Windows 10: Windows 11 Stops Working on Home Screen

Discus and support Windows 11 Stops Working on Home Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem where when I get to my windows 11 home screen, everything stops working. When I try to open apps on my desktop, I am just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kirigia, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Kirigia Win User

Windows 11 Stops Working on Home Screen

Hello, I am having a problem where when I get to my windows 11 home screen, everything stops working. When I try to open apps on my desktop, I am just met with a loading symbol on my curser that seems to never end. This also goes for the basic windows apps like command prompt and file explorer. My windows 11 GUI is also broken and seems to be a bit glitched. This started happening after I updated my graphics drivers for a game. When my driver installer asked me to restart I did. Which then my problem accrued. I've restarted multiple times with no luck. Also, I cant un-install my driver because

:)

Kirigia, Mar 3, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2024
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 3, 2024
  4. denmarfl Win User

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Mar 3, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Stops Working on Home Screen - Similar Threads - Stops Working Home

2. Windows 11 Stops Working on Home Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Stops Working on Home Screen: Hello, I am having a problem where when I get to my windows 11 home screen, everything stops working. When I try to open apps on my desktop, I am just met with a loading symbol on my curser that seems to never end. This also goes for the basic windows apps like command prompt...
  3. Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart: I tried to install an update to Windows 11 Home, but it failed, citing no specific issue, I'm assuming because I have low disk space. So....i'm good with that, BUT...It keeps trying to install it over and over upon restarting my pc, I have to do a hard shutdown, to get it to...
  4. Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart: I tried to install an update to Windows 11 Home, but it failed, citing no specific issue, I'm assuming because I have low disk space. So....i'm good with that, BUT...It keeps trying to install it over and over upon restarting my pc, I have to do a hard shutdown, to get it to...
  5. Windows 11 stops working

Windows 11 stops working: Windows 11 stops working, blue screen and message:"You device runs into problem and needs to restart" appear. I can't do anything except forcefully turn it off. It happens more and more often....
  6. SECURITY STOPPED WORKING. WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURITY STOPPED WORKING. WINDOWS 10 HOME: MICROSOFT UPDATE HEALTH SERVICE SAYS ERROR 1053 AND WINDOWS SECURITY SERVICE SAYS ERROR 2: CAN'T LOCATE FILE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-stopped-working-windows-10-home/f65f20c0-3a73-477d-a38a-0e2fec092b97
  7. SECURITY STOPPED WORKING. WINDOWS 10 HOME

SECURITY STOPPED WORKING. WINDOWS 10 HOME: MICROSOFT UPDATE HEALTH SERVICE SAYS ERROR 1053 AND WINDOWS SECURITY SERVICE SAYS ERROR 2: CAN'T LOCATE FILE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-stopped-working-windows-10-home/f65f20c0-3a73-477d-a38a-0e2fec092b97
  8. SECURITY STOPPED WORKING. WINDOWS 10 HOME

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows 11 Lock Screen has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock Screen has stopped working: My Windows 11 Lock Screen was set to Slideshow, and it was working just fine. A couple of days ago all of a sudden all I had on the Lock Screen was the Blue wave. I checked the settings screen, and it was set for Slideshow and all the other information looked to be correct,...
  10. Windows 11 Lock Screen has stopped working

Windows 11 Lock Screen has stopped working: My Windows 11 Lock Screen was set to Slideshow, and it was working just fine. A couple of days ago all of a sudden all I had on the Lock Screen was the Blue wave. I checked the settings screen, and it was set for Slideshow and all the other information looked to be correct,...