Windows 10: Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup

Discus and support Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Yes. Make a Macrium Reflect rescue USB/DVD/CD to boot from. I think it is under the Other Tools menu. If I don't have a USB available now, could I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ocman76, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Ocman76 Win User

Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup

If I don't have a USB available now, could I use a secondary computer to make one later? I understand it wouldn't have the same drivers, but I would be able to use it to restore from my drive image still, correct?

Ocman76, Oct 19, 2015
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

Should be able to. The Windows PE disc created by Macrium has most standard drivers included - I've only seen it complain about not having certain network adapter drivers.

NavyLCDR, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Ocman76 Win User
    Awesome! I will now consider this thread closed. Thanks for all the help guys!! *Biggrin

Ocman76, Oct 19, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    See if this helps. It's an older version of Macrium, but it still works the same. It is a demonstration of how it's done.

[youtube]tY0Dlf837Vw[/youtube]

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wrongly labels my secondary HDD as "System" in backup - Similar Threads - wrongly labels secondary

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. HDD label problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD label problem: Hello, [ATTACH] Nem vagyok biztos benne, hogy jó topic-ot választottam detalán tudja valaki a megoldást. A képen látható, hogy a D meghajtó előtt nem a Helyi lemez, hanem a Hiren's Boot CD lemez neve van és ehez egy másik ikon van társítva. A windovz telepítője nem indult...
  5. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  6. Clean Win10 Installation, Question: Auto Backup & Secondary HDD

Clean Win10 Installation, Question: Auto Backup & Secondary HDD: Hi Guys, a few questions which should be easy enough for you to awnser I hope! First of all I'm an everyday Linux user, I haven't used Windows much since Windows 7 was out! so I am a bit rusty with Windows 10 as such. I'm building a new PC for my Dad as he is still...
  7. My secondary HDD causes a bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My secondary HDD causes a bsod: Hi, so today when i turned on my pc it gave me the bsod CACHE_MANAGER and i looked it up and it said to unplug any secondary drives so i did and it booted. is there a way i can fix it so i can use my secondary drive? submitted by /u/SympleBoi [link] [comments]...
  8. Files from secondary HDD not backed up with Windows 10 file history backup

Files from secondary HDD not backed up with Windows 10 file history backup: hello community, ive been trying to resolve this issue for days now, without any luck. I am setting up a new external HDD for file history backup on windows 10. Everything seemed to work fine at the beginning. The backup started and ran over night. The next day i...
  9. how to label hdd in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to label hdd in windows 10: Hello, installed windows 10 on 2 machines, but when I look under networking they have stupid names, I want them to be called what I want, how do I change them, in old windows you named the drive while windows was loading, and you named your user, 24174
  10. How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I enable system protection on my secondary HDD?: I have disable system protection on my primary (C:\) which is an SSD. When trying to enable system protection on my 1TB HDD (E:\), the option is simply greyed out. I had hoped to save writes on my SSD to increase it's lifespan, and it appears to be recommended in...