Windows 10: Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10

Discus and support Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; not seeing this notification Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 31, 2015.

1. JoeShades Win User

Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10

not seeing this notification

JoeShades, May 31, 2015
  2. DavidY Win User

I note from here that it asks for an email address.

I wonder if a new product key will be emailed to people when W10 becomes available?

DavidY, May 31, 2015
  3. Got the notification also

Hope the notification is specific to the device, not the MS id

paulsalter, May 31, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I have a "Multiple use" Windows 7 ultimate from TechNet. -- Does this mean if I install W7 on 3 computers (it will activate) I'll get FREE Updates on all 3 machines !!!

I'll go for that. -- I'm glad I kept a copy of the W7 ISO --I'll just restore W7 and then update !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 31, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    I can feel the feeding frenzy building!

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for the tip.

BunnyJ, May 31, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    If each machine gets the icon then I'd assume so. Keep an eye out!

swarfega, May 31, 2015
  8. Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10

This is the first I've heard of this, haven't gotten any notifications myself. I just opened Windows update on my desktop PC (running Windows 8.1) to see if I hadn't installed those optional updates and saw this.

Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10 [​IMG]

I reserved mine. *Smile

alphanumeric, May 31, 2015
  9. That is just so WEIRD!

My 8.1 Pro is up to date on Critical Updates, but after reading your last post, I went into Windows Updates again and got 9 optional updates and still I've not seen the Windows 10 announcement that you just posted. What's up with that?

Not that I really need it. I can see NO reason to upgrade from 8.1 Pro to Win-10. Windows 8.1 Pro x86 runs real fast on my new PC (home built) and it will be supported by MS for probably as long as I'm going to need it. (I'll turn 72 this month)

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, May 31, 2015
  10. Cariboou Win User
    I have already reserved a copy of Win 10 when will be ready, at this time I run with Win 7 32bit, but in the future I plan of run with Win 10 64 bit, for get a Win 10 64 someone know if I have to buy or upgrade my Win 7 to 64 or will be enough download Win 10 64 and make a clean install?

Cariboou, May 31, 2015
  11. LittleJay Win User
    Interesting. On my W8.1 installation it asks me for an E-mail address to reserve my copy of W10. But on my W7 installation it just says that everything is set and I don't need to do anything else.

LittleJay, May 31, 2015
  12. I just did the same thing on my laptop. Had to do the optional updates twice actually. Still didn't get the notification window in Windows update but I did get the notification icon in my notifications section of my taskbar. Just did the reservation on that too.

13. Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10

I've done it twice on Windows 8.1 PC's and not been asked for an e-mail address. Local account or live ID? I was expecting it to be just the opposite, e-mail prompt for windows 7, no prompt on Windows 8.

14. LittleJay Win User
    I know. That's why I thought it was weird. I didn't reserve a copy for my W8.1 installation, because I want to keep that and just upgrade my W7 installation.

LittleJay, May 31, 2015
  15. Local account or Live ID logon?

Thema:

1. Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10 - Similar Threads - users are able

2. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  3. FREE VPN for W10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FREE VPN for W10?: I am just starting to give some thought to using a VPN with my main browser, Edge. I realise free ones will have various limitations but want to try some first, a promising looking example being WINDSCRIBE. I have tried ChrisPC VPN but without success (it is a sort of...
  4. is Windows 10 free for Windows 8 users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is Windows 10 free for Windows 8 users?: I'm still running windows 8 and want to upgrade to 10, will I have to purchase a new license key? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgwe3l/is_windows_10_free_for_windows_8_users/
  5. No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No advantage in Reserving Your Copy?: What is the advantage of reserving win10? I did this the first moment it was possible. About a month later I eventually did it to my other four machines. The last machine I reserved it on was my laptop. The first machine to say it was ready to install was the...
  6. Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade: This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of screenshots: Attachment...
  7. YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer

in Windows 10 Support
    YES, Windows 7 RTM and Windows 8 Are eligible for free upgrade offer: There are a lot of people going around telling people that you have to be on Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 to be eligible for the free upgrade. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Any consumer x86/64 version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.x (ie, not corporate versions) is eligible for the free...
  8. Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10: Windows 7 and Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10 Technical Preview - Softpedia Does this mean that all users can upgrade, now? 3770
  9. Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Will Be Free for Windows 8 Users: Microsoft Indonesia confirms a free license for Windows 9 Windows 9 preview is almost here, as Microsoft will unveil the first public build of the upcoming operating system in just a few days, but we have already heard quite a lot of details about this product thanks to...
  10. Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10

in Windows 10 News
    Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10: Microsoft puts all hopes on Windows 10 as far as its plans to maintain its desktop domination and expand into the mobile sector are concerned, but analysts around the world are skeptical that the company would manage to convince users to switch. Back in 2012, when...