Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after latest update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop that applied the 1803 update yesterday. After it got done, it came up to a screen asking what language keyboard to use. After clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelemvor, May 19, 2018.

1. Kelemvor Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

I have a laptop that applied the 1803 update yesterday. After it got done, it came up to a screen asking what language keyboard to use. After clicking US, it came up to the Recovery screen with the options for
    • Continue (Exit and continue to Windows Rollback)
    • Use another OS
    • Troubleshoot
    • Turn off PC

Continue just reboots and goes right back to where it started.

Clicking Troubleshoot gives me the standard System Restore, Previous version, Image Recovery, Startup Repair, and Command prompt.

Everything I click returns errors saying No Restore Points have been created on your computer's system or something similar. I tried a chkdsk and a sfc scannow as well and neither had any effect. chkdsk ran but sfc said it couldn't perform the requested operation.

Anyone have any idea on anything i can do to salvage this?

Thanks.

:)

Kelemvor, May 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are facing issue with updating your computer.

If yes, then suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 after latest update, laptop will no boot up

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the question below:

• Were you able to set the DVD as the primary boot device after inserting it to the computer?
    We suggest that you follow the steps in this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot after latest update

1. Windows 10 won't boot after latest update - Similar Threads - won't boot latest

2. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  3. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  4. PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update: System - i9-12900kGigabyte Z690, LGA 1700, PCIe 5.064Gb DDR4Nvidia RTX 3090 24GbSystem drive - 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSDStorage drive - 4Tb Seagate Baracuda SATAWindows 11 HomeIssue - I booted up this morning, left the room, and on returning I saw a screen asking me to complete...
  5. PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot after latest Windows 11 update: System - i9-12900kGigabyte Z690, LGA 1700, PCIe 5.064Gb DDR4Nvidia RTX 3090 24GbSystem drive - 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSDStorage drive - 4Tb Seagate Baracuda SATAWindows 11 HomeIssue - I booted up this morning, left the room, and on returning I saw a screen asking me to complete...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: Hi, on my Dell XPS 9360R I started having issues with the explorer refreshing starting from today. One might think it's livable with but it actually rendered various programs useless, like the Intel Driver Update Checker wouldn't be able to run checks anymore. I couldn't...
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: My laptop just did a forced Microsoft update for windows 10 and now won't boot at all. All I get is the windows boot manager restarting on a permanent loop with the status 0xc0000225. I cannot get to the advanced options or anything else other than the uefi settings. I do not...
  8. Computer won't boot after latest update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot after latest update.: Since the latest update when I start the computer it gets onto Windows and a small screen pops up with Personalized settings in it. That's as far as it gets though. I tried to go back to an earlier version, but it fails each time. I also tried to repair, but it just sits...
  9. Windows won't boot to login screen after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot to login screen after latest update: After the latest Win 10 update, my HP Envy laptop won't boot to the login screen, only to a screen with the wallpaper and time. Also shows wireless connection and on off button. When I go into system recovery, it says there are no restore points, says there is a problem with...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after update: Hey, I've been searching around the web for some hours now, but I haven't found anyone with a problem similar to mine. I have a Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T. It came with Windows 8. Around a year ago I updated it to Windows 10 and it was working flawlessly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update no boot