Windows 10: Windows 10 won't run

Discus and support Windows 10 won't run in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for the reply. I've turned quick boot off and tried booting from where windows is located. None of this worked. Any more help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hayden93, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Hayden93 Win User

Windows 10 won't run

Hi Adam,
    Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles. I doubt that it is a corrupt BIOS as you advised that you are able to progress further into the recovery. The next step that I would recommend is loading into that USB environment that you mentioned earlier. In that go to the command prompt and follow these steps:
    SFC /Scannow
    --IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT FIX ISSUE--
    Chkdsk C: /F /R
    --IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT FIX ISSUE--
    Here is where I would rebuild the BCD file. It is however, a little involved and I would follow the steps carefully,
    How to Fix BOOT\BCD Error in Windows 10 - WORKS 100%!! - YouTube here is a guide, watch from 0:27. I would recommend a full backup if not already complete.
    -Hayden

Hayden93, Apr 5, 2018
  2. adamlake1 Win User

Earlier I was installing two new fans into my PC (custom built). Before this, it worked completely normally. After however, the PC wouldn't load further than the BIOS (the motherboard loading screen). Instead of opening windows where you would usually log in, winpeshl.exeopened.

So far I've loaded the windows USB tool and used the troubleshooting tools to attempt a fix. I can browse files on the hard drive which tells me that isn't the problem. Some of the tools like restoring windows don't work because it says that "To use system restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore". If I knew what this meant, that would be helpful.

Using the command prompt on the windows troubleshooting tool, it can detect the version of Windows on the C drive but can't detect it for the system restore?

Thanks for the help.

(I'm not sure how to interpret this, or what the faded out icons mean - Imgur)

:)

adamlake1, Apr 9, 2018
  3. IRAMORGAN Win User
    game

a game I had on windows 8 ran good , I upgraded to windows 10 now it won't run, I reinstalled it , it comes up when I hit run it goes back to main screen won't run game.

IRAMORGAN, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Turc182 Win User

Windows 10 won't run

Unable to play some games after upgrading to Windows 10, DirectX 9 is required

I upgraded to Windows 10, and it works great. However, I went to play some games, and they all won't run because they need the DirectX 9 driver to run. I went to redownload the driver from the Microsoft page, but it won't let me because I'm now Windows 10.
    How to I get to play me games if Windows 10 won't let me download the required drivers?

Turc

Turc182, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Hayden93 Win User
    Hello Adam
    When booting into your BIOS, turn off quick boot (if its on) then choose the boot device and direct it to where Windows is, it should fix your issue, write back to me if you still have troubles.
    -Hayden

Hayden93, Apr 9, 2018
  6. adamlake1 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I've turned quick boot off and tried booting from where windows is located. None of this worked.
    Any more help would be appreciated!

adamlake1, Apr 9, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    This sounds more like a corrupt bios issue. I would remove the CMOS battery, and wait about 10-15 minutes, put it back, then reboot pc. You should boot to bios and set date/time, and also set bios to boot from usb drive first., in case we need to try other things.

cereberus, Apr 9, 2018
  8. adamlake1 Win User

Windows 10 won't run

I removed the battery, waited for 15 minutes and put it back. This reset the date and time, but the original issue still exists.
    Thank you

adamlake1, Apr 9, 2018
  9. adamlake1 Win User
    I removed the battery, waited for 15 minutes and put it back. This reset the date and time, but the original issue still exists.
    Thank you

adamlake1, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't run

1. Windows 10 won't run - Similar Threads - won't run

2. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  3. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  4. I have a new PC running Windows 11 Professional but the software I need to use won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new PC running Windows 11 Professional but the software I need to use won't...: Hi I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro to replace a older one which the hard drive failed. The software I need to use doesn't operate correctly on Windows 11 but it worked perfectly well on Windows 10 Professional. How can I replace the Windows 11 with Windows 10.I have...
  5. I have a new PC running Windows 11 Professional but the software I need to use won't...

I have a new PC running Windows 11 Professional but the software I need to use won't...: Hi I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro to replace a older one which the hard drive failed. The software I need to use doesn't operate correctly on Windows 11 but it worked perfectly well on Windows 10 Professional. How can I replace the Windows 11 with Windows 10.I have...
  6. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.: I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on...
  7. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.: I received both a USB and DVD from the hospital. Both have my medical records on them. Instructions say to insert the usb into the computer and a file will run asking me for a password which I have. The problem is neither the usb or dv will run the executable - neither on...
  8. USB containing exe to open my medical records won't run.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Computer won't run after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't run after reboot: My computer is older but whenever I have to restart it like if the electricity goes out or I have to download an update it always takes hours to turn back on. This most recent time it rebooted at 4:00 the night before and it still won't turn on. My computer is running but...
  10. Computer won't run after reboot

Computer won't run after reboot: My computer is older but whenever I have to restart it like if the electricity goes out or I have to download an update it always takes hours to turn back on. This most recent time it rebooted at 4:00 the night before and it still won't turn on. My computer is running but...