Windows 10: Windows 10 won't install updates after restart

Discus and support Windows 10 won't install updates after restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just now my PC finished downloading build 15002 and asked me to reboot to install the build. I did not do it immediately because I was busy. But now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by renk23, Jan 9, 2017.

1. renk23 Win User

Windows 10 won't install updates after restart

Just now my PC finished downloading build 15002 and asked me to reboot to install the build. I did not do it immediately because I was busy.

But now that I've been trying to reboot to install, the PC just restarted, did not install anything.

I tried "update and restart" and "update and shutdown" from Start Menu, both don't work. (just restart)
    I tried "restart now" in the Windows Update on Settings panel... unsuccessfully. (just restart)
    I tried to set a time to restart, but only restart without install.

I tried reset Windows Updates... won't work.

Any help?

P.S. Sorry my bad english.

:)

renk23, Jan 9, 2017
  2. JonMunsey Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

This update won't finish installing. I have tried 3 times now and it takes ages to download and then after 3 restarts it stops and recovers my my Windows 10 without the update. Any ideas?

JonMunsey, Jan 9, 2017
  3. windows 10 boot problem

I recently updated my dell laptop to windows 10 November update after. After update windows won't boot and goes to blue screen and restart any solution

soham kulkarni, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Windows 10 won't install updates after restart

cottonball, Jan 9, 2017
  5. renk23 Win User
    renk23, Jan 9, 2017
  6. I saw you ran the update reset. It very likely is the same as the trouble shooter but I would recommend you run it, at least once.

Type Troubleshooting into Cortana search bar, Trouble Shooting Control panel should appear at top. Click. Lower right side, Fix Window Updates, click, then click advance and run as administrator, click next. I have had to run it twice to clear all errors.

Caledon Ken, Jan 9, 2017
  7. No issues at all during the upgrade.

NICK ADSL UK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't install updates after restart

1. Windows 10 won't install updates after restart - Similar Threads - won't install updates

2. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  3. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  4. Windows 10 not installing updates after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not installing updates after restart: Hello MS. After installing Windows 10 21H1, it said I was on the latest version but I was still on 20H2. Now I can't reinstall the update. Can someone help me?????...
  5. Windows update will not install after restart

Windows update will not install after restart: This morning I woke up ready to play some games with some of my buddies, when I realized there was a minor security update I needed to do to play. I did the usual and went to settings and the update page. I hit restart as always and it booted down and started counting how...
  6. After Windows 10 update "restart" won't work

After Windows 10 update "restart" won't work: Hello all, Windows 10 update to version 1909 hit my computer yesterday. The update would stall and just show the PCs brand name ASUS on the screen forever. I figured later that I had to manually shut down the computer and start again several times for the update to...
  7. Windows Installation won't post after restart.

Windows Installation won't post after restart.: Decided to upgrade computer and got new memory, PSU, videocard, motherboard and CPU. Went and installed windows 10 on old ssd after wiping it and install went all the way to the restarting PC in 10 seconds. It would restart but nothing on the screen. Things I have tried: 1....
  8. Windows 10 update won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update won't restart: Windows 10 update now will not boot, recovery does not allow keyboard layout selection, USB keyboard now disabled Exact same results - 2 identical desktops...
  9. Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart

Windows update 1803 won't install - PC won't restart: The system tries to push the update 1803 on a regular basis, but each time it fails to reboot. It hangs after the first BIOS initialisation and Windows tries to take over. Luckily I can get reset the PC and Windows recovers the PC to the former status. It shows the...
  10. W10 Won't Restart After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Won't Restart After Update: My Gateway desktop running W10 updated a few days ago and I believe, restarted on its own. We used it without problem, for several days. This afternoon, I saw I had notifications and one said the computer needed to be restarted. Not having anything pressing at the moment, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont update after restart

2. windows 10 wont restart to install update

3. updates wont install after restart

4. windows 10 wont update on restart,
  5. windows update wont install after restart