Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation

Discus and support Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by archz2, May 9, 2018.

1. archz2 Win User

I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor, 500 GB SATA Hard disk and 8GB DDR3 RAM. My laptop had slowed down over past six months. Last time I did clean installation of Windows 8.1 was probably in 2015. Yesterday,*I did a clean installation of Windows 8.1 - 64 bit (using official ISO file from Microsoft website that I downloaded few days back) on my laptop. It booted fine. It also automatically installed crimson AMD drivers for my graphic card and Intel drivers (HD4000) for my on board graphics card.*

*First using DDU tool in safe mode, I uninstalled Intel and AMD drivers.Then I downloaded official ISO file of Windows 10 version 1803 from Microsoft's website. I made a bootable USB from this ISO file. Then I started the installation by selecting the respective setup file from windows explorer. I chose "keep files and applications" setting in order to prevent loss of data and to get back to Windows 8.1 installation if anything goes wrong.*

Windows 10 started fine. Then I let it install all the updates from the Windows automatic update feature. I let the laptop restart whenever the windows update asked to do so. After checking multiple times that my windows 10 was up to date I downloaded*Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Optional drivers from AMD's official website, and ran the setup. The windows update automatically installed Intel integrated on board graphics drivers too.*

Then I started the setup of AMD graphics drivers.

The installation got stuck in midway with the white progress bar nearly half filled. My laptop froze. I waited for 45 minutes before I forced it close using the power button. Now upon pressing the power button, I got the message that windows was attempting to repair the startup. Then I got a blue screen telling me that it couldn't repair. Restarting multiple times gave the same messages.

I am now back to my windows 8.1 installation. I got back using advanced startup settings. Now what should I do to install Windows 10 on my laptop?

:)

Thema:

Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation

Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation - Similar Threads - 1803 freeze graphics

Forum Date

Delete 1803

Delete 1803: I installed 1803 on my SSD PC, which ended up in the dreaded loop. I managed to go back to previous version and everything is working OK. I have blocked 1803 from installing again, but it is still on my computer. How do I remove it, prior to MS issuing a patched version of...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Yesterday at 8:32 AM

I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?

I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?: I have read many, many problems encountered by users after 1803 was applied to their system. In fact there are web sites devoted to 'common problems after installing v1803' I can see mine will be applied when I next re-start. Should I be concerned? Your thoughts? 110574
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Saturday at 10:32 AM

Unable to adjust screen brightness after Windows 10 Pro 1803 upgrade

Unable to adjust screen brightness after Windows 10 Pro 1803 upgrade: I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on it happily and reliably for quite some time.... Until just now when I upgraded to version 1803. Right after the upgrade I...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Saturday at 5:13 AM

Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings

Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings: I have 4 Computers that I successfully networked together (wireless I may add). Everything worked well until that latest update and now the Network is totally blown. I can understand the need for updates, but must Big Brother reset my Computers to some state that he feels...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Saturday at 4:03 AM

Windows10 1803 update

Windows10 1803 update: I have updated my acer laptop with the 1803 may update and now I get the error C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure the disk is properly...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Friday at 11:13 PM

JUST NOW GETTING 1803 (installing) 1803

JUST NOW GETTING 1803 (installing) 1803: what is the install time for 1803 (gen) in guam american legion already at 64 percent 110511
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Friday at 12:13 PM

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803: So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps nagging me it is full and I need to clean it. But the cleaning app does not find anything either on the drive. I restarted...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Tuesday at 2:53 PM

Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1803 - Error 0x800f0900

Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1803 - Error 0x800f0900: I have tried numerous times to upgrade my desktop computer using Windows Update, the Windows 10 Update Assistant, and even using a Windows 10 1803 ISO. The Windows Update screen just gives me the following error with option to try again. but nothing changes. Feature Update...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Tuesday at 3:44 AM

Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer

Version 1803 will not complete installation on fairly new computer: I'm stuck trying to update from 1709 to 1803. I've updated two other Windows machines without a hitch; but this seems to get so far, flashes the blue-screen-of-disrepair, and reloads to restart the install process --- and this is in what I believe is a final stage of the...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade May 14, 2018

Oh NO! Did 1803 ISO eliminate In-Place Update?

Oh NO! Did 1803 ISO eliminate In-Place Update?: Since I've tried more times than I care to count to install the 1803 update I thought I'd give the In-Place update a try. To do this you have to boot from the 1803 ISO, which made on 09 May using the Media Creation Tool. I remember that when I did the 2017 Spring Creator...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade May 14, 2018
Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation solved