Windows 10: Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...

Discus and support Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working at full speed to bring Spartan browser in a Technical Preview build of Windows 10, and according to company executives, the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 28, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...

Source

:)

labeeman, Jan 28, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 28, 2015
  3. susanconn Win User
    windows 10

I have one more question is the new browser in windows 10 Spartan or edge ..one microsoft agent said Spartan and the other said edge so im confused

susanconn, Jan 28, 2015
  4. Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...

Source I also hope the text highlighted in red does not mean that you will have to log in to your M$ Account to be able to use certain features of the Sparten browser.

IownAmoneyPit, Jan 28, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    I think it means that you will not see it on Android or other platforms.

labeeman, Jan 28, 2015
  6. I think it means that you will not see it on Android or other platforms. Yep. Article title:
    Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7, Mac or Linux

It's a little confusing to word it as "those who are not Microsoft customers won't get it on their devices." because a) you can be a microsoft customer and STILL not get Spartan on your iPhone and b) Not since 2003 did Microsoft have their browser on a different OS, so it's kind of odd to expect that to be an option.

FuturDreamz, Jan 28, 2015
  7. I tried it on my own I.E. in Windows 10 this morning and honestly, it's not faster than my Firefox, tuned for optimum performance.

Oh well, another MS disappointment. I'll file that one along with Windows ME.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jan 28, 2015
  8. Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...

*slow blink*

There are many things that are off about that statement. I'll begin by first noting that Spartan is NOT currently available except internally at Microsoft and hasn't even been leaked yet.

FuturDreamz, Jan 28, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    Yet another wonderful piece of what passes for "journalism" from Softpedia... those guys are complete idiots.

As if it's news that the new Modern Application browser (which requires WinRT) won't be available for Windows 7 (or any other OS without WinRT). What's next, breaking news that Continuum won't be available for Windows 7 either? Oh wait, let me guess... Breaking news, Windows 10 won't run on XP *Rolleyes

I really wish you guys would stop reposting this garbage. Softpedia is a horrible "news" source. They never "break" any news, and they always get it either wrong, or twist it out of proportion. Or they sensationalize common knowledge.

Mystere, Jan 28, 2015
  10. I guess Cortana would need it.

I take it as a try for a joke, because I hope you are not serious...*Wink

Olivir2014, Jan 28, 2015
  11. ARC1020 Win User
    ARC1020, Jan 28, 2015
  12. Actually win-7 was never supposed to get ie10 or 11 but as we have all seen Microsoft often changes it's mind *Wink

I believe the only difference in Spartan will be Cortana will be added on the top of it so those with microphones will be able to access Cortana and those that don't can with I suppose Ctrl+F or Ctrl+S ?

ThrashZone, Jan 28, 2015
  13. cognus Win User

please IE teams: make the address line scalable!!!
    please IE team, giving me ways to block/toggle resource-hogging media/etc content!!
    please IE team, give me a way to toggle REAL privacy/security!

the shame of it here is that latest iterations of IE are actually quite fast and efficient except for the above nuisances!

does anyone use Bing???? hated. Bing Desktop is downright dangerous.... reco remove from everything I see

cognus, Jan 28, 2015
  14. Indianatone, Jan 28, 2015
  15. I think not. According to my knowledge, IE spartan will be released for Windows 10 only. Maybe after a long time they may release IE spartan for Android.

Fahadking07, Jan 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7... - Similar Threads - 10's Spartan Browser

2. WINDOWS 7 V/S WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 7 V/S WINDOWS 10: I WAS JUST USING WINDOWS 7 FROM A LONG TIME. AFTER SOME TIME A MESSAGE STARTED COMMING ON MY DESKTOP THAT WINDOWS 7 IN OUT OF SUPPORT I AM USING WINDOWS 7 FROM MY CHILDHOOD AND I LIKE IT MORE I WAS TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 IN THAT BUT DUE TO SYSTEM FAILURE I WAS UNABLE SO...
  3. No Start Tile for Spartan Browser Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    No Start Tile for Spartan Browser Build 10074: There is no tile for Spartan in the Start menu and the All app list shows two blank tiles under the symbol & at the beginning of the list. [img] 5739
  4. Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex: Microsoft hasn't quite made it official, but a Microsoft executive recently came the closest yet to confirming that Project Spartan—the primary browser in Windows 10—will not be named Internet Explorer. During Microsoft’s Convergence conference in Atlanta on Monday,...
  5. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10: Today I’m excited to share more details about “Project Spartan,” the new browser we are introducing in Windows 10. Project Spartan will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Project Spartan is designed to work...
  6. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan: Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by which it is referring to it during its development. This browser will come with Windows 10 and will feature deep integration...
  7. Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser: Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser March 18, 2015 03:00 pm Microsoft is releasing a new preview version of Windows 10 today, days after a build leaked to the web and nearly two months since the company’s last public update. Microsoft’s big...
  8. Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release: At Mobile World Congress, a Microsoft executive said that in the next release of Windows 10 to Insiders, Spartan would be part of the build. But with today's release of 10041, Spartan is not part of the package. We got a chance to chat with Gabe Aul, ahead of today's...
  9. Spartan Browser To Get Extensions Confirmed

in Windows 10 News
    Spartan Browser To Get Extensions Confirmed: Microsoft's new browser for Windows 10, codenamed "Spartan," will be getting extensions, company officials confirmed during a Twitter chat on January 27. In an #AskIE chat on Twitter, IE team members confirmed what had been rumored: Extensions are coming to IE. Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft Spartan: One browser for all Windows 10 versions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Spartan: One browser for all Windows 10 versions: As we previously reported, Spartan is a Windows Store application, and we can confirm that it will be replacing the current Modern version of IE that is included in Windows 8.1. Spartan will support Flash as well; this was a common question we received and can confirm that...