Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, first post. Appreciate in advance the help. I found the DM Log Collector and have attached my files. I have been getting BSODs while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jkoz, May 21, 2017.

1. jkoz Win User

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10

Hi all, first post. Appreciate in advance the help. I found the DM Log Collector and have attached my files.

I have been getting BSODs while playing World of Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls online on my custom built PC. I did a fresh format and reinstall of a clean Windows 10 Pro x64 install. Installed drivers for my motherboard, video card and the bare minimum to get gaming and still getting these errors. The main BSOD message I receive is KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I'd like some help in how to tackle this issue as I'd like to rectify it. Thanks!

Attachment 136105

:)

2. SteveTrx Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install

I was told that a W10 license would probably have to be purchased. I was running W8.1 Pro x64 and performed the auto update to W10 Pro x64 and I ended up having to do a clean install.

SteveTrx, May 21, 2017
  3. 0xc000000f Eroor during upgrade to Win 10

I have tried to upgrade my HP Elitebook 2540p to Windows 10 Pro X64 from Windows 7 Pro x64, and after copying files and rebooting I get this error 0xc000000f. After that I cannot boot into win 10, win 7 or roll back, only option I have is to reinstall win
    7, any help is appreciated.

The thing is I can do a clean install of windows 10 from the usb and it works fine except for not being activated.

Earl Shinn, May 21, 2017
  4. Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10

There are many different bugchecks in the dumpfiles.

The cause for different error codes are usually hardware and lower level problems.

U should begin with:

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, May 21, 2017
  5. jkoz Win User
    Have 40 errors after 11 hours and only on pass 3. Should I let it conclude or is this enough info to determine RAM fault?

(Posting from my phone and I took a photo but every time I try to add an attachment it opens a new window in Safari (iPhone) and says I need to log in. I log in and it brings me to the main forum page,) Thanks for the replies!

6. If there are no Red errors u should run at least 8 passes. That could be 48 hours

BSODHunter, May 24, 2017
  7. jkoz Win User
    Ok. Yeah, half of the screen is red errors right now. Does that mean it's definitely the RAM, or could it be the motherboard or something else?

8. Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10

In extreme rare cases it could be slots or incompatible RAM. But its most likely defective RAM.

BSODHunter, May 24, 2017
  9. jkoz Win User
    This is the second set of RAM, I was getting a ton more blue screens when I initially built. I guess I'll try and get a third set and see if it does the same. I know the ram is compatible.

10. U could try to Test every RAM stick seperatly with memtest. In most cases its only one module from a set of two or four

BSODHunter, May 24, 2017
  11. jkoz Win User
    Good call, also could test them in the opposite slots to double-troubleshoot, in case it's the fault of the slots. Two sticks of 16GB memory.

12. Yeah, but I have to say I never saw a failing slot. In every case it was the RAM

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10

1. Windows 10 x64 Pro - Getting BSOD after clean format/reinstall of W10 - Similar Threads - x64 Pro Getting

2. Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio CD's Not Recognized, Even After a Clean Format & Reinstall: Hello, everyone. I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve, regarding playing audio cd's on my computer. I've researched the problem, but I still haven't been able to solve it, so I'm seeking help with it. I'm running the most current version of Windows 10 (21H1), on...
  3. Help to reinstall clean version of Windows 10 Pro x64 on current SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help to reinstall clean version of Windows 10 Pro x64 on current SSD: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...this_disk_the/ This is my post on Reddit fully explaining my situation along w/ some screenshots. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 169956
  4. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro

Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro: It's time for me to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop. I can do a total system backup, or even clone my active SSD to a spare HDD. The great majority of my files are located in OneDrive. If after backing up or cloning I do a clean reinstall on the SSD...
  5. Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10

Reinstall after clean reinstall of windows 10: i back up my windows 10 machine to a western digital hard drive. Will that reinstall all of my applications? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-after-clean-reinstall-of-windows-10/1ef582dd-62a0-4774-a637-173c9f32cc19
  6. W10 Pro x64 new install

W10 Pro x64 new install: Hello, Ive been running W7 on my desktop for the last 10 years and its been running quite flawlessly. Since W7 wont be supported by Jan 2020 I decided that it was time to upgrade to W10 (clean install with a legit license). It went quite smooth and Ive unplug the internet...
  7. Windows 10 Pro x64 BSOD [special]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro x64 BSOD [special]: So I am currently experimenting with XenServer and GPU Passthrough, that's why there is a [special] thingy So I am having this problem with my VM with GPU passthrough running on XenServer. The BSOD says something like: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(nvlddmkm.sys)...
  8. Random BSODs and freezes on W10 Pro x64

Random BSODs and freezes on W10 Pro x64: I have to write this AGAIN so I'll just shorten it: had W8, W7 twice and W10, all of them with BSODs and freezes. ZIP is here Attachment 53275 (2 months with Win 8, one year with the first w7 install and one year with the second, using w10 since day one) BSODs used to be...
  9. pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64

pneteth BSOD W10 Pro x64: For some reason PdaNet is causing a BSOD when the process crashes. When I go to end the process in Task Manager, it causes a BSOD. :/ 97602
  10. W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses

W10 Pro x64 1607 For businesses: Good Afternoon All, My company is looking at migrating to W10 from W7. I spent a lot of time on my workstation cleaning off the consumer oriented junk, and closing all the nefarious spyware/telemetry. I signed up for the W10 Enterprise edition trial and threw it in a VM,...