Windows 10: Windows 10 Your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000185

Discus and support Windows 10 Your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000185 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use an Asus FX504 Laptop and yesterday when I was using my laptop it started lagging really bad and the screen froze. I pressed the power button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AirahZ, Aug 6, 2018.

1. AirahZ Win User

Windows 10 Your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000185

I use an Asus FX504 Laptop and yesterday when I was using my laptop it started lagging really bad and the screen froze. I pressed the power button and when I restarted my laptop today it loaded and had preparing automatic repair. after that an error with a blue screen showed and it said:

RECOVERY

Your PC can't start properly.

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc0000185

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press Enter to Try Again
    Press F8 for Startup Settings
    Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings

i thought it was just a minor error. so i pressed Enter to try again. and this time, it showed and said:

RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired

The Application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or
    contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\drivers/megasr.sys
    Error code: 0xc0000185

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

so, i repeated of pressing the Enter button, tried pressing F1 (went back to blue page) and F8 into safe mode and it did nothing. The error would reappear.

I tried creating an installation media (because i don't have any installation disks). followed the methods i found on this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10#d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec

Connected USB to my laptop but even after booting it using the UEFI firmware settings still didn't really make a difference. Not sure if I'm doing it right but I don't know what to do anymore. Please help!

:)

AirahZ, Aug 6, 2018

2. Error code: 0xc0000185

Error code 0xc0000185 can be caused by damaged or corrupted startup files or errors on the hard disk. Did the issue happen while updating your Windows 10 device?

Pressing Enter will instruct Windows to automatically fix the boot problem. Should the issue continue, you can use a Windows 10 installation media as stated in your screenshot. You can create one using the
    Media Creation Tool installed on a different machine.
    Arul_D provided steps on how to resolve
    Error code 0xc0000185 on his response from this
    thread.
    He also provided a link on how to create an installation media for Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Resolving error code 0xc0000185 in Windows 10.

Hi,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• When exactly do you receive the error message?
    • Is it through signing in or handing any application?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the thread below and check if it helps.

Error Code: 0xc0000185 and keyboard characters changed on upgrading to windows 10

Hope it helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Computer Boot configuration error Code: 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

The error code 0xc0000185 could indicate that there is a failure on the hard drive, hard drive controller or any other hardware that is associated with it.

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check out this link
    and follow Final Boss' answer to perform bootrec fix.

If the above suggestion did not work, the next best step that we can suggest is to contact your laptop manufacturer's support for further assistance regarding this issue, as this may indicate complete hardware failure.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000185 - Similar Threads - device needs repaired

2. Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f: so I tried fixing a startup issue and ended up deleting a disk volume which did this. F8 causes my screen to flash black and no other option really does anything. Please help...
  3. Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f: so I tried fixing a startup issue and ended up deleting a disk volume which did this. F8 causes my screen to flash black and no other option really does anything. Please help...
  4. WinHow to repair error code: 0xc0000185 windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinHow to repair error code: 0xc0000185 windows 10: My window 10 not working and showing error code: 0xc0000185 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winhow-to-repair-error-code-0xc0000185-windows-10/884c290f-a634-44e0-8141-5ff8f168fea5
  5. Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello, I have problem booting into my Windows 10 see below screenshot.Unfortunately, I don't have any installation media or the product key to create one digital license. Any suggestions?...
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello! I used the code format f: /fs:NTFS /p:1 to format my Drive F on my Fujitsu Windows 10 Laptop.I do this since no option in the Automatic Repair Tool is working including the Reset the PC. After I input the code above, I received a blue screen error code 0xc000000f.Then,...
  7. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f: Hello! I used the code format f: /fs:NTFS /p:1 to format my Drive F on my Fujitsu Windows 10 Laptop.I do this since no option in the Automatic Repair Tool is working including the Reset the PC. After I input the code above, I received a blue screen error code 0xc000000f.Then,...
  8. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. Error Code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Error using Windows 10 installation media - Error code: 0xc0000185, Your PC needs to be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error using Windows 10 installation media - Error code: 0xc0000185, Your PC needs to be...: Hi, I created a bootable dvd using the Windows 10 media creation tool. I'm trying to repair a failed system reset with the above DVD but when i try to boot from the DVD i get the following error Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired Z required device isn't...
  10. Recovery Device Needs To Be Repaired Error 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Device Needs To Be Repaired Error 0xc0000185: Lo que sucedió fue lo que me dijo cayo arriba el mouse en mi computadora portátil Dell y tuve que forzar reiniciar y ahora aparece un cartel que dice: El dispositivo de recuperación necesita ser reparado error 0xc0000185 Porfavor necesito ayuda...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery your pc couldnt start properly error code 0xc000185 new hardrive

2. your pc/device needs to be repaired 0xc0000185 windows 10

3. your pc is needs to be repaired windows10 0xc0000185