Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation

Discus and support Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by archz2, May 9, 2018.

1. archz2 Win User

I'm running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my Lenovo G500 laptop. It has AMD Radeon HD 8570 (2GB) graphics card, Intel integrated HD graphics, i5 processor, 500 GB SATA Hard disk and 8GB DDR3 RAM. My laptop had slowed down over past six months. Last time I did clean installation of Windows 8.1 was probably in 2015. Yesterday,*I did a clean installation of Windows 8.1 - 64 bit (using official ISO file from Microsoft website that I downloaded few days back) on my laptop. It booted fine. It also automatically installed crimson AMD drivers for my graphic card and Intel drivers (HD4000) for my on board graphics card.*

*First using DDU tool in safe mode, I uninstalled Intel and AMD drivers.Then I downloaded official ISO file of Windows 10 version 1803 from Microsoft's website. I made a bootable USB from this ISO file. Then I started the installation by selecting the respective setup file from windows explorer. I chose "keep files and applications" setting in order to prevent loss of data and to get back to Windows 8.1 installation if anything goes wrong.*

Windows 10 started fine. Then I let it install all the updates from the Windows automatic update feature. I let the laptop restart whenever the windows update asked to do so. After checking multiple times that my windows 10 was up to date I downloaded*Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Optional drivers from AMD's official website, and ran the setup. The windows update automatically installed Intel integrated on board graphics drivers too.*

Then I started the setup of AMD graphics drivers.

The installation got stuck in midway with the white progress bar nearly half filled. My laptop froze. I waited for 45 minutes before I forced it close using the power button. Now upon pressing the power button, I got the message that windows was attempting to repair the startup. Then I got a blue screen telling me that it couldn't repair. Restarting multiple times gave the same messages.

I am now back to my windows 8.1 installation. I got back using advanced startup settings. Now what should I do to install Windows 10 on my laptop?

:)

archz2, May 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 1803- freeze on graphics driver installation - Similar Threads - 1803 freeze graphics

2. Cumulative update 1803 for Windows 10 freezes during restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative update 1803 for Windows 10 freezes during restart: I just did a clean install into Windows 10 home, applied all the latest updates and then installed my gpu’s latest driver from nvidia. I used the system all day after that playing all my games without any problem, however when i checked for an update there was a cumulative...
  3. Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1803 freezes

Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1803 freezes: I have several dell Optiplex 3050 AIO, 2 weeks ago one of them started to freeze while I was creating a new windows 10 image, when I create the image I make sure that all updates are installed before I capture the image, but windows was totally freezing whenever trying to...
  4. My windows 10 Version 1607 for x64 will freeze on upgrading to windows 10 version 1803

My windows 10 Version 1607 for x64 will freeze on upgrading to windows 10 version 1803: Hello there. With all my respect I was reading your pro explanations to other customers who seem to have the same problem as me I do not have much time to spend on doing so many things as you explained on "fixing" problems on windows 10 upgrade, because I have spend money on...
  5. windows update 1803 freezes at 81%

windows update 1803 freezes at 81%: windows update 1803 freezes at 81% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-1803-freezes-at-81/a7429edf-b292-46b2-b3f1-1ce54fd6039f
  6. Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.: The issue I am running into is where my computer is freezing at times. At first, it would freeze after about an hour of in-game time, so I assumed the issue was overheating with my graphics card. I furmarked my card for multiple hours no issue. I then looked into crash dumps...
  7. Windows 10 1803 (RS4 Build) Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1803 (RS4 Build) Keeps Freezing: Hi, I have found another issue with Windows 10 Pro 1803 (RS4) Build and I have only had this issue on another pc in my home which keeps freezing on the Windows 10 Pro 1803 (RS4) Build after Communitive Update KB4284848. This is affecting me by using this new version of...
  8. since windows 10 1803 my computer freezes when i use microsoft edge or fiefox

since windows 10 1803 my computer freezes when i use microsoft edge or fiefox: since windows 10 1803 my computer freezes when i use microsoft edge or fiefox I was hoping the later updates would fix bjut made it worse can i go back to the previse version somehow. 113224
  9. After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.: Previously had this issue: Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update. After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end. Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed. It is fixed, I can...
  10. Build 1803 freezes ever so often

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Build 1803 freezes ever so often: Hello All, Am having some problems lately after making out a new installation of Windows version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48). I have an SSD where I have the Windows 10 x64- Operating System exclusively and to this is attached a 2 TB Hitachi HDD where I store all else. The...