Windows 10: Windows 11 Explorer.exe Not Responding

Discus and support Windows 11 Explorer.exe Not Responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello so when I boot up my computer and login when is logged in the Explorer.exe is not responding its still crashing. So I restarted my computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Olivier Alice Roman, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Explorer.exe Not Responding

Hello so when I boot up my computer and login when is logged in the Explorer.exe is not responding its still crashing. So I restarted my computer and login and again, The Explorer.exe is not responding So Please Help

:)

Olivier Alice Roman, Dec 6, 2023
  2. kd833 Win User

Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Internet Explorer 11 not responding - Windows 10

Hi Kat,

Corrupted Internet Explorer settings are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend removing Internet Explorer form the Windows 10, then add it again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane.
    • Clear the Internet Explorer 11 option.
    • Click OK, then Yes to confirm.
    • Click Restart now to remove the web browser.
    • To re-add Internet Explorer, repeat steps 1 to 3.
    • Select Internet Explorer 11 option.
    • Click OK, then Yes to confirm.
    • Click Restart now.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Explorer.exe Not Responding

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Explorer.exe Not Responding

1. Windows 11 Explorer.exe Not Responding - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Responding

2. Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11: Hi, I have had an ongoing issue with my windows explorer not responding. Every time I open file explorer it freezes and I am unable to navigate through my folders to reach any files. I then need to end the task with task manager in order to close the window again. I have...
  3. Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11: Hi, I have had an ongoing issue with my windows explorer not responding. Every time I open file explorer it freezes and I am unable to navigate through my folders to reach any files. I then need to end the task with task manager in order to close the window again. I have...
  4. Windows Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not responding: Hello friends, Every time I Start My PC and try to open my external desktop hard disk folder, Windows Explorer does not respond and I have to restart or close it from the task manager. this problem started when I update my PC from Windows 10 to 11 and after that, I don't like...
  5. Windows Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer not responding: Hello friends, Every time I Start My PC and try to open my external desktop hard disk folder, Windows Explorer does not respond and I have to restart or close it from the task manager. this problem started when I update my PC from Windows 10 to 11 and after that, I don't like...
  6. WIndows explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows explorer not responding: When I boot up my laptop in the morning, and I open "This PC" for the first time and click on search, it doesn't show up any recent search list and, also search doesn't work. But, I can open any disk and files for that time. And, then whenever, I click on close button of...
  7. Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding: Tried as administrator, to run this but the "Progress" is stuck at 0%. Tried creating an iso instead of USB stick but same problem. Is there a solution please?...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11.: Windows 10, IE 11...desktop on a good WiFi connection. Since the Anniversary Windows update IE 11 is now plagued with 'Not Responding' reports on all websites/forums. Sometimes a click of the back button restores things and sometimes I have to come off the internet and...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...