Windows 10: Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I shut down my computer, I always have this problem. The Windows 10 insignia and the loading circle beneath will appear, then the screen will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.

Whenever I shut down my computer, I always have this problem. The Windows 10 insignia and the loading circle beneath will appear, then the screen will fade to black, and then my monitor says it can't detect my computer. I then have to unplug my computer from the outlet because I can't shut it down by pressing the power button. When I start it up again afterwards, it will start perfectly fine. And whenever I try to change the boot configurations, it automatically resets itself to the previous version.

Please help and thank you in advance.

:)

AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015
  2. Zink Tree Win User

Cortana won't wake up

Cortana won't wake up even after a cold PC boot.

Zink Tree, Aug 7, 2015
  3. B1VB Win User
    Bluetooth with Asus Z170i Pro Gaming ITX Board

You need to run the power down, unplug, and cold boot sequence first to get the bluetooth module to re-appear in the Device Manager. Since it's not powering up, Windows doesn't know its there and won't list it in the Device Manager until you force it to
    power on properly. THEN you can follow the procedure outlined by donzelljohnson to tell Windows to stop turning the bluetooth module off.

B1VB, Aug 7, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.

Maybe your motherboard battery is dead CMOS needs to be replace if your bios doesn't stay where you settled

sn00ker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. So I need a new mobo?

AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015
  6. And if I do does that mean I will lose my free Windows 10 upgrade?

AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015
  7. What didn't you understand????
    Change the little cmos battery! About $3 at most stores that sell batteries.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up.

Alright. Gotcha. Thanks

AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015
  9. YOU
    You Win User
    Before buy a new CMOS battery, change a setting in the BIOS, turn off r computer, turn it back on, then see if the setting saved. If it didn't, r battery is dead.

Are sure that the CMOS battery is the problem? A dead CMOS battery just means that r BIOS settings reset to their defaults every startup.

10. I think it was dead on arrival because I could never change my BIOS before.

AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015
  11. sn00ker Win User
    From your OP it made me think it was your cmos battery but what "You" just mention to you . I say give it a try and you will know for sure

sn00ker, Aug 7, 2015
  12. I bought a new battery and installed it. Did the exact same thing as before.

AMDISBETTER, Aug 7, 2015
  13. sn00ker Win User

How is your bios settled up ? I wonder if its on the optical drive first and not the hard drive . If its the hard drive first I would scan it for possible errors

sn00ker, Aug 8, 2015
  14. I have the HD set to boot to first. Should i defragment it?

AMDISBETTER, Aug 8, 2015
  15. sn00ker Win User
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't boot properly on cold start-up. - Similar Threads - won't boot properly

2. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...
  3. COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COLD start up BSOD Windows 11 Won't launch: Did a completely fresh install of Windows 11, now keep getting BSOD on the first start up of the day, I can game and chug along all day without a BSOD no problem, Windows will load up fine if I go to bios, exit and restart, Windows will boot up fine. Windows also boots up...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot/start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot/start up: This problem literally started out of nowhere. All was fine today until while trying to do something, my Gateway laptop which obviously has Windows 10 just went black. I turned it back on, and the "slide to shut down" appeared and it obviously turned my PC off. Now, when I...
  5. Computer won't boot up properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't boot up properly.: The pc itself will turn on fine, and the monitor turns on and everything. But once it gets to running windows, the screen turns black and the cursor gets a blue wheel. For some backstory: A couple days ago I deleted something from my computer, and it asked me if I wanted to...
  6. Windows 10 - Cold Start

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Cold Start: Question: When I first power up my laptop, I get the background screen. When I access the mouse or touch the trackpad my screen flashes wildly. I got to reboot the laptop, and everything is resolved; the problem disappears. -- Quite baffling ?? -- Anyone ever encountered...
  7. BSOD on cold start up

BSOD on cold start up: Hi, I just put together a new desktop. I5 9600k Aorus Z390 Ultra 16 gb ram @3200 Mhz Recently I have been getting BSOD on cold start up. Usually, the system would reboot and it be stable thereafter. I have the dump files hosted here....
  8. Laptop won't boot up properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot up properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dave_dinkum598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fofjz2/laptop_wont_boot_up_properly/
  9. Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up: Hello everyone, Back in late November I updated my parents' computer to Windows 10 Home October 2018 update. A few months later, my parents told me they were having a re-occurring sound issue with the system. It started with the update, but they never bothered to tell me....
  10. BSOD on cold start up

BSOD on cold start up: Hi The BSOD, that happens on a cold start up (when the computer has been turned off overnight) has been happening on random occasions ever since I built the computer. I've reinstalled windows, twice. I had thought it might be a hardware issue and have checked each stick of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wont boot up properly

2. windows 10 wont cold start