Windows 10: Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex

Discus and support Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Microsoft hasn't quite made it official, but a Microsoft executive recently came the closest yet to confirming that Project Spartan—the primary browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Borg 386, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex

Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Explorer name | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Mar 16, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 16, 2015
  3. About Windows 10 Free Upgrade.

Dear Sir, I am using Windows 10 technical preview 32bit and want to know that can I get free upgrade directly from Technical preview or I needed to install Win 7 or 8.1 first before I can get upgrade. And can I download a free original copy of Windows 10
    separately or not and if not can I get a original product key of windows 10 for free and save it for future clean installation.

And I have installed Win 10 technical preview in my PC but I cant see Project Spartan browser, it shows me Internet explorer. I want to use project Spartan browser. How to get that

Thank You

MurlidharBhardwaj, Mar 16, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I thought that was the goal from the start. MS wanted to cut all ties to IE due to it's poor reputation.

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Although I think that a total cut in all ties to IE is not what's gonna happen, I do believe that the concept of Spartan is really innovative and interesting. Just wondering when I'll be able to try it out !

Where's my new BUILD M$ ?

*Eek

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 16, 2015
  6. Kesto Win User
    Yup I hope they fix the poor extension support, lack of updates and low compatibility for me to switch over.

Kesto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10's speedy new Project Spartan browser will ditch Internet Ex - Similar Threads - 10's speedy Project

2. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  3. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  4. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  5. Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.: With Project Spartan, Microsoft is building a new, modern browser for all Windows 10 devices: PCs, tablets and phones. Although the new rendering engine (Edge) has been forked from the one in Internet Explorer 11 (Trident), it has rapidly diverged from it, and now works well...
  6. Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10's Spartan Browser Not Planned for Windows 7...: Microsoft is working at full speed to bring Spartan browser in a Technical Preview build of Windows 10, and according to company executives, the app should be released to insiders in the coming months. Even though a full demo of the app in action was showcased at the...
  7. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10: Today I’m excited to share more details about “Project Spartan,” the new browser we are introducing in Windows 10. Project Spartan will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Project Spartan is designed to work...
  8. Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's next gen 'Project Spartan' web browser: A new web browser called Project Spartan has been introduced in Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10049. It's still not finished, but Windows Insider members can start playing with it to leave some feedback. Microsoft reminds us that this preview is not a polished,...
  9. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan: Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by which it is referring to it during its development. This browser will come with Windows 10 and will feature deep integration...
  10. Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release: At Mobile World Congress, a Microsoft executive said that in the next release of Windows 10 to Insiders, Spartan would be part of the build. But with today's release of 10041, Spartan is not part of the package. We got a chance to chat with Gabe Aul, ahead of today's...