Windows 10: Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS

Discus and support Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently announced Windows 10 April 2018 Update with a lot of new features and improvements. The Nearby Share is one of the exciting features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 14, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS

Microsoft recently announced Windows 10 April 2018 Update with a lot of new features and improvements. The Nearby Share is one of the exciting features in Windows 10 April 2018 Update which appears to be part of Microsoft’s cross-platform strategy.

Nearby Share in Windows 10 allows users to send content such as web links, phones and files to other PCs powered by the latest version of the operating system. At the moment, the feature is only available on devices with Windows 10 April 2018 Update but Microsoft has announced that the Nearby Share would also become available on rival mobile platforms.

At the Build developer conference, Microsoft made it clear that the company is trying to bring its desktop platform in sync with Android and iOS devices. The Your Phone app is apparently the best example of Microsoft’s cross-platform strategy which aims to bring PCs and smartphones in sync.

It appears that the Nearby Share would become available for Android and iOS as well. It means that the Android and iOS users will be able to share the files and links to their Windows 10 PCs easily without any third-party applications.

Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS [​IMG]
    Image Courtesy: MSPoweruser.com

Android and iOS users will be able to send content to their Windows 10 devices over the Bluetooth connection. The process is quite simple, but it requires the devices in close proximity. The process is automatic and the interface of Nearby Share in Windows 10 is easy to operate. For example, a Windows PC could receive the content if the user authorizes the transfer on a prompt displayed in the lower right corner.

It’s not clear right how Nearby Share feature is going to work on iPhone as Apple sets a plethora of restrictions on iOS but sharing web links would be possible if the phone has Edge browser. It’s worth noting that Microsoft is willing to work with Apple to enable support for iMessage on Windows 10 and improve the integration between two platforms.

The Nearby Share feature could be implemented on Android phones via Microsoft Launcher and other apps.

Microsoft hasn’t revealed the ETA yet but more information could be announced in the coming months as the software giant clearly wants to bring Windows 10 in sync with Android and iPhone.

The post Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 14, 2018

2. winsows Phone problem!

Most of the features you are asking for is available in android and the way we see it, many of them may never come to windows phone.

So, if you are not cool with some of the limitations, you may wish to try either android or iOS.

Jay_answers, May 14, 2018
  3. when will games like temple run or subway surfer be available ??

Windows phone is a great platform and is the future of mobile devices. However , Compared to other platforms such as iOS and Android , it is a relatively new platform and it released when android and iOS were already firmly rooted. most
    developers aren't interested in how good a platform is , They are only interested in market share. Windows phone currently ranks third in market share after iOS and Android so most app do come to the platform , its just that they take some time and rarely
    get updates.

To Answer the OP's question , windows phone 8 supports easy porting from iOS , Microsoft has made it easier for iOS Devs to get their apps to WP8 but unfortunately, there is no such service for WP7 so devs don't like to take the extra effort :-(

Another point is that Unity support WP8 but not seven, so don't get your hopes up for temple run 2 either as it will also be a WP8 Exclusive.

Hope this helps!

Mrappbrain, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS

1. Windows 10’s Nearby Share feature is coming to Android and iOS - Similar Threads - 10’s Nearby Share

2. Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device: Hi,Whenever I try to share files from my Android Device to my Windows Pc using Nearby Sharing The pc and the mobile dose not detect each other but when I try to share files through my PC to my Laptop, they both detect each other. I'm on Windows 10 latest version and my...
  3. Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device: Hi,Whenever I try to share files from my Android Device to my Windows Pc using Nearby Sharing The pc and the mobile dose not detect each other but when I try to share files through my PC to my Laptop, they both detect each other. I'm on Windows 10 latest version and my...
  4. Nearby Share between Windows and Android

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby Share between Windows and Android: [ATTACH] Does Nearby Share actually work between PC and Android? submitted by /u/rock4us2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wahvfl/nearby_share_between_windows_and_android/
  5. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Share WIndows 10: I have been trying to share some files between my Android phone and my Win10 PC with no luck. In reading about it, it looks like it is not possible for two reasons. 1 Windows 10 and Android can't connect and use Nearby Share, I could use two windows 10 PCs but not my phone. 2...
  6. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby Share WIndows 10: I have been trying to share some files between my Android phone and my Win10 PC with no luck. In reading about it, it looks like it is not possible for two reasons. 1 Windows 10 and Android can't connect and use Nearby Share, I could use two windows 10 PCs but not my phone. 2...
  7. Nearby Share WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  9. Microsoft To Do application to bring List Sharing feature to Windows 10, iOS , Android, and...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To Do application to bring List Sharing feature to Windows 10, iOS , Android, and...: We have heard rumors earlier that Microsoft is working on a new “List Sharing” option which would be introduced in its To Do application for all platforms. Today the Redmond Giant in a blog post has confirmed that the To Do application will be getting the new List Sharing...
  10. OneDrive New Sharing and Collaboration Features to Mac, iOS & Android

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive New Sharing and Collaboration Features to Mac, iOS & Android: I get asked by users all the time, “Why should my company use cloud storage?” I always respond by saying that “cloud storage is great but, you need more than just storage and that’s where OneDrive comes in. OneDrive is all about enabling people to easily share and work...