Windows 10: Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then...

Discus and support Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When completing the process, I selected country and language both different than the ones used when I got the device, and now it says my license is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by onepurplesoul, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then...

When completing the process, I selected country and language both different than the ones used when I got the device, and now it says my license is not valid, I don't know what to do. I don't have any information related to my windows license because it came with the computer

:)

onepurplesoul, Dec 3, 2023

2. Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 3, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Bilfrost Win User

Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then...

Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist

Factory reset of Windows 11 keeps list of previously installed languages:

I want to sell my computer. I did a factory reset, chose to delete all system and user settings. The computer reset, but the very first window after the reset where you are asked to choose your language shows all the languages I used as possible options. All, and only, the languages I used. Now this should not be an issue, but I see no reason for the new buyers to know what languages I used. Nor does this indicate a full factory reset to me. I want a full reset, with everything gone.

I did the reset again, in case I missed anything. Same result.

I set up the computer and looked in regional settings and keyboard settings to see if those languages were there. They were not, so nothing to remove there or in power shell.

I went through the registry and removed every single reference (folder even, not just key) to one of the languages. No matter, it still came back at the next reset.

I chose cloud download of the Windows 11 install file instead of local install, thinking that will surely start from scratch. Nope. Languages are still there.

I am totally lost at this point and would really appreciate some tips.

Bilfrost, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then...

1. Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then... - Similar Threads - Single Language reset

2. Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Single Language. I reset the computer, using the 'reset this pc' option and then...: When completing the process, I selected country and language both different than the ones used when I got the device, and now it says my license is not valid, I don't know what to do. I don't have any information related to my windows license because it came with the computer...
  3. windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset: I'm resetting my surface go 3 and until the latest update there's been an option to download windows 11 fresh, now without giving the option, just at the end confirmation screen, it just said reinstall windows from this device with no option to change it, so is it supposed to...
  4. windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset

windows 11 reset - no option to download windows 11 on reset: I'm resetting my surface go 3 and until the latest update there's been an option to download windows 11 fresh, now without giving the option, just at the end confirmation screen, it just said reinstall windows from this device with no option to change it, so is it supposed to...
  5. Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing: Hello everyone. I have a clean install with reformatting whole drive using Windows 11 pro installation media from Microsoft site. Everything were good, i can use easy recovery environment shift + restart to get their and there was "Reset this PC" option. Then i decided to...
  6. Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing

Windows 11 "Reset this PC" option missing: Hello everyone. I have a clean install with reformatting whole drive using Windows 11 pro installation media from Microsoft site. Everything were good, i can use easy recovery environment shift + restart to get their and there was "Reset this PC" option. Then i decided to...
  7. Reset pc. Language difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset pc. Language difference: Can anyone tell me why, since resetting my pc I keep seeing foreign words on my desktop, as per below?These are on Microsoft Community Site, but I'm getting them everywhere online.Any help would be very much appreciated.John...
  8. Reset pc. Language difference

Reset pc. Language difference: Can anyone tell me why, since resetting my pc I keep seeing foreign words on my desktop, as per below?These are on Microsoft Community Site, but I'm getting them everywhere online.Any help would be very much appreciated.John...
  9. No "Reset This PC" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No "Reset This PC" option: Reset this PC option missing after replacing hard disk with a Samsung SSD and using Samsung Data Migration software to clone the existing drive. Analysis: using Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Disk Management On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was...
  10. Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?: Hi, I have a Dell PC but I clean installed with the Media Creation Tool a long time ago so theres no Dell bloatware etc. Ive used Reset PC in the past. Is there any difference between using Reset PC and the Start Afresh option where... if Im understanding correctly... the...