Windows 10: Windows 10S driver download problem

Discus and support Windows 10S driver download problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to download a driver for a USB storage device (My Passport) but as I'm running Windows 10S, it appears that it's not possible. Am I doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BethCymru, Aug 8, 2018.

1. BethCymru Win User

Windows 10S driver download problem

I am trying to download a driver for a USB storage device (My Passport) but as I'm running Windows 10S, it appears that it's not possible. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

BethCymru, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10S driver download problem - Similar Threads - 10S driver download

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  4. How to download Firefox to Windows 10S

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to download Firefox to Windows 10S: I am trying to download Firefox and the download file shows both Firefox installer and setup sitting there, but when I try to open either a Microsoft page pops up regarding switching out of S mode with no further instruction about what to do next. Would someone please advise...
  5. Windows 10s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10s: I wanted to know if upgrading from Windows 10s to Windows 10 was free. I do not need Windows 10 Home, just Windows 10. This is because i need 3rd party apps. thanks : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10s/596dbaa9-cb0d-4a34-815f-71adc64c52ed
  6. Windows 10s

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10s: Just bought a new laptop. I try to install my antivirus software just McAfee that comes with BT and of course it won't work unless I turn safe mode off? Do I need this additional antivirus software, or is in unnecessary. Is Windows 10 in S mode enough? I've read conflicting...
  7. windows 10s

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10s: when ii bought this they said it had windows 10. it seems what I have is windows 10s. what is the difference? do I need to buy wooindows 10? how do I keep the lighted keyboard on? it goes off when I quit typing. and should I use a certain program to make all my programs...
  8. Windows 10S Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10S Printer Driver: Brother lists mu printer as compatible with 10s for printing. Says to connect to printer with USB cord. I have done this. A message shows on the screen that the printer is installed and ready to print. It will not print. On device manager, it is chosen as the default, but...
  9. windows 10S

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10S: is anyone using Windows 10S i use it on my Galaxy Book 2 and i'm trying to connect to a printer. i get told that it's not on the approved list for 10S. but when I try to find the approved list, I don't get anywhere. has anyone had any luck with 10S thank you!...
  10. Cant download Printer driver in Windows 10S so I cant print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant download Printer driver in Windows 10S so I cant print: As the heading says I cant print. I have a new Asus 14" Intel Celeron CEL N3000 using windows 10S. I have a Ricoh printer on my home network and there is no driver on the Microsoft store and I'm blocked from downloading the correct one, it wont even allow me to use the one on...