Windows 10: Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

Discus and support Windows 11 in place reinstall / update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Paul Wagner1, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in place reinstall keeping apps and data. Now, however, Windows takes forever to connect to Microsoft servers for Outlook and things like widgets. I've tried all suggestions e.g., releasing IP address etc. but nothing has fixed the issue. This is only happening on initial cold boot of the system. Once the system is up and running if I restart it connects like it used to. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to resolve this issue.Tha

:)

Paul Wagner1, Dec 3, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 11 in place reinstall / update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 3, 2023
  3. best place for windows updates

I just reinstalled Vista and windows updates are downloading SLOOOOWWW. I don't even have SP1 yet and it's been 2 hours of updating..

ShadowFold, Dec 3, 2023
  4. zbook Win User

Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

1. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update - Similar Threads - place reinstall update

2. Sing in problem after in place update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sing in problem after in place update windows 11: Today 23 june 2024, I have done successfully in place update on window 11.But after restart my PC i got sing in issue on my PC.The system ask for sing in but it was not working.Kindly Please Help thank you....
  3. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 in place reinstall / update: Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in place reinstall keeping apps and data. Now, however, Windows takes forever to connect to Microsoft servers for Outlook and...
  4. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Place reinstall of Windows 10: Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine....
  5. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

In Place reinstall of Windows 10: Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine....
  6. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...: I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my drivers so i have to download and install them manually.Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon,...
  8. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...: I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my drivers so i have to download and install them manually.Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon,...
  9. In Place Upgrade to Windows 11

In Place Upgrade to Windows 11: Is there an in place upgrade to Windows 11 forthcoming? I'd like to see if Windows 11 would fix the bluetooth bug in Windows 10, but reallly don't want to have to repurchase and resinstall my apps, and I especially don't want to lose my files again....
  10. Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade: I just upgraded to Version 2004 about a month ago and realized that my Windows Mixed Reality headset doesn't work properly. Is it possible to do a reinstall in place with the media creation tool to go back to 1909. Or does this tool only allow for a version upgrade? I know...