Windows 10: Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected

Discus and support Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Issue: Windows 10 plays Mp3 Files just fine. Connect an HDMI cable to the video output port, and then windows 10 suddenly wont play those files. An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vector330ix, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected

Issue:

Windows 10 plays Mp3 Files just fine. Connect an HDMI cable to the video output port, and then windows 10 suddenly wont play those files. An error message pops us inside windows media player and Grove that this file type is not supported. Also no sound is played through the HDMI Cable to my TV, and no sound is played when i click the volume bar on the bottom right side.

More detail:

I work for an integration company. We just installed a couple of conference rooms for a company in which we have an HDMI cable running from the table through the floor in the walls and to the TV. From there it breaks out into the Amplifier and plays audio in the room. Normally i bring my Mac book pro for testing but i purchased this Windows 10 computer as a test device. I did not have a second laptop with me to test this out.

However, With the computer and the HDMI cable i am getting video to the TV. When i enter my TV menu and arrow around the menu option my sound works on the built in speakers in the room. So i can confirm that the cabling is all correct. This is the identical setup that we always use. I have also plugged my Iphone into the cabling behind the TV and played music which worked perfectly fine.

The computer, as i mentioned, would play MP3 files perfectly fine, untill i plugged in the HDMI cable. Infact i can be playing and MP3 file and then plug in the hdmi cable and suddenly the computer stops playing the MP3 file and gives me the error that windows can not support this file type. Those same MP3's play on an SDCard in the TV when i access them directly from the tv. So those files are not bad. Also anything with audio fails to play anywhere (tv or locally on the laptop) when the HDMI is plugged in.

Also i have gone to the control panel and selected the Audio section and looked at the video card / audio output selections. When i have no HDMI cable selected the option for audio output changes to the internal sound card. (which is correct) and then i plug in the HDMI Cable and the audio switches to the HDMI output (which is correct)

the only two conclusions i can come up with are this particular computer has a bad video card. or windows 10 is not supporting audio output. I have never tested our setups with windows 10 before.

Last bit i'll include this is a brand new computer. Core i5 8Gb ram 1tb hard drive. its a toshiba.

what are your thoughts? have you seen this happen before?

:)

vector330ix, Dec 9, 2015
  2. MichaelB3 Win User

Continuum over DisplayPort - No signal

Dear Gino,

I managed to connect my Lumia 950 to my BenQ GL2450 via HDMI. It does not work via an DisplayPort to HDMI cable. All my Fujitsu B22W-6 displays wont connect via an DisplayPort DisplayPort cable nor via the HDMI to DisplayPort cable.

Please advise.

MichaelB3, Dec 9, 2015
  3. Pinjala Win User
    Can't login when I create a new user account on Windows 10

Hi Ankit,

Yes I tried exactly as in the link "Project to screen" but it wont connect to the Samsung TV using the HDMI cable from the HP Envy laptop. It seems that the HDMI connection is broken in Windows 10 based on the user feedback on the thread "How
    to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC
    ".

I can how ever connect to the Samsung TV as a wireless device but not with the HDMI cable. Can you let me know if in Windows 10 the HDMI connection for a second monitor is still an issue ? It seems that when you have a graphics card as well as Intel integrated
    graphics( which has the HDMI connection ) the is some issue with the driver in Windows 10.

I have another laptop a Dell one still in Windows 7 and I have no issue with that laptop.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Pinjala, Dec 9, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected

dalchina, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Well i did see those post but those were particularly about a driver issue with the windows 10 upgrade. Essentially those pc did not have a Windows driver for hdmi audio

In my case this does show up as an hdmi sound card option and this is not an upgrade its factory installed Windows 10.

Windows update are fully updated.

Thanks for those links though.

vector330ix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected

1. Windows 10 wont play MP3 if there is an HDMI cable connected - Similar Threads - wont play MP3

2. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  3. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI cable: i hadn't connected my device to HDMI cable 2 monthes ago, it was working well but now it doesn't work, i've restarted the labtop and the tv, and the cable is working well with another device, can you help me solving the problem, please? my device core i7 and the windows is 10...
  6. Windows 10 laptop wont recognize HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 laptop wont recognize HDMI cable: When I plug it in nothing happens. Any idea why and how to fix this? Ive tried it with another Win 10 laptop and it works normally. submitted by /u/stonded [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kidcbk/windows_10_laptop_wont_recognize_hdmi_cable/
  7. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  8. HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.

HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.: I connected my laptop to the TV last night via HDMI to watch some shows when I noticed it wasn't playing audio like it usually does. Visual was fine, but audio was only coming from my laptop. Went through various settings and tried everything from games to mp3s, but it's like...
  9. connect ps3 by hdmi cable

connect ps3 by hdmi cable: how do I connect a ps3 using a regular hdmi cable to a Lenovo ideapad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-ps3-by-hdmi-cable/7d13e683-b73b-4803-a6d5-56caefb75553
  10. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125