Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after first run

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after first run in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing windows 10 x64 (Update and Clean) it runs for the first time. I download and install whatever updates are available, and do a restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mijaysen, Aug 29, 2015.

1. mijaysen Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after first run

After installing windows 10 x64 (Update and Clean) it runs for the first time. I download and install whatever updates are available, and do a restart, but windows wont boot, i get the windows logo, and the rings spining (Loading) and then black screen. Ive tried startup repair (From OS and USB), can't repair it, reset of pc, when done and the first run is about load, black screen. I was running win 8.1 before, with no problems.
    Ive tried multiple times to do a clean install, and same thing, run first time, but after first reboot, black sreen.
    I thaught it was something with my display driver, so at first run i tried download and install latest Nvidia driver for my card, and then reboot, but same thing, black screen. What can i do?
    My specs:
    Fujitsu Lifebook NH532 (Notebook)
    Core i7 3630QM / 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 17.3", 1920 x 1080 / Full HD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE / Intel HD Graphics 4000

:)

mijaysen, Aug 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 won't boot after first run.

Hi Ivan,

We'd like to ask what troubleshooting steps you've performed so we can provide you the proper resolution to your concern.

We're look forward to your concern.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Matt-EUC Win User
    Windows 10 won't boot after first run.

After upwards of twenty re-installs of Windows 10, I am still having an issue where after the initial run, I am unable to boot again.

I have attempted multiple times to run start-up repair, and Windows has run it's automatic repair many times but repeatedly feeds back to me that none of these have been successful. It shows me that an error report has been logged occasionally, but that's
    no damn good when I can't boot to view the file!

A few times while trying to boot, I have had a message telling me that there is a file missing. I did not, unfortunately, have the forethought to write down exactly what it said, but it was something to the effect of "winstart.exe" or "winload.exe".

The only way I have managed to get the PC to boot fully into windows, is to re-install and not reboot.

Once, I managed to reboot into windows and install some drivers, but after that, I get the same issue.

I have built and rebuilt many PCs and have never had so much trouble just from the OS.

Any help that goes beyond your standard tech support "turn it off and on again" would be greatly appreciated.

I will also add, that I am not a complete moron and have already run all the available repair tools built in to windows that I am aware of. In addition, I have set a system restore point after first boot and tried to restore to that, with no success.

Update: I went into the BIOS and set it to boot in Legacy mode. This has allowed me to boot back into windows. I will now attempt to install some drivers.

Thank you in advance,

Matt.

Matt-EUC, Aug 29, 2015
  4. me75006 Win User

on the blackscreen; any mouse cursor?
    how long do you wait to see if anything else happens ?

me75006, Aug 30, 2015
  5. mijaysen Win User
    @me75006
    No curser. The screen is very black when windows loading logo disappears, then much more backlight is turned on (Still black screen). I have waited with the black screen for about 12 hours, same black screen with full backlight

mijaysen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot after first run - Similar Threads - won't boot run

2. Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected": HiI hope someone can help me.It's a 9 year old desktop, built by me. If more info is needed, ask.Today when I started my desktop I got the error: "No bootable device detected" from BIOS Gigabyte 970A-DS3P motherboard. I just remembered, it wouldn't boot a couple of days ago,...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot, first error: "No bootable deviced detected": HiI hope someone can help me.It's a 9 year old desktop, built by me. If more info is needed, ask.Today when I started my desktop I got the error: "No bootable device detected" from BIOS Gigabyte 970A-DS3P motherboard. I just remembered, it wouldn't boot a couple of days ago,...
  4. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset: When I boot my PC only once in the morning it will not boot on the first attempt. I reset and it boots fine. Below are my stats:Anyone know what else to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset: When I boot my PC only once in the morning it will not boot on the first attempt. I reset and it boots fine. Below are my stats:Anyone know what else to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  6. Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shabshabrin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1526g/windows_10_installation_stuck_after_first_boot/
  7. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try, But will Boot When Restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try, But will Boot When Restarted: Every time I try to boot up my Dell LapTop it will not boot on the first attempt. It gets stuck at the windows 10 boot screen with the hard drive light on solid > indefinitely. This started about 4 months ago, after an update . . . If I press and hold the the On/Off...
  8. Won't boot first time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't boot first time: When I have the AMD FX9370 installed, my computer won't boot first time. Never does. I hold the power button until it shuts off and press it again for a 2nd boot with zero issues. When the FX8350 is installed it does boot first try. The board was an msi 970a G46 with an...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot unless windows 7 drive is selected to boot first

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot unless windows 7 drive is selected to boot first: Hello I did a clean Windows 10 pro 64bit install with a usb drive and media create tool a few weeks ago on a new SSD just for windows 10. I still had my windows 7 SSD still hooked up and set as first bootable drive when I installed windows 10 on the new SSD. For some...
  10. Windows 10 stop booting after first logo...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stop booting after first logo...: Greetings everyone, I'm having this issue that's giving me headaches. I'm starting my computer, it gets to the first windows logo and then my screen gets black, and my Logitech wireless keyboard says it got no connection... The thing is I've been around the web to find...