Windows 10: Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin

Discus and support Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft edge shows a different email how can I change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by goldie16965, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin

Microsoft edge shows a different email how can I change it

:)

goldie16965, Jul 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - wrong microsoft acct on admin account

Hi, kind of new to WIndows 10, hope this isn't a silly question.

When I bought my laptop, I created a single local admin account, not tied to my Microsoft account. Recently, I tried to add a Microsoft account for my son so he could do school work on my laptop, but I could monitor him. During the course of adding a new
    family user and entering his Microsoft account info, lo and behold, all of a sudden his name and email address are listed as the admin account and my local account is not listed on the account list.

But, when I click the Manage My Microsoft Account button (with his name and email address listed at top of page), it opens my Microsoft account view.

I have to log in to the laptop with his email and password.

Not sure what I did wrong, hopefully this is detailed enough for someone to help.

RichardR_920, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...crosoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , http://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/15/link-microsoft-account-windows-10-license/

Kursah, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin

1. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin - Similar Threads - Wrong Microsoft Account

2. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  3. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  4. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  5. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  6. How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account: I have a very weird scenario and the only thing I can think of is that Microsoft released an update which screwed this all up. Here's my scenario: I have two laptops that I causally use for specific tasks. One of them I just picked up, while the other I've had for a few...
  7. Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - My local admin account is wrongly linked to my son's microsoft account No...: Hi, I have windows 10 installed and used a local admin account. I recently add my son who's 10 years old on to my account. For some reason, now my local admin account is now associated with my son's microsoft account. So, all of my local files and the users folder is...
  8. Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account: Hi, I have a situation where I log on to my Laptop using the local account for the laptop but once logged in the account is linked to my child's Microsoft account. If I go to settings the info has the local username and under it my childs Microsoft account. Surely there is...
  9. admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

admin accounts (local or Microsoft?): Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it. Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account administrator as compared to an Microsoft account based logon to an admin account? The reason I ask is that I only have one log...
  10. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account: I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign In, and any other button that would bring up a dialog box is just unresponsive (Cortana, User Settings, ect.) I've created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong microsoft account linked to local admin

2. wrong account linked to windows 10

3. wrong account administrator windows 10

4. my email for my windows 10 administrator is wrong,
  5. i linked the wrong microsoft account to windows 10,
  6. administrator email wrong on windows 10 pc,
  7. windows 10 linked to wrong account,
  8. wrong microsoft account windows 10,
  9. wrong account admin on windows 10,
  10. windows 10 administrator email wrong,
  11. wrong email linked to microsoft account,