Windows 10: Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox

Discus and support Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I just updated 3 machines with update 14393.187 *Eek I have Firefox as default browser on all 3 machines. After reboot shortcuts .URL in links on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zardoc, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Zardoc Win User

Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox

So, I just updated 3 machines with update 14393.187 *Eek I have Firefox as default browser on all 3 machines. After reboot shortcuts .URL in links on desktop won't open by default. Message ''unknown file type do you want to open this file''.

The fix is to go to user folder and reset default location of favorites moving all files with it. Copy all favorites files from new location. Create a new Favorites folder in old location. Paste folders from default location to new folder. Move favorites location to new folder. DO NOT REPLACE FOLDERS when prompted.

Problem solved on all 3 machines. *Party

:)

Zardoc, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Creator update Apr 26, 2017 - Won't hold internet links

Just updated to Windows 10 Creator. I must constantly reset network to hold internet connection. Have Netgear R7000. Use wifi fulltime.

The internet breaks links with Edge or Chrome or Firefox. Have internet through local provider and use a VPN (VPN Unlimited). Please help.

WilliamThomas_891, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    I can't move my screen up on pcmag.com on Lumia 635 w/Win 8.1

Seriously? In the 31+ years of computers, you've never had a browser update break a website? IE7, 8, 9? Firefox 2, 3, 4 and up? Safari? Chrome? Updates to browsers break websites all the time as they add new features or better comply with standards. The
    website fixes their code and everyone moves on.

Entegy, Sep 14, 2016
  4. geoke Win User

Thanks! As expected, it works for Windows 7 as well.

These new "roll-up" updates drive me mental when someting breaks.

geoke, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 14.393.187 Update breaks links folder Firefox - Similar Threads - 393 187 Update

2. Phone link will not connect to iPhone 14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link will not connect to iPhone 14: I got an email regarding the Microsoft Phone link. I trying to sync my iPhone to my laptop, which is running Windows 11. The phone or computer will not connect with each other. Any help would be great....
  3. Phone link will not connect to iPhone 14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link will not connect to iPhone 14: I got an email regarding the Microsoft Phone link. I trying to sync my iPhone to my laptop, which is running Windows 11. The phone or computer will not connect with each other. Any help would be great....
  4. Change name of folder containing icons without breaking links to them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change name of folder containing icons without breaking links to them?: I created a folder a while back that I consolidated duplicates of all the icons I could find using a searching tool. I've been wanting to rename this folder to align with the other folders in its branch, but last time I remember doing something like that it subsequently broke...
  5. Change name of folder containing icons without breaking links to them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change name of folder containing icons without breaking links to them?: I created a folder a while back that I consolidated duplicates of all the icons I could find using a searching tool. I've been wanting to rename this folder to align with the other folders in its branch, but last time I remember doing something like that it subsequently broke...
  6. Change name of folder containing icons without breaking links to them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. LiveKernelEvent 187 - Black Screen Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent 187 - Black Screen Crash: So my PC has been crashing to a black screen when playing any game over the past 2 weeks. I can play games for about 5-20min max then the screen goes black. I can hear the game still go on in the background, but I am forced to power off the PC. I've looked all over for...
  8. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  9. Windows Accessories - Using Xcopy breaks folder symbolic link

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Accessories - Using Xcopy breaks folder symbolic link: Hi Guys I'm using XCOPY to move some icons into the 'Windows Accessories' folder. The 'Windows Accessories' folder true file location is: C:\Users\UserXYZ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories AND C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  10. Firefox folders question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox folders question: [img] I was rearranging my folders in Firefox and, as you can see from the snip, my "Vendors" folder became a sub-folder of "Medical". Does anyone know how I can fix this so that all folders are separate. I would also like to arrange them in ABC order if possible. Thanks....