Windows 10: Windows 10 won't set default email

Discus and support Windows 10 won't set default email in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 (17134.228) with Office 2016 (fully updated), on my new Lenovo Ideapad. The problem is that Windows doesn't set my default Email. So... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Operations, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 won't set default email

I use Windows 10 (17134.228) with Office 2016 (fully updated), on my new Lenovo Ideapad.

The problem is that Windows doesn't set my default Email. So when a program wants to use the default email client to send an email, i get the error:

There is no email program associated to perform this requested action. Please install a email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default program in Control Panel. (not an 100% exact, but you get what i mean)

I have tried to set the default email client multiple times, doesnt work. Reinstalling Office 2016 doesnt solve the problem.

I have used the search on this nice forum, but that only gives me very old relevant results. In which the solution was an update for Office 2016. But like i said very old, so the mentioned update is already installed.

I hope that someone is able to help me, it is pretty anoying.

:)

Operations, Aug 22, 2018
  2. JillXP Win User

email will not set as a default

I just got windows 10 and I can't get either of my 2 email accounts to set as the default. I am trying to get either Windows Mail or Windows Outlook to be my default but neither will work. I have gone to control panel, set defaults, but the only mail
    listed in the defaults list is Windows Mail. I have set it as the default but when I try to send a picture via email it tells me there is no default email account. (in the default list it shows Windows Mail as being the default mail) If I right click on
    a photo in My Pictures folder I can't use the feature there to send a photo with email either. I finally decided to open a Outlook account to see if that would work but it is not in the list of defaults to choose from. Help! I have tried for days to do
    this. The emails work good for mail but as I said, I can't send a photo.

JillXP, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 won't set default email

Can`t set a default browser in Windows 10

Hello, I`ve been having an issue with setting my default internet browser in Windows 10 for about a month now.

When Windows starts, it asks me to select a default browser, I select Google Chrome from the list and it goes away.

Nothing happens and under default programs there is still no default browser listed.

Then, when I open my browser I am prompted by Chrome to make it my default.

The same Windows prompt appears again and I select Chrome from the list.

However, even after these steps every time I click on a link, I am asked to select a default browser.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Stephen_57, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't set default email

1. Windows 10 won't set default email - Similar Threads - won't set default

2. set outlook as default email by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set outlook as default email by mistake: In settings i put outlook email as default by mistake. It says there is a wayto "reset" but I don't see it. I would like to remove it from this list. That's all.How do i do that please?I have attached a snip from where i want it removed. Thank you...
  3. Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default email set as MAIL, Microsoft are asleep!: selecting email in any app results in email program not found error, occasionally I see the windows live logo before the error message- I am presuming this is down to a wrong or missing DLL call in the registry and that the default has not set properly. I am not alone in...
  4. setting email default application

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting email default application: Using Windows 10 with Brother MFC-J680DW printer/scanner and cannot set default email application. I've tried multiple suggestions and google to no avail. I use a gmail account for email....
  5. Windows doesn't respect default email program setting

Windows doesn't respect default email program setting: I have a Surface Pro, it is fully updated. I have office 365, with Outlook installed. The default email program is set to the Windows 10 email client. It is not set to Outlook from Office. If I open folder with pictures in it with Windows Explorer. I right click on a...
  6. default email for windows 10 no default

default email for windows 10 no default: Windows 10 default e-mail client I cannot seem to get my default e-mail client straight. ". When I try to e-mail a document, I get the following message: "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an e-mail program or, if...
  7. Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail

Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail: In file explorer, right click on a file and select 'send to' and 'mail recipient'. The system responds that no email program ... etc. In settings, the default is set to mail, and various resolutions offered by this forum (over the last few years) have been tried without...
  8. AOL email as default with windows 10

AOL email as default with windows 10: I keep getting windows outlook as a choice for email . Can anyone tell me how to set AOL email as default email ????? [Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]...
  9. Windows won't set ANY default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows won't set ANY default browser: Pressing + will bring up the list but not set/keep the selection. 75048
  10. Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps defaulting to default settings?: I got a new laptop (Pavilion 17) and first time using windows 10. Problem 1 - I originally had to turn on scrolling for the click pad which was yesterday. Now today scrolling was turned off and I had to turn it back on again. Stopped using computer last night while it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change default app on win 10 17134