Windows 10: Windows 10 won't offer full HD resolution for full HD monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 won't offer full HD resolution for full HD monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed the latest Windows 10 TP (I believe it said April) on an old school computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.97 GHz. It always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pmds25, Jun 21, 2015.

1. pmds25 Win User

Windows 10 won't offer full HD resolution for full HD monitor

Hello, I recently installed the latest Windows 10 TP (I believe it said April) on an old school computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.97 GHz. It always used to run 3:2 in the classroom but on a fresh install of 7 Professional it offered and worked in Full HD 16:9 mode while connected to a compatible Full HD display using VGA. Now, after installing 10, it is offering me 1024 × 768 and 1200-ish as display options- but there's nowhere that I can see a place to manually override that and demand Full HD wide-screen for the same Full HD 16:9 VGA-connected monitor! Does anyone know if such a function exists, and, if so, how to access it? If there's no built-in tool, is there an external one I can use?

Many thanks!

:)

pmds25, Jun 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 screen resolution too big for moniter

My Windows 10 screen resolution is too big for my monitor. Its recommended at 1920 x 1080, full HD and my monitor has a 23" Full HD screen and I have Intel Integrated HD Graphics and I just updated to Windows 10 2 days ago.

KevinLiu21, Jun 21, 2015
  3. IanCorner Win User
    Windows 10 Monitor Issues

I have just installed windows 10 and my monitor (I use an HD TV) is not recognised by windows 10. I have tried altering the display settings but it just won't detect it.

The display is very poor quality now and I cannot adjust the resolution to full hd.

How can I fix this?

IanCorner, Jun 21, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

sounds like a driver issue to me. dunno however, why the common resolutions that VGA can support, have been disabled.

batlhilz, Jun 22, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    Which kind of GPU an which drivers are you using for it ?

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 won't offer full HD resolution for full HD monitor - Similar Threads - won't offer full

2. Is windows designed to perform best on a full HD screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows designed to perform best on a full HD screen?: I recently moved from mac to windows.having been working with Retina screen, I wanted to have a same-level screen for my upgraded windows laptop.Now I have a dell Precision 5570 with a 4k+ 3840 * 2400 screen quality. I also have 2 external monitors, one 4k and one is FHD.If...
  3. Is windows designed to perform best on a full HD screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows designed to perform best on a full HD screen?: I recently moved from mac to windows.having been working with Retina screen, I wanted to have a same-level screen for my upgraded windows laptop.Now I have a dell Precision 5570 with a 4k+ 3840 * 2400 screen quality. I also have 2 external monitors, one 4k and one is FHD.If...
  4. Issue with new computer having full HD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with new computer having full HD.: Recently purchased HP with Windows 11 Pro, two 1TB HD one of which is an SSD and from the get-go my main HD has been full and notifies me that it is full or very close to full to almost full since purchase. Am I missing something here? Are there steps I can take to move any...
  5. Issue with new computer having full HD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with new computer having full HD.: Recently purchased HP with Windows 11 Pro, two 1TB HD one of which is an SSD and from the get-go my main HD has been full and notifies me that it is full or very close to full to almost full since purchase. Am I missing something here? Are there steps I can take to move any...
  6. 4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K television on Full HD Windows 10 and PS4 Pro?: I got a 4K TV a few days ago, but I read that if you play games (or media in general) on a 4K TV with Full HD only, so that it is downscaled, it would look worse than native Full HD. For context, I use my TV as a PC screen so I can play on the PC from a distance (from my sofa...
  7. Can't change display resolution from HD to Full HD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display resolution from HD to Full HD: My laptop HP 15 da-0327tu HDD crashed. Post installation of a new HDD and SSD laptop was working very slow hence added a SSD drive to improve the performance, I re-installed Win 10 64-bit using the HP recovery tool. Since, this re-installation I am unable to change my display...
  8. Windows 10 not fully compatible with Full HD screens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not fully compatible with Full HD screens?: With my new laptop came my first experience with Full HD graphics. The "nice and sharp" look only applies to the vector graphics used in the taskbar icons and window borders and such. I keep my zoom level at 125%, since it's the recommended size, and that makes everything...
  9. HD resolutions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HD resolutions: Hello, I was wondering, my laptop has a max resolution of 1366x768. is this HD? 720p or 1080p? Cheers Mates, Tyler T. EDIT: spelling errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd-resolutions/653837f2-99c1-403e-b4ca-ab14d5047b30
  10. Mouse Cursor is not full HD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Cursor is not full HD?: Hi, I have an Asus ROG GL552-VW laptop and I'm using an AOC 27 Inch 1080P Monitor via HDMI. The cursor when using HDMI is not full HD, it's a mix of "Fuzzy And Pixelated" but when I record my screen and play it back the cursor looks fine. I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M....