Windows 10: Windows 10 won't defrag

Discus and support Windows 10 won't defrag in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, HP Desktop won't defrag the SYSTEM Drive. I have read several times on this forum that I cannot defrag it, nor does it need it. Yet, is tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jaybobMT, Jul 4, 2018.

1. jaybobMT Win User

Windows 10 won't defrag

Hi,

HP Desktop won't defrag the SYSTEM Drive. I have read several times on this forum that I cannot defrag it, nor does it need it. Yet, is tells me it needs optimized(Needs optimization 25% fragmented). What is the truth?

TIA

:)

jaybobMT, Jul 4, 2018

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jul 4, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 won't defrag

defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't defrag

1. Windows 10 won't defrag - Similar Threads - won't defrag

2. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  3. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  4. Windows 10 Defragmentation won't Defrag 47% Fragmented

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Defragmentation won't Defrag 47% Fragmented: I have a Lenovo Laptop with windows 10, I noticed file transferring from drive to drive was a bit slow so I checked windows defragmentation app and it said my HDD is 47% Fragmented even though its supposed to run automatically weekly, I ran the optimization option which ran...
  5. Windows just won't stop defraging my SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows just won't stop defraging my SSD: Just this week yesterday, I found out that windows had a bug from YouTube that always defrags the SSD when restart/booting up from shut down. No wonder my SSD always gets hot after I booted up the PC, after its done all of its defragmenting the SSD cools down again But...
  6. Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD: My computer has a HDD and an Intel optane drive installed. I opened the windows defrag tool to try and defrag my HDD and it says that both the HDD and optane drive are SSDs and can't be optimized. I found a troubleshooting guide on how to fix the defragmenter. I've already...
  7. Windows Defrag and Optimize won't open with any method.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defrag and Optimize won't open with any method.: "Defrag and Optimize in Windows 10 will not open as of 3-31-19. The 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework for 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4486553 was installed on 3-31-19 as well. Defrag worked a couple weeks ago. How to fix?...
  8. Defragment and Optimize Disk won't open in Local Services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defragment and Optimize Disk won't open in Local Services: Defragment and Optimize Disks service is missing from list of Windows 10 services. It shows up on list of Administrative Tools in the Control Panel, but won't open even when using "Run as Administrator". I have run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in the command...
  9. defrag won't start tasksheduler not start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    defrag won't start tasksheduler not start: when i look by services task sheduler is start automatically and defrag won't start because the task sheduler is not start and i can't change it is grey 100402
  10. Defragment Drives (dfrgui.exe) won't start after 1703 Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragment Drives (dfrgui.exe) won't start after 1703 Update: Defrag and Optimization (e.g. c:\windows\system32\dfgui.exe) will not start after update to Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.423). It Is not shown in service.msc. Can anyone confirm this behavior. I have attempted to run it manually from cmd.exe and it simply does nothing. I have...