Windows 10: Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

Discus and support Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nicolas Zarco, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in dark modeI had to resort to using that one joke file manager app that microsoft ported from windows 3.11, because i cant get anything done when i cant read the text.I tried changing themes, Using SFC /scannow, using high contrast, turning off and on my pc, and downgrading it back to 22h2, but to no avail. Things to note1. Since i prefer the windows 10 explorer and start menu to the windows 11 ones, i used ExplorerTweaker, Which has not given

:)

Nicolas Zarco, Dec 2, 2023

2. Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11

I have dark mode enabled for my windows 11 pc. There are no updates available. Every application is in dark theme and task manager still runs in light theme. I would like my task manager to be in dark mode too. How can I do this? I've already tried every suggestion on this website and online form I've seen. They all say just set the windows theme to dark and it's automatic.

Matthew Paul Frederic (mpfrdric), Dec 2, 2023
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 2, 2023
  4. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is when applications won't work in the way they should. In order to get clarity on the issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions
    below.

1. Which build version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. What is the KB number of the update that was applied on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of your PC?

I would suggest you to take a screen shot of the File Explorer with the highlighted file and the information about the file in 'Dark Mode’.
    To do that, refer the article posted by

Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene [MVP
    ] for steps to include a screenshot in your post.

Note: Please do not capture any personal information while including a screen shot in the post.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

1. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode - Similar Threads - has issues explorer

2. Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has issues with explorer handling dark mode: Hello! My copy of windows 11 has an issue when it comes to dark mode. After updating windows 11 to 23h2, it displays text in black, while also being in dark modeI had to resort to using that one joke file manager app that microsoft ported from windows 3.11, because i cant get...
  3. File explorer in dark mode not fully dark in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer in dark mode not fully dark in win 11: I cant remove the white line in file explorer. cant someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-dark-mode-not-fully-dark-in-win/a4afc667-b0fe-47da-92be-d5558bcf10b4
  4. File explorer in dark mode not fully dark in win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer in dark mode not fully dark in win 11: I cant remove the white line in file explorer. cant someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-dark-mode-not-fully-dark-in-win/a4afc667-b0fe-47da-92be-d5558bcf10b4
  5. Dark mode in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  6. Dark Mode Issue with File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode Issue with File Explorer: Hello! I have been using dark mode on my company laptop for a while. The other day I was forced to restart with an update. When the updates were complete, my file explorer looks like this: https://imgur.com/rF5gipP I have tried going to Settings -> and updates and...
  7. The Windows Explorer Dark Mode Experience

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Explorer Dark Mode Experience: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueGoliath [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g23w1j/the_windows_explorer_dark_mode_experience/
  8. dark mode for file explorer

dark mode for file explorer: Can anyone tell me how to enable dark mode in file explorer. I have turned my theme setting to dark but it doesn't affects the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-for-file-explorer/bbce1d4b-d204-4418-9ee3-d57312999611
  9. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...
  10. File Explorer Dark Mode

File Explorer Dark Mode: So i was trying to change my Pc theme to dark mode. but when i activated Dark mode my "Windows Setting" changed to black but my "File Explorer" won't. Am i missing something or it just exclusively available to microsoft insider program only? I'm using Windows 10 Home Version...