Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS...

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So My pc has windows 10 built in. My pc was taking more than normal time to start. I wanted to reset my pc with a remove all the files option But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VirenBoricha, Aug 13, 2018.

1. WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS...

So My pc has windows 10 built in. My pc was taking more than normal time to start. I wanted to reset my pc with a remove all the files option But the reset was stuck on 46% for 5 to 6 hours so later i restart my pc and it shows windows is installing it Started my pc But it was still slow and not properly cleaned so i tried resetting it again this time it was stuck on 43% for hours i again restarted it and it again showed installing windows so the process started and when it reached 12% it came back to 11% so i thought i have a recovery drive i would use it. So i shut down my pc directly without that process of installing windows 10 being completed later i tried reinstalling windows using the drice but it would reach 8% and fail i tried resetting it didn't work i did not create a recovery point so that didnt work. I tried to remove the usb and check whether the pc starts but it showed Checking Media so I have to insert the usb drive to open the option i tried all reset and recovery remove all or just remove my files all the advance options nothing worked. Also this pc has a built in Windows 10 so i don't think its a good idea to use the media creation tool since there's no key

:)

VirenBoricha, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Aug 13, 2018
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. 95Viper Win User

WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS...

USB flash drive won't read, wants to format.

What file system did your friend use to format the USB flash drive?
    Linux, MAC, Windows, etc.... if, he did the project on a different file format; the system may not think there is anything useful and wants to format it to make usable.
    Or, the drive has gotten corrupted (like your friend pulled the drive before it was finished and the file table/partition info/etc. is corrupt).
    Static could have gotten it, too.

One of many recovery apps:
    USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Software

Google has a sh*t load software to recovery and/or repair usb drives; but, be careful and always scan your downloads with a good a/v package.
    usb flash drive recovery software

Just some ideas.*Smile WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS... :)

95Viper, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS...

1. WINDOWS 10 WON'T RESET, REINSTALL OR WORK. WHEN THE USB FLASH DRIVE IS REMOVED IT SHOWS... - Similar Threads - WON'T RESET REINSTALL

2. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  3. USB Flash Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not working: Hi I recently bought a new pen drive and moved my stuff to it. After I used it multiple times, a message pop ups and said my pen drive has a issue and it needed to be scanned and fixed. So i click it and give the command to repair it. But for long time it is still like that...
  4. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  5. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  6. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall from USB flash drive: Hi, I used the creation tool to make the USB successfully. I set the Laptop to boot from USB. The process took approximately 8 hours and shut down at the end of it. I did not see if there was any message at completion My question; Should I now remove the USB and try to...
  8. USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB flash drive not working: I recently got a windows 10 PC, but it tells me I need to change the password. I don’t know the old password, so I pressed ‘password reset disk’ and it tells me I need a USB flash drive, I insert one into the PC, and it still says I need to insert one. I waited for a while...
  9. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10: After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D', the previous startup disk was SSD and now become E'. So how can I set the SSD as the startup disk?...
  10. won't boot into Windows 10 when USB flash drive is inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    won't boot into Windows 10 when USB flash drive is inserted: I have a used Thinkpad SL510 purchased on eBay. It came with Window 7 Pro. It is an older laptop so no UEFI. I immediately did a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit. I managed to find all the drivers for it, and there are no problems in Device Manager. Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont reset or reinstall

2. windows 10 wont reset reinstall

3. reinstall Surface with the USB flash drive didnt work