Windows 10: Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites

Discus and support Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am a graphic designer, so I have to use helvetica, however, with windows 10 there is an issue. Some sites that use helvetica end up picking a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jwdesign, Aug 14, 2015.

1. jwdesign Win User

Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites

Hi, I am a graphic designer, so I have to use helvetica, however, with windows 10 there is an issue. Some sites that use helvetica end up picking a weird version of it. One of them being paypal, uses this awful Helvetica thin compressed.

There are other sites too. Some use a Helvetica heavy oblique. The weird thing is the website itself doesn't use that specific Helvetica font.

Anyways, it's a minor issue, but... I coudn't remove / delete these fonts these fonts. I tried to delete them and hide them but to no avail.

:)

jwdesign, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Loading Google font on Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Google font is designed for changing the fonts on your website. To properly assist you with your concern, we'd like to know if you're trying to change the default font of Windows 10 or are you a web designer trying to change the font of your website.

Looking forward to your response.

Julie Ram, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Strange graphic bugs on windows 10

Okay I've got the answer. For some reason all of my system fonts were deleted. Here's what to do:

1. Download the windows 10 system fonts from a website

2. Open your C drive, Windows, Fonts

3. Copy the fonts you downloaded into the fonts folder

IsaacRiches, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Einarry Win User

Hi, I have the exact same problem, it renders a number of websites almost unreadable. I tried to delete/deinstall Helevetica Light, but Win10 won't allow me. Some suggest you turn of DirecteWrite in Google, but it didn't solve it for me.

Einarry, Aug 16, 2015
  5. jwdesign Win User
    I eventually figured it out. I had to change the permissions on the font, and also enabled a hidden administrator account. Also, I had to type in C:\Windows\Fonts in the cortana instead of control panel.

I recommend downloading a font called swiss 721. It pretty much looks exactly like helvetica

jwdesign, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Wrong fonts on websites - Similar Threads - Wrong fonts websites

2. font on some website broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    font on some website broken: Hey Guys I have a problem with Windows 10 on browsers.On some websites, the text font is broken and unreadable.it doesn't have to do with Chrome extensions, I already tried incognito mode without extensionsIt also is not Chrome only maybe Chromium browser themself, I tried...
  3. Wrong font displayed for pages on website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong font displayed for pages on website: On usaco.org, the wrong font is displayed for all problem pages, such as http://www.usaco.org/index.php?page=viewproblem2&cpid=992. All other pages such as the home page are displayed fine. For example for the link above my computer displays:but I expect:ignore the green...
  4. Wrong font displayed for pages on website

Wrong font displayed for pages on website: On usaco.org, the wrong font is displayed for all problem pages, such as http://www.usaco.org/index.php?page=viewproblem2&cpid=992. All other pages such as the home page are displayed fine. For example for the link above my computer displays:but I expect:ignore the green...
  5. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  6. Font is showing wrong

Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  7. Wrong system font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong system font: Hi I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, but the system font is partially wrong. It is simply too bug in many places. I have already made sure that the font setting is at 100%. Here is an example from MSSQL SMS: [ATTACH] The last item "Properties" has the correct...
  8. The wrong font is displaying.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The wrong font is displaying.: Dear Microsoft & Users, I am experiencing this specifically on my Laptop, i've tried it on different computers, its working fine on others but not in mine. System Details :- Lenovo Z-51, Windows 10 [ATTACH]...
  9. wrong font

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong font: the font on my task bar is one I can't read, how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-font/7f72be38-b154-4569-a188-b5097717172a
  10. Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese fonts look wrong on windows 10: I recently got a new work PC and I've noticed a problem with the way Japanese fonts are rendering in web browsers. I've tried it in Chrome, Edge and Firefox and they all look the same. This is how they look on my windows 10 machine: [img] And this is how they look...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fonts wrong

2. different browersers picking up different fonts for a website

3. standard windows fonts suitable for websites

4. windows 10 some websites font,
  5. someting wrong with windows fonts,
  6. ebay site picking up wrong helvetica font