Windows 10: Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I close my laptop lid to put Windows 10 to sleep, it won't turn off properly - the computer continues to run, as indicated by the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FunkDoc1112, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen

Whenever I close my laptop lid to put Windows 10 to sleep, it won't turn off properly - the computer continues to run, as indicated by the power button and the three lights on the side of the laptop, but I'm stuck on a black screen and the only way to get out of it is holding the power button and turning it off completely. Anyway to fix this?

:)

FunkDoc1112, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Mdawg221 Win User

Can someone tell me why when I hit sleep mode in windows 10 that the screen goes black, but stays lit up???

Can someone tell me why when I hit sleep mode in windows 10 that the screen goes black, but stays lit up??? I put it into sleep mode without plugging it in & my battery is almost dead. Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen :( I just downloaded the update yesterday, so idk why the screen
    won't go totally black like it did in windows 8.1???? Help would be appreciated. Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen :)

Mdawg221, Aug 11, 2015
  3. trbogt Win User
    the windows 10 anniversary download.....my computer sleeps, then won't wake up...blank screen (black) and to get to desktop have to control--alt--delete!!!

Hi....what do you mean "goes to sleep won't wake up goes to black screen"

Are you sure it is actually going to sleep and shutting down the computer?

and not just shutting the screen off as a 'Screen saver setting'?

Your question is not clear....can you type on a regular keyboard?

You may just have your Screen saver set to I minute....but we need a more clear question/explanation.

thanks.

*john

trbogt, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen

I've made three threads for similar issues in the last few days and absolutely none of them have received replies *Rolleyes

FunkDoc1112, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen

1. Windows 10 won't go to sleep - black screen - Similar Threads - won't sleep black

2. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  3. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  4. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically: My windows 10 desktop pc won't go to sleep automatically. I've changed the power settings to put my screen and pc to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity but only my monitor goes to sleep. If i do it by the power button it goes to sleep immediately. There's no apps running as...
  5. Windows 10 comp won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 comp won't go to sleep: I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem where when I tried putting my comp to sleep with the Power button from the Start menu?I currently am running an AMD Ryzen 3800x on a Gigabyte 570x gaming motherboard and an Nvidia RTX 2080. So far I have tried:-...
  6. Won't go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't go to sleep?: Recently I've been noticing my PC won't sleep after 1 hour while I am afk? I have the settings on for 1 hour inactive to then go asleep till I return but It's been going off and on like this for a bit now. I was away for 2 hours, and see my PC still on? Is it just windows...
  7. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  8. Windows 10 still won't go to sleep

Windows 10 still won't go to sleep: Hi, This is a follow up to the older post I previously made if you'd like to read it: https://bit.ly/2HAEcKI Anyways, I set the computer go to sleep after 1 minute and it doesn't work. Even when I lock the computer, I usually see the splash screen and it's supposed to go...
  9. computer won't go to sleep Windows 10

computer won't go to sleep Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep and then starts right back up. Won't stay asleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-go-to-sleep-windows-10/16671af2-df00-4d35-a76a-f4c86b289204
  10. Windows won't go to sleep

Windows won't go to sleep: I can't put Windows to sleep when it is plugged in. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-go-to-sleep/aea50df6-525b-4928-afe3-3dc364326fea