Windows 10: Windows 10 won't start after changes to Start-up.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't start after changes to Start-up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 3460, Intel-core i3, 8gb ram with 64-bit Windows 10. I made a big mistake editing some start-up features of Windows 10, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Riaan26, May 29, 2018.

1. Riaan26 Win User

Windows 10 won't start after changes to Start-up.

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude 3460, Intel-core i3, 8gb ram with 64-bit Windows 10.

I made a big mistake editing some start-up features of Windows 10, in order to make it run faster. Now, Windows 10 won't start.

On startup, it hangs forever, then a blue screen with Dell showing there's a problem, attempts to repair, to no avail. I choose the restore point option and it restores to a previous point, but when I restart, I get the same problem. There are other options to solve the problem, such as UEFI Firmware settings, Command Prompt etc. but I require some assistance to go into that.

I want to know if there is anything I can do to solve the problem, or do I have to re-install Windows 10. It is a store bought PC, I don't have the installation disc.

I did the following that caused the problem.:

1. System Configuration > Boot > changed timeout to 15 seconds
    2. System Configuration > Boot > Advanced options > ticked Maximum Memory box
    3. Disabled Fast-Boot: Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the Power Buttons do > I unticked the Turn On Fast Startup box
    4. Adjusted the Virtual Memory settings: Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Performance Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory > Change > I unticked Automatic Manage Paging File Size > I chose Custom Size and altered the Initial Size (1.5 x 8gb ram ) Maximum Size (3 x 8gb ram).

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Riaan26, May 29, 2018
  2. sershcher Win User

Windows Defender Won't Start Up

I have a problem with Windows Defender. It won't start up automatically when I launch my PC.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8. At that time I was using Kaspersky Antivirus. Now I have all antiviruses uninstalled, but Windows Defender is not even in the list of start up items in the task manager, so I cannot chose to enable it or disable
    it. I have the latest version of Windows 10, and all updates are installed.

I have followed all the steps in this post:

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

None of the troubleshooting offered helped. After I restart my PC, Windows Defender still won't launch automatically.

What shall I do?

sershcher, May 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 won't start up

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.

Let us try the following steps check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if the issue appears there as well. If it does not appear in safe mode with Networking place the computer in clean boot state
    to identify the culprit program running in the background creating this error.

Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

I suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option.

It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair.

You have to create an installation media for that.

You may download an ISO from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't start after changes to Start-up.

1. Windows 10 won't start after changes to Start-up. - Similar Threads - won't start changes

2. Windows won't start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't start up: HelloFew days ago I was getting a message on my desktop computer "USB current....." something and was "shutting down in 15 seconds to protect.......". After an online search it brought me to opening up the machine and cleaning it and then everything worked fine until...
  3. Windows won't start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't start up: HelloFew days ago I was getting a message on my desktop computer "USB current....." something and was "shutting down in 15 seconds to protect.......". After an online search it brought me to opening up the machine and cleaning it and then everything worked fine until...
  4. Windows won't start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start up picture won't change why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start up picture won't change why?: Start up picture won't change WHY I 've done all that listed/suggested https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-picture-wont-change-why/f1ad069d-59f5-4cf7-8019-7eeb0e61d938
  6. Start up picture won't change why?

Start up picture won't change why?: Start up picture won't change WHY I 've done all that listed/suggested https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-picture-wont-change-why/f1ad069d-59f5-4cf7-8019-7eeb0e61d938
  7. Start up picture won't change why?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Window won't start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window won't start up.: When I turn my desktop on it has a black screen with a bunch of letters and words that I don't understand. Then down towards the bottom it says "initializing USB controllers," then after a few seconds it says "done press F10 to enter set up." When I press F10 nothing happens,...
  9. Window won't start up.

Window won't start up.: When I turn my desktop on it has a black screen with a bunch of letters and words that I don't understand. Then down towards the bottom it says "initializing USB controllers," then after a few seconds it says "done press F10 to enter set up." When I press F10 nothing happens,...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu changes lost at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu changes lost at start up: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Home 1809, my Start Menu has reverted to standard pre-installed apps. I can add and remove items, but these changes are lost next time the PC boots....