Windows 10: Windows 1703 Update Problems

Discus and support Windows 1703 Update Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll never learn! I either let Microsoft update my computers or I forced an update to 1703 on the others. So...now I have seven computers running W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, May 24, 2017.

1. Ken429 Win User

Windows 1703 Update Problems

I'll never learn! I either let Microsoft update my computers or I forced an update to 1703 on the others. So...now I have seven computers running W10 1703 and thought everything looked ok...but it ain't. I stumbled into the networking problem when a did a fresh install on one of the systems because it refused to let the 1703 complete. I then discovered that I could not access my "Home Server" where I keep all the stuff I want to install on a fresh install of Windows. It was not in the network! Then I discovered several of the other systems did not have the server in the network. The problem went undetected by a "trusting user" because I had Mapped all the drives I routinely accessed on the server. Computers are missing from my home network on some computers and systems come and go on others. The "Map Network Drive" option is missing on some systems etc.,etc.

It appears like I'm not the only one having problems:
    Anyone else notice the network issues with Windows 10 Creators edition?

The above thread has many solutions that may or may not work. Has anybody come up with what needs to be done, short of MSFT fixing the problem or reverting the systems back to pre-1703, to get the network working. It's almost like the 8.1 initial networking bugs reappeared. Help would be appreciated.

Now that things have settled down it appears I have one major problem. All of the computers on the home network are picked up and shown in the under Network in file manager. I can share the folders with these systems without any issues. However the "Home Server" is not shown. "Home Server" is just a Windows 10 system that I use to store common data. In order to use the Home Server Mapped drives on the other systems I had to use with my Windows Account Password. Never had to do that until I updated the Home Server to 1703. So it would seem when I updated the Home Server to 1703 I screwed something up that makes it invisible to all the systems and I had to log into the Servers Mapped drives with a different password! What the heck do I need to change on the Home Server system to get it working as part of the WorkGroup like it was before the 1703 update?

More information: All of the systems that are recognized by file manager on my network are using either a Realtek or Intel network adapter EXCEPT the one that is not recognized. It is using a Killer network adapter on an ASRock Z97 Killer MB. I've tried updating to the latest Killer network driver but that had no effect. I don't know if that is my issue or not but it sure seems more than a coincidence. However, on the thread mentioned above there seems to be a multitude of issues that people are have with networking since installing 1703.

Another piece of the puzzle: 1703 does not recognize my Z77 Extreme4 systems that have a Broadcom adapter! It looks like one of the posters on the thread above is right - go out and buy a bunch of Intel adapter cards and make 1703 happy!

:)

Ken429, May 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 update 1703

I have windows defender. That's not the problem.

I just want to know how to uninstall update 1703. The computer was working fine before the update. I reset my computer and re installed all the updates, but I discovered once 1703 was installed, the problem started. So I just want to uninstalled 1703, and
    wait until the mickey mouse engineers at Microsoft can solve this problem.

Another view, May 24, 2017
  3. windows 10 fingerprint and PIN setup not working

Exactly the symptoms that I observed with my original user account. It is even more clear that this is a logic problem that was introduced by a recent Windows Update (and needs to be resolved by Microsoft). What is less clear is precisely which Windows Update
    introduced the problem. I observed the problem after the combination of the 2 updates: Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows 10 Version 1703. On another related thread about the same problem "Cannot set up the fingerprint after sucessfully setting up the PIN",
    one user is reporting that Windows 10 Version 1703
    solved the problem.

All I can say is that my system is up to date with Windows Updates (up to 1703) and the problem persists.

MrWinnieThePooh, May 24, 2017
Thema:

Windows 1703 Update Problems

1. Windows 1703 Update Problems - Similar Threads - 1703 Update Problems

2. Having problems with the Windows Feature Update from 1703 to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having problems with the Windows Feature Update from 1703 to 1909: I never realized that my PC wasn't up to date until I tried to play a game and it told me that my Windows needed to be on version 1903 or later. When I checked, I realized that I was still on version 1703. The problem is, every time I try to update the computer, it doesn't...
  3. Failed update windows 1703

Failed update windows 1703: Hi there, I having an issue , i could not update my Windows 10. Currently running 1703, I tried this link from microsoft thread but no good , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Does microsoft have one single package to update old windows 10...
  4. Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version: I have got problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After reboot it starts to install Windows 10 feature update and gets to 26% when it restarts and reverts back to previous version. I have tried stand alone installation with no...
  5. Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version

Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version: I have got problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After reboot it starts to install Windows 10 feature update and gets to 26% when it restarts and reverts back to previous version. I have tried stand alone installation with no...
  6. error problem not triggered. and updates windows 10 version 1703

error problem not triggered. and updates windows 10 version 1703: Khoảng một tuần trở lại đây. Đặt lại chiến thắng 10 bản 1703 Home Home Ngôn ngữ đơn, Pro, nhà riêng Mà để giành chiến thắng để mất bản quyền, ngay vào bios để lấy chìa khóa để kích hoạt số một lần nữa? Và không có cửa sổ cập nhật với trình điều khiển lên! Tôi đã thử tải lại...
  7. Windows 10 update 1703

Windows 10 update 1703: I found this update this morning. It has been "installing" now for 3 hours and sees to be in a loop where it shows Dowloading Updates, Preparing to install updates, then goes back to Downloading Updates. Is this a loop or wilI it complete? 91723
  8. Windows will not update beyond 1703

Windows will not update beyond 1703: I was having trouble with a wesbite and after their review of my system. They stated that my computer is 8 years old and may need a Bios update (Ugh), device update(s) or a new computer. It has been working great for my needs (I am not a gamer-woe is me). Any ideas? I am...
  9. Windows 1703 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 update: Ever since the 1703 update last week a bunch of unwanted changes have appeared on my computer. One change all my desktop Ions were scrambled. Ok, so I'll put tem back where they were. Not so easy. It seems even though I have the "align to grid" turned off it sill wont let me...
  10. Fails to update to windows 1703

Fails to update to windows 1703: Hello Bree suggested I should start a new thread............. My W10 updates all "offers" except for feature update to windows 10 version 1703? It has had several tries at updating it but fails each time, while other updates come in and are completed. As of 1/6/17 I'm on...