Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot after reset!

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot after reset! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm currently unable to boot into my Windows 10 installation. Note, that I'm talking about an Intel Compute Stick (STCK1A32WFC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wind0ws, Jul 22, 2016.

1. wind0ws Win User

Windows 10 won't boot after reset!

Greetings,

I'm currently unable to boot into my Windows 10 installation. Note, that I'm talking about an Intel Compute Stick (STCK1A32WFC model/Windows 10 32bit) here. The problem started when I tried to reset my pc using the in-built Windows 10 reset feature. I opted for a full reset (wiping every file, program etc). Reset process went fine till somewhere around 40-50%, if I recall correctly, where it then flashed to a blue screen with the message "There was a problem reseting your pc", giving me only the option to "Cancel", which I did. From now on, everytime I boot the machine, it shows the Intel splash screen (minus the loading indicator), then it flashes to a black screen where it stays like that till I manually turn it off.

I've tried:

- Accessing the Windows 10 recovery.
    Tried every single troubleshoot option: reset (both full reset and keeping files - still same result as described above, won't boot), command prompt (running "chkdsk", it says that it finds some problems, but can't figure out what it means), going back to a previous built (says it can't find one, so it's of no use). Restore point & system image are out of the question since I haven't created a restore point on this machine, neither do I have a system image.

- Creating a bootable USB from another pc.
    Thing is that I can't get it to boot since there is only one USB port on this thing, which is taken by the usb adapter of my keyboard/mouse.

- Enter the BIOS.
    Didn't find much use for it, but it is still accessible.

- Manually powering off and rebooting the pc.
    Cause you never know.

I'm at a complete loss here, I've been searching around for any solutions, but to no avail.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

wind0ws, Jul 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 Won't Boot after update from Windows 7

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron 5050 and, after updating to Windows 10, it won't boot. It worked the first time but after setting it to hibernate, it refuses to boot. After doing a reset and re-installing the OS, it still won't work. The machine does not even
    give the option to roll back to the original Windows 7. How do I solve this?

Regards,

Alan Muller

AlanMuller, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Windows won't Boot after Reset

I already tried that and tried it again right now but this shows up

"Statup Repair couldn't repair your PC"

Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your pc or "shut down" to turn offf your pc

Log file C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\system32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Dipen Goyal, Jul 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I know what I would do. Get an 8gb micro-SD card and whatever adapter needed to insert that into another computer, and a USB flash drive (2 GB would be large enough). Make a bootable USB flash drive of Kyhi's recovery drive:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Download and save the Windows 10 ISO file to the micro-SD card:
    Tech Bench

Set the bios to boot from the USB first. Insert the micro-SD card and Kyhi's Recovery USB flash drive, let the computer boot from the flash drive.

After it is all booted up into Kyhi's recovery, you can remove the USB flash drive and insert your mouse/keyboard. Use file explorer and mount the ISO file stored on the Micro-SD card. Then you can do a clean install.

Or you can try connected both a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive and the mouse/keyboard through a USB hub.

NavyLCDR, Jul 22, 2016
  5. wind0ws Win User
    Thanks for the reply!

This suggestion is somewhat difficult since I don't currently have access to a micro-SD card. It'll be days when I'll finally be able to get my hands on one. But I'll be giving it a shot and update this thread when done.
    But, till then, is there anything I can do from the recovery page, anything with the command prompt? Anything that I've missed?

wind0ws, Jul 23, 2016
  6. Code: bcdboot C:\Windows[/quote] That at an elevated command prompt will recreate the boot files (I'm assuming Windows is on C ).

cyberrufus, Jul 23, 2016
  7. wind0ws Win User
    ^It just gives me a "Failure when attempting to copy boot files" error.

wind0ws, Jul 23, 2016
  8. wind0ws Win User

I've been looking around for any solutions to this problem and came across the bootrec utility. Since we are probably talking about a boot error, I thought that I should give it a chance.
    So, I tried my luck with the bootrec.exe tool in cmd and came up with some pretty interesting results. I runned the "bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd" command just to see if my Windows installation shows up and it turns out that the "total identified Windows installations" number is 0.

So, this basically means that my Windows installation is gone?

EDIT: Nope, command did nothing. Still giving me a black screen.

wind0ws, Jul 24, 2016
  9. letmein Win User
    letmein, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot after reset! - Similar Threads - won't boot reset

2. Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting...: Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made. all the suggested fixes won't work. sfc doesn't work renaming system and software cannot access won't work.I need to get the files off this computer, please...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting...: Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made. all the suggested fixes won't work. sfc doesn't work renaming system and software cannot access won't work.I need to get the files off this computer, please...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after an update and the reset this PC there was a problem resetting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Won't Boot or Reset BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't Boot or Reset BSOD: I have a 2019 ASUS Scar II Laptop and ive been running the laptop for about a year. Absolutely no issues or BSOD's. Most of you will find this hard to believe, but I saw steam has added support for the DualSense 5 controller. So i bought one. When I tried plugging the...
  6. Pc won't boot after factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't boot after factory reset.: I have a Lenovo erazer x310 and when i resetted it it wont boot. It shows the lenovo screen but does not go further than that not even in BIOS. The computer was working fine until now....
  7. Windows 10 won't boot after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot after reset: My computer was running very slow so I decided to do a system reset. I mad the windows recovery media and proceded with the reset without any problems. After however it has been stuck in this screen for hours. (Glitch https://imgur.com/gallery/VNFu1S8) Finally I turned it off...
  8. My windows 10 laptop won't boot up, even after resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 laptop won't boot up, even after resetting: My laptop is not booting after it showed a blue screen error saying 'Thread Stuck In Device Driver'. I tried booting to safe mode from advance options but it didn't worked, I tried system restore, uninstalling updated, all of them didnt worked I even tried 'reset this pc'...
  9. Windows 10 Won't Boot After Hard Reset to SATA SSD in Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Won't Boot After Hard Reset to SATA SSD in Settings: I'm really at my wit's end with this; so the other day, I reset my old PC by utilizing the built-in "Reset" option that Windows has. I opted to "Remove Everything", as I am trying to sell this PC and want to make sure none of my data is recoverable. I made no backups or...
  10. Windows 10 Won't boot, reset or repair PC????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won't boot, reset or repair PC????: Hi, I recently reset my MSI notebook ready to give to a friend and first of all it seemed ok and then I noticed the start menu and other things were not working. After restarting the computer it now takes me to the boot options menu where it will let me select option like...