Windows 10: Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox

Discus and support Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I just updated 3 machines with update 14393.187 *Eek I have Firefox as default browser on all 3 machines. After reboot shortcuts .URL in links on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zardoc, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Zardoc Win User

Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox

So, I just updated 3 machines with update 14393.187 *Eek I have Firefox as default browser on all 3 machines. After reboot shortcuts .URL in links on desktop won't open by default. Message ''unknown file type do you want to open this file''.

The fix is to go to user folder and reset default location of favorites moving all files with it. Copy all favorites files from new location. Create a new Favorites folder in old location. Paste folders from default location to new folder. Move favorites location to new folder. DO NOT REPLACE FOLDERS when prompted.

Problem solved on all 3 machines. *Party

:)

Zardoc, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Creator update Apr 26, 2017 - Won't hold internet links

Just updated to Windows 10 Creator. I must constantly reset network to hold internet connection. Have Netgear R7000. Use wifi fulltime.

The internet breaks links with Edge or Chrome or Firefox. Have internet through local provider and use a VPN (VPN Unlimited). Please help.

WilliamThomas_891, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    I can't move my screen up on pcmag.com on Lumia 635 w/Win 8.1

Seriously? In the 31+ years of computers, you've never had a browser update break a website? IE7, 8, 9? Firefox 2, 3, 4 and up? Safari? Chrome? Updates to browsers break websites all the time as they add new features or better comply with standards. The
    website fixes their code and everyone moves on.

Entegy, Sep 14, 2016
  4. geoke Win User

Thanks! As expected, it works for Windows 7 as well.

These new "roll-up" updates drive me mental when someting breaks.

geoke, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox - Similar Threads - 393 187 Update

2. Hardware Error LiveKernelEvent Code 187

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Error LiveKernelEvent Code 187: Hello everyone, I recently built this new pc a few weeks ago, and it ran perfectly fine at first, however I put a new gpu in and decided to use a network card. Ever since I have done a fresh install of windows three times, ran multiple memtests, updated every driver I could,...
  3. Symbolic links inside linked folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Symbolic links inside linked folder: Hi I'm creating symbolic links of one folder (Missions folder) to server so that the server can load the missions from the linked folder and this works. But the problem is that when I create symbolic links inside the sub folders (of Missions folder) then the server fails to...
  4. Windows update is stuck on 14%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update is stuck on 14%: Now other than the 2 suspicious apps on my laptop,i left my laptop on all night hoping it can finish the installing percentage but its been stuck on 14% even after i put my laptop to low power mode and to sleep after a certain time,is there something i'm doing wrong?Now just...
  5. Windows Accessories - Using Xcopy breaks folder symbolic link

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Accessories - Using Xcopy breaks folder symbolic link: Hi Guys I'm using XCOPY to move some icons into the 'Windows Accessories' folder. The 'Windows Accessories' folder true file location is: C:\Users\UserXYZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories AND C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  6. Firefox folders question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox folders question: [img] I was rearranging my folders in Firefox and, as you can see from the snip, my "Vendors" folder became a sub-folder of "Medical". Does anyone know how I can fix this so that all folders are separate. I would also like to arrange them in ABC order if possible. Thanks....
  7. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...
  8. Firefox update

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox update: Firefox browser just updated [img] 48493
  9. Update breaks Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update breaks Bluetooth.: Don't know if anyone else has suffered this problem, but an update earlier today (Toshiba RFBUS) has broken Bluetooth on my PC. Bluetooth is showing (without errors) in Device Manager but it does not work. A search for 'bluetooth settings' in Win 10 gives a result, but the...
  10. Deleting the Links Folder from the Username Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the Links Folder from the Username Folder: The Links folder is something that I do not use. Deleting the Links folder from the Username folder does not crash the computer. It makes the computer no longer having the Links folder. In fact, I do not need help from this one. C:\Users\<UserName>\Links 81283