Windows 10: windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist

Discus and support windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloAnother day of firsts now this lovely gem of an OS is showing me a drive that does not even exist !I dont know where it came from . Not only a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RAC4433, May 21, 2024.

1. RAC4433 Win User

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist

HelloAnother day of firsts now this lovely gem of an OS is showing me a drive that does not even exist !I dont know where it came from . Not only a file but it shows as a DVD device .THIS LAPTOP HAS NO DVD OF ANY KIND ...At this point I want to wipe this machine clean of this windows 11 but ANOTHER problem is that I can't get into the BIOS .I have tried holding shift and restart ....that no longer works !What do I do now ?ALso this laptop is not the only machine I have with toruble getting into the bios !In case anyone is wondering I have norton 360 on this machine and the scans show nothing .

:)

RAC4433, May 21, 2024
  2. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist 264204d1579788485t-optical-drive-issue-send-.png

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist 264148d1579727363t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-12-.png

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist 264149d1579727409t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-10-.png

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist 264150d1579727247t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-11-.png

Jerry8A, May 21, 2024
  4. windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist

Windows 11 File Explorer not showing external drive

If Windows 11 File Explorer is not showing an external drive that is connected to your device, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the connection: Make sure that the external drive is properly connected to your device. Try unplugging and replugging the drive, or connecting it to a different USB port.
    2. Check Disk Management: Open Disk Management by pressing Windows key + X, then selecting Disk Management. Look for the external drive in the list of drives. If it appears but has no drive letter assigned, right-click on it and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths". Assign a drive letter to the external drive, and then check if it appears in File Explorer.
    3. Update drivers: Make sure that your device's drivers are up to date, particularly the drivers for your USB ports. Use the Device Manager to check for any outdated or malfunctioning drivers, and update or reinstall them as needed.
    4. Check power supply: If the external drive requires a separate power supply, make sure it is properly connected and functioning.
    5. Test on another device: Try connecting the external drive to another device to see if it appears in File Explorer. This will help determine if the issue is with the drive itself or your device.
    By following these steps, you may be able to resolve the issue of Windows 11 File Explorer not showing an external drive.

davidwarner007, May 21, 2024
Thema:

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist

1. windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist - Similar Threads - shows drive does

2. Hard drive does not exist showing up in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive does not exist showing up in explorer: hello all, I can't figure out why there's an empty G: drive in File Explorer Disk part doesn't show a G drive at all. DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 System...
  3. Hard drive does not exist showing up in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive does not exist showing up in explorer: hello all, I can't figure out why there's an empty G: drive in File Explorer Disk part doesn't show a G drive at all. DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 System...
  4. Hard drive does not exist showing up in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist

windows 11 shows a drive that does not even exist: HelloAnother day of firsts now this lovely gem of an OS is showing me a drive that does not even exist !I dont know where it came from . Not only a file but it shows as a DVD device .THIS LAPTOP HAS NO DVD OF ANY KIND ...At this point I want to wipe this machine clean of this...
  6. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  7. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

Account doesn't exist, even though it does?: I've been trying to get my Microsoft account back for over a year now and I finally got to the point to where I can reset the password on my account. The problem is when I try to put in my email to sign in, it tells me "That Microsoft account doesn't exist." Someone put their...
  8. Account doesn't exist, even though it does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. A Drive that doesn't exist shows up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Drive that doesn't exist shows up: Few days back a drive F: came out on the desktop out of nowhere and if I try to open it, It says it's unavailable, It is not in disk management aswellI checked diskpart in cmd and Their is no F: in it aswell. It only appears in explorerI am using windows 10 22H2 with all...
  10. A Drive that doesn't exist shows up

A Drive that doesn't exist shows up: Few days back a drive F: came out on the desktop out of nowhere and if I try to open it, It says it's unavailable, It is not in disk management aswellI checked diskpart in cmd and Their is no F: in it aswell. It only appears in explorerI am using windows 10 22H2 with all...