Windows 10: Windows 11 No Internet on Start Up and Sleep

Discus and support Windows 11 No Internet on Start Up and Sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am a bit stumped. I have a desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro on a HP Prodesk that will not stay connected to the ethernet. This was NOT an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R Kas, Feb 23, 2024.

1. R Kas Win User

Windows 11 No Internet on Start Up and Sleep

I am a bit stumped. I have a desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro on a HP Prodesk that will not stay connected to the ethernet. This was NOT an issue until I moved my computer to a different ethernet port last week. Now whenever my computer enters sleep mode automatically or forced, or when I boot up my computer, it does not have an internet connection. I must run the Troubleshooter to bring it back.This is an issue because I lose my connection to the server when the ethernet drops, and when the internet connects, it does not bring my all of my files automatically. I have basically lost all

:)

R Kas, Feb 23, 2024

2. Internet Explorer won't start

Since the issue persists, we suggest that you rebuild the Internet Explorer 11 by turning it off and on from the Windows features. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type Program and Features and press
      Enter.
    • On the left pane of Program and Features window, click
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Untick the check box for Internet Explorer
      11 and click OK.
    • Once done, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    • After restarting, re-do the steps above except for the step 3 which you need to tick the check box for
      Internet Explorer 11 and click OK.
    • Restart your computer once more and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if you can now launch the Internet Explorer 11.

Zedrick Del, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Internet Explorer won't start

Since it's not allowing you to open the settings of the Internet Explorer itself, we suggest that you type inetcpl.cpl on
    the search box to open the Internet Properties and follow the steps provided on the link that we have on our previous post.

Note: In doing this you can now skip step 1 under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the Internet Explorer.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

To uninstall the Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, type
      Programs and Features in the search box, and then select
      View installed updates.

• Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the
      Microsoft Windows section.

• Right-click Internet Explorer 11, click Uninstall and then click
      Yes.

• Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 11 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer)

• Restart later

To download and reinstall Internet Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Check the System Type that you need to install by pressing
      Windows key + Pause key.
    • Check the System type under System (Ex: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor).

• Download Internet Explorer 11 (Offline Installer) on this
      link.

• Choose your preferred language and Service Pack (Ex: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit).

• Follow the on-screen prompt.

• Once done, check if the issues persists.

Note: The installer that you can download on this link also applies in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your update with the result.

Zedrick Del, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 No Internet on Start Up and Sleep - Similar Threads - Internet Start Sleep

2. Sleep computer and screen/start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep computer and screen/start up: HI allStill having issues with my computer/ desktop.1 I have set my settings in System to NEVER, for device and screen.2 It stills goes to sleep if I don't use it for 60 secs. I want to have it stay on forever and only SLEEP when I am finished.3 IO only use the SLEEP...
  3. Sleep computer and screen/start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep computer and screen/start up: HI allStill having issues with my computer/ desktop.1 I have set my settings in System to NEVER, for device and screen.2 It stills goes to sleep if I don't use it for 60 secs. I want to have it stay on forever and only SLEEP when I am finished.3 IO only use the SLEEP...
  4. Windows 11 No Internet on Start Up and Sleep

Windows 11 No Internet on Start Up and Sleep: I am a bit stumped. I have a desktop computer with Windows 11 Pro on a HP Prodesk that will not stay connected to the ethernet. This was NOT an issue until I moved my computer to a different ethernet port last week. Now whenever my computer enters sleep mode automatically or...
  5. Windows hello not starting up after sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not starting up after sleep: I have got a Microsoft surface laptop two Camera drivers have been downgraded to 2018 which work better than the latest to log in with helloI have gone through local policy group editor and engabled the biometrics options What seems to work well is when i go to services app...
  6. Windows hello not starting up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello not starting up after sleep: I have got a Microsoft surface laptop two Camera drivers have been downgraded to 2018 which work better than the latest to log in with helloI have gone through local policy group editor and engabled the biometrics options What seems to work well is when i go to services app...
  7. Windows hello not starting up after sleep

8. Windows 11 start up

Windows 11 start up: When i powered up pc with win 10 the first screen came up with all my pinned apps tiles. When i power on with win11 i have to go and press the start tile - an extrea key stroke not required. Is there a way i can get all my apps tiles with out pushing the startup button. A the...
  9. Sleep and no internet on wake up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep and no internet on wake up: When I "wake up" my computer it often doesn't remain connected to the internet. I must restart the computer to regain internet access. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-no-internet-on-wake-up/9f23d24f-8345-4354-9764-9bdde804a6fc
  10. internet on start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet on start up: since the update every time i switch on my laptop i need internet connection to log in on the start up screen, other wise i cant do anything on my laptop. how can i deactivate this setting. i dont always have internet connection when i use my laptop so i really need to...