Windows 10: Windows 10x64 1709 Microsoft Accounts Hacked, SecErrors, UAC Errors,

Discus and support Windows 10x64 1709 Microsoft Accounts Hacked, SecErrors, UAC Errors, in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I no longer have my Microsoft "Key"? Windows 10x64 1709 This has been 1-2 months of pain. 8 hours on the phone with Microsoft today. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Windows 10x64 1709 Microsoft Accounts Hacked, SecErrors, UAC Errors,

I no longer have my Microsoft "Key"?
    Windows 10x64 1709
    This has been 1-2 months of pain. 8 hours on the phone with Microsoft today. I would like to reinstall Windows 10 by using as few existing files as possible. I want to do a fresh install. I absolutely was compromised. If someone is willing, I would like to format C: first. I do not want a windows.old folder or any previously existing folders/data to be "resaved". Out of all the options what is the best 'clean'/fresh option? What is the best method. Even if it is typically unnecessary, I want it done. Can you also assist me with a format? I upgraded from Win 8 so I do not have a Win 10 CD, nor do I have my key. I realize this might be a problem but any suggestions to make this a 'fresher' install than typically will be the best Christmas ever for me. Thanks *Smile

:)

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017

2. "The Extended Attributes are Inconsistent" After Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update

I'm glad to have remembered that UAC settings screen, & glad it provides a choice in the matter.

Non-administrator accounts apparently have somewhat different UAC settings. I think the only difference between your top & 2nd settings is the
    dimming of the desktop. The conditions for the UAC warning are the same, if it's like what I see in my administrator account.

You'll have to decide whether you want copy/paste or a dim desktop. I tried BINGing it, but still can only guess the real difference between dim & not dim. The computer looks more secure dimmed, but malware will still have to know the password to paste it
    in - if that's what dimming is meant to prevent.

I would still post a complaint to the Feedback Hub. If copy/paste is meant to be disallowed when the desktop is dimmed, it should say so or say nothing - instead of spitting out an error message.

Since you were able to copy/paste before v.1709 & probably were at the top (default) setting - I guess it is...

(a) A flaw introduced by v.1709. That is, copy/paste is nothing to fear at the UAC.

(b) An improvement to security by v.1709 - but partially botched by the error message.

PCR Just PCR, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Mewism Win User
    MSIexec.exe error

I get the same problem in Windows 10 1709 x64 using the domain administrator (UAC disabled).

This doesn't happen with local admins or domain users (UAC enabled).

The problem only happens if I use System Settings to run an MSI based uninstallers. EXE 'legacy' uninstallers work fine.

I can fix the problem by enabling UAC for the domain administrator.

So the first question is... have you enabled or disabled UAC? I suspect it'll have something to do with that.

I suspect the fix is...

Control Panel > Security and maintenance > Change User Account Control settings > Enable UAC (choose your setting)

Mewism, Nov 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, activation should be automatic if you had Win 10 installed and activated previously. No key needed.

Assuming your PC is unbootable - or you don't wish to boot it- and you don't wish to retrieve any data:

Download Kyhi's boot disk from the top of the Software and Apps section here, create a bootable disk, boot your PC using that and format any drives you wish.

To clean install:
    1. Download a Win 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    2. Create a bootable disk: (or you could burn a DVD if you have a DVD drive)
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10
    3. How to do a clean install:
    Clean Install Windows 10

Please feel free to search the extensive tutorials:
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Tutorials

Hope that helps.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  5. vram Win User
    Once you’ve booted off the windows disc and started installation, make sure to pick custom install. You can delete your partitions at the beginning of the installation. When it shows you the partitions, just delete all of them until they’re gone and click next.

When the installer prompts you for a key, select “I don’t have a key” and proceed. It’ll auto-activate after installation.

Consider adding 2 factor authentication to your MS account after you’re back in business:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

6. Tonys317 Win User
    Thank you for the prompt and to the point reply. WOW! *Smile

From the "tools" section, follow this to reformat:Format Disk or Drive in Windows 10

I do not understand Khyi's tool. I am going to try to spend an hour reading. Worst case which is 100% acceptable at present. Buy a new HD & copy of windows 10. But, I doubt I need to do this. If I can not understand Khyi's tool could I do "1)" below?

3 weeks ago I simply used the Media Creation tool to re-install, I believe. 1) Can I use this tool, (pause), reformat and finish reinstall using this method? After 30-60 days of fail too much "junk"/ many unknown user accounts & 'errors' (not related to HD health) are present on C:. I have it in my mind I just want to reformat before a new install this time. It really seemed like last time after just doing the MCT (Media Tool) reinstall, 'things' somehow survived.

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017
  7. vram Win User
    You don’t need Khyi’s Tools to reformat/install Windows. You only need Windows disc or flash drive.

You’re introducing needless complication by using them in this situation. Khyi’s tools are for data recovery and repair. You’re wanting to nuke/pave your PC.

8. Tonys317 Win User

Thank you, I have 2 step now. All PWs will be changed (one final time) and it will be reinstalled. That was awhile with Microsoft, we had issues getting 2 step on. Factory reset (as if selling it on Ebay/Amazon) on mobile device will also be done.

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017
  9. vram Win User
    Did Microsoft charge you for their help? Curious.

10. Tonys317 Win User
    Yes, kill it with fire (not a magnet though). Magnets will be used in 1-2 weeks if this fails. So custom and I will be prompted
    (shown partitions) in a dialogue box? Typically the 4-5x I've done this over the years I left them. This time DEL.

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017
  11. Tonys317 Win User
    It was my first call, they cut me slack they said. I was politely mad & probably vocally 'concerned'/WTH scared. I used the holiday in the US to my advantage. "I got hacked on a holiday - help". I genuinely felt/still feel robbed. I'd sooner be held up at gun point, at least I see you. I have a good story now though & will survive. MS told next time is $100. Their fixes were "cookie cutter TechNet fixes" This is more serious.. So, I am done - kill it all. If I can not have C: no one gets what is on C:. I am a typical clueless home/business user. No one special, why hack me. Rather than "why ask why". I will start over and rebuild. Ty

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    Thank you for your criticism.
    Just depends on whether Tonys317 wants the additional security of having formatted the disk before starting any installation procedure. Booting his PC from any boot disk offers that possibility.

Yes, it is optional, provided the correct installation procedure is followed and correct use made of the Win10 installation disk.

dalchina, Nov 23, 2017
  13. Tonys317 Win User

I absolutely do, that would be the perfect scenario. When I remodel my home, I just tear down the wall with a hammer. then look inside *Smile I am not sure I understand the Kyi' method. Use their tool, make a boot disk off that, reformat, reinstall? Will Ky tool give me partition deletion (format) prompts? Then update add 2 step or whatever I choose?

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017
  14. Tonys317 Win User
    What is confusing me. Kyi tool allows me to reboot without accessing anything on the troubled CPU it sounds (love it). But.... Do I ignore steps 1,2 & 3 with Kyi tool?

Ty Kyhi

Tonys317, Nov 23, 2017
  15. AddRAM Win User
    Do it the safest way you think possible, no data is truly ever erased off a disk, it just gets written over. That would take drills, hammers and a 100 ft of salt water *Smile for 6 months to truly erase any data.

If you really want it done right, use Diskpart and run the Clean All command, this of course will take a very long time depending on the size of the disk.

AddRAM, Nov 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10x64 1709 Microsoft Accounts Hacked, SecErrors, UAC Errors, - Similar Threads - 10x64 1709 Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account was hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account was hacked: On January 1st my Microsoft account was hacked. The hacker changed my email, alias email, password and removed my security details.I have gone through support numerous times and have only managed to get the account suspended. I recently went on a live chat and explained my...
  3. Hacked Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked Microsoft Account: My wife's Microsoft account was hacked through our daughter's use of MineCraft. Our daughter unknowingly provided a code to a hacker and then the hacker added their email to the account and removed our email address to the account which was my wife's email address. I/we have...
  4. Microsoft Account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked. The hacker made a purchase on the account. I have since had the charge removed. But I am unable to get my account back. I go through the recommended process to change password and upgrade security except the security part gives a...
  5. Microsoft Account hacked

Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked. The hacker made a purchase on the account. I have since had the charge removed. But I am unable to get my account back. I go through the recommended process to change password and upgrade security except the security part gives a...
  6. Microsoft Account hacked

Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked and the email changed to a rambler address. I keep trying the account recovery form, but to no avail. As a precautionery measure I made sure 2FA was set up on all my other accounts including paypal. But....what I hadn't realised was that...
  7. Microsoft account hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account hacked: I recently got a new computer and when signing in with my Microsoft account it worked just fine. Yesterday I tried using launching Minecraft and it asked for my Microsoft login like normal and I put it in email and it said that no account existed under this email. I kept...
  8. Microsoft Account Hacked

Microsoft Account Hacked: Hello and Happy Holidays all -My original Administrator Microsoft Account was hacked. Although I completed the required Form to reinstate my Account, the response from Microsoft indicated that I did not provide enough information to reinstate it. This is puzzling. Since the...
  9. microsoft account hacked

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft account hacked: On the 27th of july my microsoft account had been hacked, my email address changed, an app authenticator added and a purchase had been made with my credit card. Since that day I´ve talked with MS support and got my money back, got a new credit card, new account. MS support...
  10. No automatic login Windows 10x64 1709

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No automatic login Windows 10x64 1709: See here for a workaround: Switching user at startup. - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums