Windows 10: Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

Discus and support Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10, how to change 'Wordpad' default save location from 'Documents'? (to Desktop). I have to manually select location each time, if not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maclow, Jul 5, 2018.

1. maclow Win User

Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

In Windows 10,

how to change 'Wordpad' default save location from 'Documents'?
    (to Desktop).

I have to manually select location each time, if not want saved in default 'Documents' folder.

Is the only file type that does this.

'Notepad' app works fine.

Thanks

:)

maclow, Jul 5, 2018
  2. maclow Win User

'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

In Windows 10,

how to change 'Wordpad' default save location from Documents?

(to Desktop).

I have to manually select location, if not want saved in default 'Documents' folder.

Is the only file type that does this.

maclow, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the default location is saved as OneDrive and we need to change it to local drive in default storage location.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on Systems.

3. Then click on Storage.

4. Under Save Locations, change the location as This PC
    under New Documents will save to option.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

1. Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location - Similar Threads - 'Wordpad' app change

2. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  3. Unable to install and change default app save location.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install and change default app save location.: Hi, I have an issue where I am unable to install games from the microsoft store on my D: drive. When I got to the store and install try to install a game I will select my D: drive and press install but nothing will happen.I then tried to change deafult install location of...
  4. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  5. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  6. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  7. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  8. Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved")

Windows 10 Changing App default save location ("Change where new contant is saved"): Hi all, So aside from Microsoft's support sucking and their support bot being as useless as a calculator for an chinese kid, I got the Xbox (Beta) app for PC for the Game Pass, I want to install games but for some dumb reason, you can't have your own custom...
  9. Back to Basics: How to change the default save location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Back to Basics: How to change the default save location in Windows 10: Continuing with our beginner friendly back to basics guides, this time we show you how to change default save locations in Windows 10. The operating system saves all documents, pictures, music etc to the drive Windows is installed on by default: this has always been the case...
  10. WORDPAD for Windows 10 setting AND SAVING as DEFAULTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    WORDPAD for Windows 10 setting AND SAVING as DEFAULTS: I really do not like the SPACING default of "1.15" and change it to 1.0. BUT despite wasting lots of time reading others opinion of how to CHANGE TO DEFAULT, has been a total waste of time. I CAN'T FIND A "SAVE AS DEFAULT of ANY CUSTOMIZATION I TRY TO DO. Question: IS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change wordpad default save location

2. introduction win 10 wordpad

3. how do i change yhe default save location in wordpad

4. save default path setting in wordpad,
  5. how to change windows 10 wordpad default path