Windows 10: Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

Discus and support Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A simple problem with a seemingly impossible fix: I personalized my desktop to have a custom theme. The custom theme works with the exception of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArtieAugustyn, May 27, 2024.

1. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

A simple problem with a seemingly impossible fix: I personalized my desktop to have a custom theme. The custom theme works with the exception of background slideshow which gets reset 100% of the time. For example, right now my desktop background is not on a slideshow. It is stuck on one image within the folder and will never change regardless of setting it to 1 minute, 30 minutes, 6 hours, 1 day, etc.. When I notice this problem, I open "Personalize" and I see my custom theme is no longer selected see image below. If I select the theme again, go to background, confirm it is on slideshow, a

:)

ArtieAugustyn, May 27, 2024

2. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

Hi Nicole,

Here are the steps I took per your suggestion.

1. Make Sure the Theme Isn't Changing Your Wallpaper
      • I created a custom Theme with Background set to Slideshow and Lock Screen to Spotlight.
      • Locked screen and logged back in all good.
      • Rebooted and both reset to Picture.
      • I reset back to Slideshow and Spotlight accordingly.
    2. Turn Off Slideshow in Personalization Settings
      • I set Background to a color and Lock Screen to Picture
      • Restarted system.
      • Settings remained.
      • Reset Background to Slideshow and Screen to Spotlight.
      • Restarted system.
      • Settings remained for the moment.
      • Restarted one more time and Background reverted to Picture & Screen remained at Spotlight.
      • Reset Background to Slideshow.
      • Restarted again.
      • Settings remained for the moment.
      • Restarted again just to validate and settings remained for the moment.
    3. Disable Windows Sync Settings
      • I cannot do this since the factory reset, my account cannot use my Microsoft account only the local. As such, Settings > Accounts > Windows backup > the option to Remember Preferences is grayed out; only available if using Microsoft account.
    4. Use a Local Account
      • I can only use Local Account
    5. Lock the Background Settings
      • This is not an option as, I’m the only user and with Home edition I don’t have Group Policy option.
    Status: While running through steps 3-6 my Background reverted to Picture on its own, without me locking screen or restarting system. Mystery remains as to what’s causing this change on its own. I think Microsoft needs to get involved to evaluate this bug. I know I’m not the only one reporting this issue as I have found several articles over the past couple of years on this topic and don’t know why MSFT hasn’t gotten involved yet.

JohnO_02895, May 27, 2024
  3. CaddyMick Win User
    FIX: Background Theme Slideshow for Windows 10

Create A Custom Slideshow Theme for Windows 10

=================================

Possible Problems:

1. The option to create a background slideshow is not working in Windows 10.

2. Background Slideshows from a previous Windows version not working or found.

3. Links to a Photo Album: Personalize > Background > Slideshow displays "No items match your search." when selecting a folder containing your pictures.

Update Note: The latest Windows 10 update (November 2015) has corrected most of the issues mentioned in this post. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme :) Review your Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update for more information.

============================================

If your Slideshow option or theme is not working, or you want to create a new slideshow follow these steps.

SOLUTION: Create a Slideshow Using Windows 10 Settings:

From your Desktop, R-Click the screen and select "Personalize" > Select Background > Slideshow > Browse

Find the folder containing your slideshow pictures and click on it. The image below shows that the folder is empty, and there is nothing to select. Ignore the "No items match your search." text and click the "Choose this folder" button:

Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme f1d17af2-e300-4d2e-a64c-105165cf73a3.jpg

The slides from your folder should appear immediately as your background. Review and select the available options for changing the picture time, shuffle and choose a fit.

1. Update Settings: Return to Settings >Personalization > Select "Themes... Theme Settings"

2. You should see your theme available under the "My Themes" group.

3. Click the "Unsaved Theme" then save it with a new theme name.

Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme c3890f33-41ab-42f3-83ae-29b8f330d276.jpg

To change or update slides simply add or remove image files from your background folder.

Updated: November 26, 2015

CaddyMick, May 27, 2024
  4. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

1. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme - Similar Threads - keeps resetting slideshow

2. Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps resetting slideshow background and theme: A simple problem with a seemingly impossible fix: I personalized my desktop to have a custom theme. The custom theme works with the exception of background slideshow which gets reset 100% of the time. For example, right now my desktop background is not on a slideshow. It is...
  3. Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?: I have a folder set to shuffle as a slideshow for my wallpaper not lock screen and it keeps resetting to an individual picture with my doing so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-background-keeps-resetting-from/0aea0092-90fd-4a2c-a696-bbe2b7f3d488
  4. Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?

Windows 11, background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture. How can I fix this?: I have a folder set to shuffle as a slideshow for my wallpaper not lock screen and it keeps resetting to an individual picture with my doing so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-background-keeps-resetting-from/0aea0092-90fd-4a2c-a696-bbe2b7f3d488
  5. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  6. Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Desktop background keeps resetting from slideshow to a picture.: From Settings > Personalization > Background I select "Slideshow" from dropdown for "Personalize your background", I choose my picture album for a slideshow and set change to every 1 minute, and shuffle on, on battery off, fit to desktop.Close settings and my slideshow...
  7. background slideshow

background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  8. Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.: I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I thought I wanted to set different slideshows for both desktops, then I found out that I could not do that, so I thought of instead...
  9. Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.

Windows 11, background keep resetting from slideshow to a picture.: I set my background in Windows 11 to a single different picture initially for both of my desktops I usually keep 2 desktops on my laptop. Then I thought I wanted to set different slideshows for both desktops, then I found out that I could not do that, so I thought of instead...
  10. Background Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...