Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!)

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So here's the story: I shrunk my windows partition on my computer to make room for a new dual-boot.I also deleted a linux install, but windows was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by juder11, Mar 10, 2016.

1. juder11 Win User

Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!)

So here's the story: I shrunk my windows partition on my computer to make room for a new dual-boot.I also deleted a linux install, but windows was never detected by grub2, it booted exclusively from UEFI. Due to other issues shortly thereafter I reset my bios. I then started up my computer and it loaded the MSI logo, then a black screen. I switched the BIOS to legacy boot, and started up a live cd successfully, in an attempt to rescue a few files then wipe the whole thing and restart. Linux, unfortunately would only mount partitions a, d, g(see below), as read only, giving me this message: "The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting)"

Current Status:
    My system currently has the following the following Partitions(in order):
    a)WinRE tools (ntfs, 600 MB)
    b)SYSTEM (fat32, 300 MB)
    c)Microsoft reserved partition (unknown, 128 MB)
    d)OS_Install (ntfs, 391.39 GB)
    e)no label (ntfs, 787 MB)
    f)Data (ntfs, 255.22 GB)
    g)BIOS_RVY (ntfs, 18.72 GB)
    h)246.41 GB unallocated space

I can install and boot legacy to other OSs.

Question: Can I fix the install? if not, How do I get the product key out of it?

:)

juder11, Mar 10, 2016
  2. ctoefer Win User

Windows won't boot up after latest update 1-28-18 time frame

One of my computers (Windows 10 Pro) won't boot up after the latest update. Used computer on night of 1-28-18 and on 1-29-18 it won't boot up. Tried to restore from 3 separate restore points but that does not work. After boot up, all I get is the Windows
    logo on my screen. When I did the restore point it seemed to go back to that restore point but after re-booting, it shows setting up new features then after another reboot all I get is the Windows logo. Any help would be nice.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

ctoefer, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Won't Boot

I'm afraid the boot record for my dual-boot Windows 10 PC is corrupted. It won't reliably boot to either boot partition. Each boot partition is on a separate drive and I don't remember where the master boot record is. Before I start over reinstalling Windows
    10 and everything else, I'd like to copy some files from the user directories on the two system drives. Can I boot to the USB installation media and and copy files from the system drive user directories to another drive before the system drive is reformatted?
    If not is there another way to do that?

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!)

1. Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!) - Similar Threads - won't boot Another

2. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! SOLVED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! SOLVED: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  3. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  4. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  5. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

6. Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to put an SSD of a broken computer in another one of the same model, it won't boot.: I had a laptop PC1 crashing and losing control over the touchpad, so I decided to take the SSD out and put it in a new laptop PC2. I put the old SSD from PC1 into PC2 Both HP Probook 640 G3. PC1 can take both SSDs and boots with no problems, on the other hand, PC2 can take...
  7. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  8. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  9. Moving from one boot drive to another

10. Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one: Both of them are compatible with windows 10, the bootable one was a Core 2 Duo E8200, 2 GB of DDR2 800 MHZ ram, the one that won't boot is my main laptop Dell Latitude E6440 i5-4310M, 8GB of DDR3L 1600MHZ ram. Anyone have any idea? TIA submitted by /u/TheBoai [link]...