Windows 10: Windows 1803 update problems

Discus and support Windows 1803 update problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've had problems with the April update 1803 on my desktop computer since it first started rolling out. At first it would go through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarlWHI, Aug 21, 2018.

1. KarlWHI Win User

Windows 1803 update problems

Hello,

I've had problems with the April update 1803 on my desktop computer since it first started rolling out. At first it would go through the installation process, stopping at a black screen mid-installation, at which point I would restart the computer then it would freeze at around 86% complete. Restart again, and it would register it as a failure and reinstall the previous version of Windows.

I did this a few times before getting tired of losing several hours of work time because of each failed installation. I used the Show or Hide Updates tool to keep it at bay for a while (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo) but then after a while it would sneakily install and fail again.

A couple of days ago I decided I'd do a clean install of Windows 10 and that that might solve the problem - the 1803 update could then work from the version 1607 that had been installed.

Last night I left it on to install and this morning came in to find... a black screen. When I reset it, it booted up an unusable version of Windows (possibly 1803 but I couldn't check) that couldn't access my desktop - or any of my files except by double-clicking on the Recycle Bin and using the menu to access libraries, etc.

I've done all the scans, etc, that have been recommended by Microsoft, but it seems like this process is going nowhere.

I've reverted to using the Show or Hide Updates tool.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

best

Karl

:)

KarlWHI, Aug 21, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 21, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

Any Office365 users here? Does Outlook (or any Office app for that matter) request activation after each system restart post this Windows 1803 update?

btarunr, Aug 21, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

How was this solved? Maybe it could help someone else, since there are numerous various problems with 1803 (and yes, I know many others have had no problems, as well).

rtwjunkie, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 1803 update problems - Similar Threads - 1803 update problems

2. Problem in audio windows update 1803 and 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in audio windows update 1803 and 1809: A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update from 1803 to 1809, what can you do to get their sound working again?...
  3. Problems updating Windows 10 Version 1803

Problems updating Windows 10 Version 1803: I keep getting into the loop where windows update keeps installing, then uninstalling, then tries again later. I get the following error messages in Windows Updates: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 3 Last failed install attempt on ‎07-‎Oct-‎20 - 0x800707e7...
  4. Win update 1803 problems

Win update 1803 problems: Every time there's a major update it breaks my computer and I have to revert to the stable version. Currently using 1709, build 16299.1087 on a Lenovo all-in-one Previous major updates resulted in ghost circles scrolling down the center of the screen and the mouse pointer...
  5. Windows 10 1803 BSoDs & Update problems

Windows 10 1803 BSoDs & Update problems: I've been using the day to sort out my BSoD issue that's be plaguing me for some time. It started with a 1809 update failure at the beginning of the year and this week has been giving me 'System Thread Exception', 'System Thread Exception Not Handles' and...
  6. Problems with windows update 1803

Problems with windows update 1803: Hi everyone, I'm currently having problems with one of my budgeting software. Two weeks ago it was working fine however just two days ago it started giving me problems. All problems give me the same error message "Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"....
  7. Windows 10 1803 updating problem

Windows 10 1803 updating problem: Hi to all, when i want to try update my windows 10 build 14393 to 1803 i encounter with a problem. update downloaded successfuly but after that windows stuck on the preparing to installation at 0% and do not do any thing!! can any one give an advice to me to solve the...
  8. 1803 Update Problems

1803 Update Problems: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age and the end result is always the same "Restoring previous version of Windows". I have tried to turn off Widows Updates using...
  9. Bluetooth problem on windows Creators Update 1803...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problem on windows Creators Update 1803...: I have a problem connecting my bluetooth Anker soundbuds curve on the latest update on windows (1803). Before it used to work but now it doesn't work normally. It says its connected but if I go on playback devices its says its disconnected... I haven't seen much about these...
  10. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...