Windows 10: Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation

Discus and support Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by archz2, May 9, 2018.

1. archz2 Win User

Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation

I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor, 500 GB SATA Hard disk and 8GB DDR3 RAM. My laptop had slowed down over past six months. Last time I did clean installation of Windows 8.1 was probably in 2015. Yesterday,*I did a clean installation of Windows 8.1 - 64 bit (using official ISO file from Microsoft website that I downloaded few days back) on my laptop. It booted fine. It also automatically installed crimson AMD drivers for my graphic card and Intel drivers (HD4000) for my on board graphics card.*

*First using DDU tool in safe mode, I uninstalled Intel and AMD drivers.Then I downloaded official ISO file of Windows 10 version 1803 from Microsoft's website. I made a bootable USB from this ISO file. Then I started the installation by selecting the respective setup file from windows explorer. I chose "keep files and applications" setting in order to prevent loss of data and to get back to Windows 8.1 installation if anything goes wrong.*

Windows 10 started fine. Then I let it install all the updates from the Windows automatic update feature. I let the laptop restart whenever the windows update asked to do so. After checking multiple times that my windows 10 was up to date I downloaded*Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Optional drivers from AMD's official website, and ran the setup. The windows update automatically installed Intel integrated on board graphics drivers too.*

Then I started the setup of AMD graphics drivers.

The installation got stuck in midway with the white progress bar nearly half filled. My laptop froze. I waited for 45 minutes before I forced it close using the power button. Now upon pressing the power button, I got the message that windows was attempting to repair the startup. Then I got a blue screen telling me that it couldn't repair. Restarting multiple times gave the same messages.

I am now back to my windows 8.1 installation. I got back using advanced startup settings. Now what should I do to install Windows 10 on my laptop?

:)

archz2, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation

1. Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation - Similar Threads - 1803 freeze graphics

2. Problem with installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with installing graphics driver: Hi. My graphic driver has been removed automatically and i don't know why ... when I download the driver to install it manually I get this error that goes like this: this graphic driver coulld not find compatible graphics hardware. I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the...
  3. Problem with installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with installing graphics driver: Hi. My graphic driver has been removed automatically and i don't know why ... when I download the driver to install it manually I get this error that goes like this: this graphic driver coulld not find compatible graphics hardware. I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the...
  4. Windows computer freezes while installing Graphics driver

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer freezes while installing Graphics driver: [IMG]If your Windows computer freezes while installing the Graphics driver, this post may help you fix the issue. Compatibility issues are one of the causes of this problem. Your computer may freeze if the Graphics driver that you are installing is not compatible with it. A...
  5. Graphic Driver update freezes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic Driver update freezes Windows 10: I have this new core i3 PC with Foxconn H67MP motherboard. 2gb RAM.After a fresh install of windows, I try to install graphics driver and suddenly, the PC freezes with nothing working. When this happens, the only way to to turn it off is to unplug it from the power source....
  6. Graphics drivers won’t install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics drivers won’t install: So, I accidentally deleted my graphics card drivers NVIDIA card, so I downloaded the installer for the drivers. However, when I run the installer, It lets me choose my directory, then shows a progress bar saying “after files are copied, installation will continue”. When the...
  7. my pc is freezing cause of installing graphics driver

my pc is freezing cause of installing graphics driver: hi i am using intel i5 3470 processor, os =windows 10 when i install graphics driver of i5 3470. I means intel hd 2500 driver the pc stuck or freezes i installed the oldest versions,latest versions still the pc stuck if i need to use the pc i needed to disable the...
  8. The driver is not installed on the graphics card.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver is not installed on the graphics card.: 1.После переустановки Windows я решил установить драйвер на видеокарту. Но когда скачал exe файл и установил драйвера, результата не было .. Скачал с оффсайта Intel, но установился и ничего не вышло .. Все точно писало "Microsoft Basic Video Adapter" [ATTACH] Пытался...
  9. Graphics Driver won't install?

Graphics Driver won't install?: Before I start I would like to mention I am terrible with computers. I tried to download graphic drivers using the CD from the Geforce 1030 GDDR5 but the moment I try to install it tells me that its imcompatible with my system, claiming the hardware does not exist[ATTACH]...
  10. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10: I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and watching content on YouTube. Randomly freezing on my screen, icons on taskbar (sometimes all of them or just tiny ones at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon driver wont let met chose what to install

2. currently running windows 1803 can i delete amd usb fiter driver installed 2010

3. amd drivers crashes during installation windows 10 1803

4. windows 1803 freeze with nvidia drivers