Windows 10: Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files

Discus and support Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11 Pro 23H2I've used php and yml files in Windows for years for quick retrieval of plain text snippets. For various reasons, I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ABlumer, Dec 7, 2023.

1. ABlumer Win User

Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files

I am using Windows 11 Pro 23H2I've used php and yml files in Windows for years for quick retrieval of plain text snippets. For various reasons, I need .txt to open in MS Word, but I have php and yml set to open in Notepad++.So, for several years, my workflow has been:Click the Windows iconStart typing the file nameHit Enter when the right file showsThis worked for files like sample.php or snippet1.ymlAfter a recent update, these files no longer show up in search or in Explorer search.I can navigate to the folder the files are in, search *php or *.php or *.yml and get no hits. If I search on th

:)

ABlumer, Dec 7, 2023

2. .yml Downloading as .txt

I am trying to save as .yml. I changed the file type from text files to all files. (That was the only other option.) The file is saveing as filename.yml.txt. I need it to just save it as a .yml. filename.yml. Please, can someone tell me what I am doing
    wrong?

I am trying to install the python file environment and it has to be .yml.

JustinDeaton1, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Edwin Win User
    File Type php Missing in Windows File Association Settings

Probably something to do with not having a listing for .php files...

Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files 214026d1542840270t-file-type-php-missing-windows-file-association-settings-001286.png

Try this: (I read it somewhere)...

Paste a bunch of jargon into a new Text file on your desktop, save it as whatever.php, then try the aforementioned again.

Edwin, Dec 7, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

.php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

Hi ArchitGargi

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Right click any .php file and choose Properties.

On the resulting dialog, click the 'Change' button

Then use the resulting menus to navigate to find the application you want to associate PHP files to.

That should set the file association on the PHP files, double click a .php file to test if it opens correctly.

DaveM121, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files - Similar Threads - search longer finds

2. Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 search no longer finds php or yml files: I am using Windows 11 Pro 23H2I've used php and yml files in Windows for years for quick retrieval of plain text snippets. For various reasons, I need .txt to open in MS Word, but I have php and yml set to open in Notepad++.So, for several years, my workflow has been:Click...
  3. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Cortana
    Windows Search no longer search for local files: Ever since I posted that Slideshow is not working, and was told that a fix was simply rebuilding the Index, my Windows Search is now broken.It could no longer display local files, even though it's indexed, it's now showing results from the web.This shows that Microsoft needs...
  4. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search no longer search for local files: Ever since I posted that Slideshow is not working, and was told that a fix was simply rebuilding the Index, my Windows Search is now broken.It could no longer display local files, even though it's indexed, it's now showing results from the web.This shows that Microsoft needs...
  5. Windows Search no longer search for local files

6. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  7. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

.php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  8. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  9. Windows no longer finds .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows no longer finds .exe files: Having a problem getting exe files to run. Office365 now will not start word, excel etc. If I go to the word doc and double click Windows says it cannot find it. If I navigate to the winword.exe it says it cannot find it. Having the same issue with itunes, adobe acrobat...
  10. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...