Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Why are there so many preloaded apps on Windows 10 which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance. Surely there should be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BrianMilnes1, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Apps which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance

Why are there so many preloaded apps on Windows 10 which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance.

Surely there should be freedom of choice for anyone purchasing a computer.

:)

BrianMilnes1, Nov 17, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Apps which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance

Cannot remove a "Retired" drive in Windows 10 Storage Spaces

We just released a couple of new Storage Spaces features with the
    Windows 10 November update
    that should help deal with removing and adding drives:

• Optimize drive usage to make the best use of all of your drives after adding drives
    • Safely remove a drive from a pool by automatically moving data off the drive and onto other drives in the pool.
    To make use of these features you'll have to install the
    Windows 10 November update.
    Our latest Help content briefly covers the new Storage Spaces functionality:

Storage Spaces in Windows 10.

Cheers!

Jason Gerend - Senior Content Developer for Storage Spaces

Jason Gerend_MSFT, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Apps which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance

1. Windows 10 Apps which cannot be removed and which take up storage space? XBox for instance - Similar Threads - Apps cannot removed

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  4. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  5. Remove App which doesnt exist

Remove App which doesnt exist: Hi, I am pulling my hair out with this. When i go into "Settings" and select "Apps" I have a 40GB app listed as being installed on C Drive Starcraft II. The problem is that it doesn't actually exist on C Drive. The pathway which is listed doesn't exist even when I turn on...
  6. Is there a program that shows which folders take the most space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a program that shows which folders take the most space?: Hello. So I have 500GB SSD, and now I only have 68GB free, and I don't know why I have so little free, although I don't have too many programs installed. That's why I wanted to ask if there is a special software that shows which file is using the most disk space. Gibt es...
  7. Large files which are taking up disk space

Large files which are taking up disk space: Hi, Why is it that Windows is taking up 55GB+ of space which should not be taken up? These files aren't executable and didn't get notified that they were sitting there by windows. Also, can anyone recommend any apps that allow you delete files whilst ignoring the fact...
  8. Which app was removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which app was removed?: [ATTACH] Greetings, This morning I noticed that a tile is missing from Start. I don't remember what used to be there. I'm guessing Windows Update removed an app. Is it possible to find out which app was removed? I've had this problem before. Thanks, Shane....
  9. 'Other' files taking up storage space

'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...
  10. How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage: ​Hi, can someone say if there is any way to delete: 1 Microsoft.BioEnrollment 2 Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin 3 Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost 4 windows.immersivecontrolpanel 5 Microsoft.LockApp 6 Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge 7 Microsoft.PPIProjection 8...