Windows 10: Windows 11 blocks all communications

Discus and support Windows 11 blocks all communications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since yesterday all websites "unexpectedly closed connection", I can not open any web site in any browser and my trading software is not connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GreyTemples, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Windows 11 blocks all communications

Since yesterday all websites "unexpectedly closed connection", I can not open any web site in any browser and my trading software is not connecting Ninja Trader and Interactive Brokers Trading Station.Windows 11 insider program on the other PC this one here which I use for this has an operating system, called Windows 10; I had a security update MS Defender KB 2267602 vers 1.401.1618.0 and I was not actively doing work on that pc but I heard my trading programs "connection lost" messages and I can not open any web pages; I don't know how soon after this update the problems started or at wh

:)

GreyTemples, Dec 5, 2023

2. Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication

Hello there!

Seems like I'm missing some important change of Windows 11 Firewall.

We have an application that consists of 2 parts: windows application (APP) and audio processing object (APO). They communicate between each other through gRPC client-server model on localhost - works like a charm on Windows 8 and 10.
    However on Windows 11, APO port (127.0.0.1:10000) is "FILTERED" by the firewall. APO part cannot connect to APP (127.0.0.1:20000), and APP cannot connect to APO (connection failed, deadline exceeded, etc.).
    It only became apparent after I switched to Port Query tool, because netstat was showing this port as "LISTENING".

I've tried:

• enabling Firewall logging and confirming that connection is dropped (but why?)
    • adding inbound/outbound rules for this port, adding our app and AudioDG.exe (which loads our APO) to the exception list - no luck.
    • turning firewall off for all profiles via Windows settings - same result.
    But if I disable firewall the hard way (through mpssvc's "START" registry key value) - everything starts working again, port is open and "LISTENING".

Am I missing something obvious or there are new security rules that have to be applied to APO dll on Windows 11? Is there any way to create an exception for our APO?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
    By doing additional WFP logging, it turned out that there's a blocking filter:
    ID = 79647
    Name = "WSH Default Inbound Block"
    Description = "Blocks all inbound traffic for services who have been network hardened".

It seems like this rule overrides any inbound allowing rule I create.
    How can one make an exception from this filter?

Dmitry__Zhukov, Dec 5, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 blocks all communications

1. Windows 11 blocks all communications - Similar Threads - blocks communications

2. Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming block policy also blocks notifications settings access: Hello, my organization blocks access to Gaming mode on our Windows 11 corporate owned machines. We have recently discovered that it is likely also blocking user access to Notifications Settings. They can click on the button, but nothing happens. Found the following article:...
  3. How to permanently block a program from communicating with the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently block a program from communicating with the internet: Hello! I have an OLD version of a 3D modeling software that I want to completely block from having any sort of internet access. I have set up the firewall inbound and outbound rules for this software multiple times, but somehow it still finds a way to get through even though...
  4. How to permanently block a program from communicating with the internet

How to permanently block a program from communicating with the internet: Hello! I have an OLD version of a 3D modeling software that I want to completely block from having any sort of internet access. I have set up the firewall inbound and outbound rules for this software multiple times, but somehow it still finds a way to get through even though...
  5. How to permanently block a program from communicating with the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 11 blocks all communications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocks all communications: Since yesterday all websites "unexpectedly closed connection", I can not open any web site in any browser and my trading software is not connecting Ninja Trader and Interactive Brokers Trading Station.Windows 11 insider program on the other PC this one here which I use for...
  7. Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication: Hello there!Seems like I'm missing some important change of Windows 11 Firewall.We have an application that consists of 2 parts: windows application APP and audio processing object APO. They communicate between each other through gRPC client-server model on localhost - works...
  8. Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication

Windows 11 Firewall blocks APO communication: Hello there!Seems like I'm missing some important change of Windows 11 Firewall.We have an application that consists of 2 parts: windows application APP and audio processing object APO. They communicate between each other through gRPC client-server model on localhost - works...
  9. blocked lxducoms.exe & lxduwbgw.exe files that are preventing PC communicating with printer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked lxducoms.exe & lxduwbgw.exe files that are preventing PC communicating with printer?: How do I clear blocked lxducoms.exe & lxduwbgw.exe files that are preventing PC communicating with printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-lxducomsexe-lxduwbgwexe-files-that-are/472a6679-9375-4257-ba43-42cf937f8d64
  10. how to block programs from communicating with the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to block programs from communicating with the internet: Windows 10 user here and firewall novice. I have some of programs I want to block from communicating with the internet: First is Wacom software, after reading this, which strongly suggests Wacom is collecting and selling your data. I assume my Logitech gaming hub (software...