Windows 10: Windows 11 logon requires password

Discus and support Windows 11 logon requires password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tim Repp, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Tim Repp Win User

Windows 11 logon requires password

When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have no use for logon passwords.

:)

Tim Repp, Nov 29, 2023

2. Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, Nov 29, 2023
  3. joewestin Win User
    Is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password?

I have a problem with windows 10, is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password? I’ve done google and it only indicates ‘netplwiz’, i’ve done everything that’s suggested and it still fails.

joewestin, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Windows 11 logon requires password

unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 logon requires password

1. Windows 11 logon requires password - Similar Threads - logon requires password

2. Windows 11 logon requires password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon requires password: When I log on, it says "wrong password." When I select one of two identical users and type in my password, I can use the computer.Why are there two users with identical names?I have tried dozens of times to disable logon passwords from various web sites with no success.I have...
  3. When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When a user password is reset and require user to change password at logon is select, the...: When I have users forget there password and we reset their password in AD and have the "require user to change password at logon" checked, users get a message logging into their AAD joined machines stating "The sign-in method you're trying to use isn't allowed, Try a...
  4. small office network requires password to logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    small office network requires password to logon: I know how to go to Network & Security and go through Advanced Sharing to turn off password protection. Got that. I click to save and attempt to move on. But the second I go back to see if it was saved, it has reverted back to the turn on password protection. I have been...
  5. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  6. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  7. Windows Logon Password Expiry

Windows Logon Password Expiry: Hi, Whenever one of our users logs on to their computer they get the message to reset their password for logging on to the actual laptop. The user has changed their password 3 times, however, the message still appears every time they log back on to their laptop. Any ideas...
  8. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  9. Windows 10 logon password

Windows 10 logon password: How do I change the logon password for logging on to my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logon-password/5026193f-f557-4354-ae34-0b4a8daf97a9"
  10. Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Logon Password Now Required Every Time - Whats Going On: Recently I have had to reset my laptop running Windows 10 to factory settings and now, every time I boot up, it keeps asking for my email password to allow me to login, even though I didn't set this when restoring. I even thought I'd made a mistake, so last evening restored...