Windows 10: Windows 10 Message....Add root failed

Discus and support Windows 10 Message....Add root failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Message....Add root failed*Sad 16769 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billanderson44, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Message....Add root failed

Message....Add root failed*Sad

:)

billanderson44, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Message....Add root failed

Hello Bill, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Please provide more details about your issue. *Smile

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  5. I believe one time I was trying to open a file on my Nikon D80 in file explorer thourgh a USB connection and that message came up.

billanderson44, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sounds like it may have been a failure to connect to the camera. Were you eventually able to open it?

Brink, Aug 15, 2015
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Please use a more descriptive thread title next time.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Message....Add root failed

1. Windows 10 Message....Add root failed - Similar Threads - Message Add root

2. device driver for root\system\0004 ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 ROOT\SYSTEM\0003 in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device driver for root\system\0004 ROOT\SYSTEM\0002 ROOT\SYSTEM\0003 in windows 10: Id Hardware: root\ScpVBus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-driver-for-rootsystem0004-rootsystem0002/aa697ab2-0d3b-4a74-9583-578514033621
  3. windows 10 "system call failed Explorer.EXE" message.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 "system call failed Explorer.EXE" message.: Keep getting "system call failed Explorer.EXE" message. I cannot open game apps, the start menu, windows security app, not even the sound bar to adjust the output. Help please I am lost without my games and I do not like it that I cannot access windows update....
  4. Sharing root directory on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing root directory on Windows 10: I am having issue with sharing a root directory so we can run programs on one system. I have turn on File Sharing Network discovery Turn off password protected added a share for the root directory I can see the share but I cannot access it. the error is You Do not have...
  5. Robocopy WIndows 10 strange behavior. It will add the root to the path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Robocopy WIndows 10 strange behavior. It will add the root to the path: Hi Every, I tried to run robocopy on cmd with run as administrator. robocopy '\\server\M Drive\SQL Data\" "E:\SQL Data\" I got an error. The path c:\windows\system32\\\server\M Drive\SQL Data\" does not find on source and c:\windows\system32\E:\SQL Data\ does not find...
  6. Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro: Add PIN/Fingerprint fails: Hi, i got some new Dell's (Vostro with latest Win 10 Pro 1903 fully patched) and want to enable PIN & Fingerprint for the new users. All Users have Office 365 Pro Plus Emails. The Laptop is online, as i have installed all Updates and Chrome and Web Connection is working...
  7. Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Root Certificate error message before running Windows Updates: Hi guys, I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image. Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web...
  8. Windows 10 to "anniversary" update FAILS... no message... no clue

Windows 10 to "anniversary" update FAILS... no message... no clue: I finally managed to get my laptop running on Windows 10. All was fine, running build 10240 (RTM, Threshold 1). But then the Windows Upgrade assistant informed me that I'm on an outdated version of Windows 10 and that I should update. Apparently it is pretty massive, an...
  9. Another failed message

Another failed message: In windows update i have on 3 occasions over 2 days where it says upgrade failed. got me puzzled. i have all the updates 12358
  10. Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10: How to: Add Sign-in Message for Users in Windows 10 How to Add a Message at Sign-in for Users in Windows 10 In Windows, you can add a message that is displayed to users when the sign in. The message can have a title and text saying whatever you like. The message will...