Windows 10: Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018

Discus and support Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A little over a year ago, with much fanfare, Microsoft execs drew a line in the sand, predicting that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by lehnerus2000, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018

ZDNet - Microsoft: Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018

lehnerus2000, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Ztruker Win User

As soon as the free upgrade stops, new Windows 10 installations wills drop off dramatically. Windows 10 numbers will be driven almost completely by new computer buys.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it. *Sad

:)

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2016
  3. how many days required to download windows 10 after reservation

The reservation que is hit or miss. With a potential pool of 1 billion devices it may be a while

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 17, 2016
  4. Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018

Will Windows 10 be avaible midnight 29 of july ?

Here is a link form ZDNet: Microsoft: Windows 10 will be on 1 billion devices in two to three years | ZDNet,
    The 1 billion computers is what Microsoft hopes will happen in like two or three years. It wont happen on the 29th of July. Other news organizations also published the same information just do a search for "Microsoft 1 billion devices" and a lot of news
    stories come up about it.

TonyPalermo, Jul 17, 2016
  5. I personally would like to know how many Desktops and Laptops have W-10 install.
    No phones, toys or little gadgets may apply.

Layback Bear, Jul 17, 2016
  6. My Raspberry Pi is counted as one of those devices. *Tongue When its running 10 IoT, which isn't very often if I'm honest. It would be interesting to see the spread, PC versus mobile versus IoT. I can't see IoT adding up to very much. If Microsoft would port the Mobile to run on the Pi I'd be running it on a Pi dedicated just to that. That would be a real Windows To Go device. For me it would be. Especially on a Pi Zero.

alphanumeric, Jul 17, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I'm running Win 10 on my Dell Venue 9 Pro but I would not have upgraded if it had not been free.
    I currently have 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 tablet and Oracle VM on one of the Desktops. That totals 4 installs of Windows 10.

1 10586.494
    3 14399 Insider Preview

Are the Insider installs counted?

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2016
  8. Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018

I'm thinking yes. Those activated with digital entitlements almost certainly are counted. If the higher number the better is what your after, do the math. ;-)

alphanumeric, Jul 17, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Has anyone ever seen the number of active entitlements for IP installs posted anywhere?

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2016
  10. I upgrade my Alienware 18, Acer AS8950G, HP and another Acer all went well. My Acer AS 9810 got a message that Nvidia won't be making a driver for the 7600. My Surface Book came with WIndows 10 and it gets more updates then the others because it's MS and not an OEM. That laptop is 10 year old and I tried to install Mint Linux but i can't get to BIOS and the DVD won't boot or USB flash drive. I also installed it on 4 friends and didn't have any issues.

I was also an insider on the Acer 8950 with one SSD and did the upgrade on another SSD from Windows 7.

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018

1. Windows 10 won't hit 1 billion devices by mid-2018 - Similar Threads - won't hit billion

2. Microsoft: Windows 10 is now on 1.3 billion monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 is now on 1.3 billion monthly active devices: Windows 10 is heading closer towards the next big milestone of the 1.5 billion mark, with Microsoft announcing that the operating system is now being actively used on 1.3 billion devices monthly. That’s according to Satya Nadella, Chief Executive Officer at Microsoft, who...
  3. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  4. Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond

in Windows 10 News
    Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond: This year, Microsoft Build 2020 is a digital-only event that we all get to experience from the comfort of our homes. We hope you enjoy learning about the new features and technologies that matter most to you. Today, I will have the privilege of sharing how developers can...
  5. Windows 10: Powering the world with 1 billion monthly active devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Powering the world with 1 billion monthly active devices: [ATTACH] From the launch of Windows 10, our focus was on moving people from having, to choosing, to loving Windows. With the release of every new build of Windows 10, we have seen customer satisfaction improve as we have made fixes and added new capabilities and...
  6. Microsoft investing $1 billion in OpenAI to support AGI

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft investing $1 billion in OpenAI to support AGI: Microsoft Corp. and OpenAI, two companies thinking deeply about the role of AI in the world and how to build secure, trustworthy and ethical AI to serve the public, have partnered to further extend Microsoft Azure’s capabilities in large-scale AI systems. Through this...
  7. MS's '1 billion devices' goal has 73% of businesses planning to deploy

in Windows 10 News
    MS's '1 billion devices' goal has 73% of businesses planning to deploy: One billion. Without context, the number still manages to stand alone as impressively massive. However, in regards to Microsoft, the number stands as a reminder of a lofty promise towards a seemingly daunting accomplishment. This year, at Microsoft’s annual Build conference,...
  8. Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years: At its Build developer conference today, Microsoft announced that it expects Windows 10, its forthcoming operating system, to run on 1 billion devices in two to three years. That’s the idea, at least. The goal is reasonable, given the company’s decision to offer Windows 10...
  9. Yahoo says all 3 billion accounts hit by 2013 hack

in Windows 10 News
    Yahoo says all 3 billion accounts hit by 2013 hack: The web giant, now owned by Verizon, disclosed the theft of 500 million records in September 2016, only to reveal in December a separate theft of one billion records. "Based on an analysis of the information with the assistance of outside forensic experts, Yahoo has...
  10. Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices: Updated July 2, 2015 6:07 am - With around four weeks to go before Windows 10 becomes available, I thought it would be helpful to provide some context on how we will roll-out Windows 10 to the world. We’ve been really pleased with the strong response to Windows 10 since we...