Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet)

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 32bit to 64bit and have noticed that my internet speed has dropped dramatically. After hours of trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yehdood, Nov 11, 2016.

1. yehdood Win User

Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet)

Hello guys, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 32bit to 64bit and have noticed that my internet speed has dropped dramatically. After hours of trying solutions online I could not seem to find out what the problem was. On 32bit my internet was fine downloading around 700kb/s but now it was dropped to 50-100kb/s, watching Youtube seems fine but streaming and downloading games is impossible. If you guys could give me some solutions it would be great thanks! *Smile

:)

yehdood, Nov 11, 2016
  2. JonSimon Win User

Internet Very Slow after Anniversary 1607 Updates

I thought I had an Internet problem too. I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday, Internet returned to it's usual speed . Anniversary update today, really slow Internet (Gig Ethernet connection).

JonSimon, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 SLOW Internet Speed over Wi-Fi

Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

From where did you install the drivers?

The problem might lies with your System Hardware or might be with the drivers. Suggest you to check installing the legacy drivers to see if they make any difference. I mean, install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 Wireless network drivers, instead Windows 10 drivers.

Also check the issue by connecting the Ethernet cable directly to your machine to see what it results. Do refer this article

Why is my Internet connection so slow?
    and see if it helps you. This article actually designed for Windows 7, however the same applies for Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 11, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try downloading and running the TCP Optimizer from SpeedGuide.net. These guys really know what they're doing, and if you decide to optimize your settings, just be sure to save the existing settings to a file first. Then if the software messes anything up (which, I hasten to add, it has never done on any of the dozen-plus PCs and laptops I've run it on) you can restore your previous settings with ease.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 x64 slow internet connection problem (Ethernet) - Similar Threads - x64 slow internet

2. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  3. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow ethernet connection: Hello, recently I kept downloading games but then I realized that my ethernet connection is slow, 500 kbps :scream: I tried changing my DNS, checking for any updates, clearing my cache via command prompt, and many more. I tried plugging in the ethernet cable into my laptop,...
  4. slow ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection: This started suddenly about a month ago. My PC is on an Ethernet connection to my router and my ISP is Xfinity. On wake from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to establish an Internet connection. My search for this problem found this issue happening three years ago to Xfinity...
  6. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection: This started suddenly about a month ago. My PC is on an Ethernet connection to my router and my ISP is Xfinity. On wake from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to establish an Internet connection. My search for this problem found this issue happening three years ago to Xfinity...
  7. Slow connecting to Internet on wake from sleep with ethernet connection

8. Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem: Hi, First, let me say I am using my wife's laptop computer to ask for help. System Info below is for my desktop computer, where my problem lies. The computer is a Dell XPS720 and I just re-installed Windows 10 for the 3rd time. I have 4 hard drives (2 SSD and 2 WD1tb...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...