Windows 10: Windows 7 not showing location sensor

Discus and support Windows 7 not showing location sensor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i recently have installed windows 7 sp1 with all updates and in device manager location sensor is not shown.. Also Gadgets cannot detect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by n70shan, Jun 7, 2015.

1. n70shan Win User

Windows 7 not showing location sensor

hi, i recently have installed windows 7 sp1 with all updates and in device manager location sensor is not shown..
    Also Gadgets cannot detect my location. It was working fine on my previous windows 8. when i go to location sensors through startup it says no sensors are installed. any idea please?

:)

n70shan, Jun 7, 2015

2. Speed up your Booklet 3G the right way

Windows 7 does provide a way to share sensor and location data across the system, using the Sensor and Location API. This would be the ideal (and standardised) way to share location data from the GPS.

Unfortunately, this does not work on Windows 7 Starter Edition. Windows 7 not showing location sensor :(

- Miles.

milesr---01, Jun 7, 2015
  3. Booklet 3G & Win7 Location Sensor

Has anyone else figured out if you can get Windows 7 to use the built in GPS as a location sensor, so the OS knows where you are at any given time? I see the modem and GPS items in my "ports" section of the device manager, but it doesn't show up as a sensor.

PEte

PeteLe---01, Jun 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello n70shan,

I would recommend to post at our sister site www.sevenforums.com for Windows 7 issues instead. *Smile

Brink, Jun 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 not showing location sensor - Similar Threads - showing location sensor

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?: So I recently got a brand new gaming laptop and it says that it has a fingerprint sensor but I cannot find it. I even looked online for answers and checked the manual and nothing. I really want to setup fingerprint so I can just scan my finger and sign in. If anyone has...
  4. Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of fingerprint sensor on Asus Rog flow x13?: So I recently got a brand new gaming laptop and it says that it has a fingerprint sensor but I cannot find it. I even looked online for answers and checked the manual and nothing. I really want to setup fingerprint so I can just scan my finger and sign in. If anyone has...
  5. Fix Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor not working: [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor is not working on their Windows computers. Some of them have tried updating the device driver from the Device Manager. But when they updated the driver, they received the following...
  6. Windows showing wrong location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows showing wrong location: I live in Savannah, GA. But since a few weeks ago, my location has been shown as Napa, CA. I'm using Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro. macOS on the same machine shows the correct location. Apple Find My App shows the correct location. Cortana, Bing.com in Edge, Google Earth...
  7. Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working

Windows Locations and Sensors are Grayed Out and Not Working: Some time ago, after the last major Windows update, I was unable to get my laptop to re-orient itself when in tablet mode. This is a problem that the sensors seem to not be enabled. I've checked in the registry and made sure they were enabled. When I go to the Privacy...
  8. windows 7 adobe file locations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 7 adobe file locations: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_prnhp003.inf_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2fd781a76c9dcc13\Amd64\hpk7100t.xml C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prnhp003.inf_amd64_neutral_4480210763997eb4\Amd64\hpk7100t.xml...
  9. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

Where is the fingerprint sensor located?: Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-fingerprint-sensor-located/bc37c073-78a3-4e84-84d1-3bda0cdcb20c
  10. Turn location sensor on

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn location sensor on: I'm trying to turn on my location sensor in Windows 10, but I keep getting a "some settings are hidden by your organization" message. I'm the only user of this machine and I am not part of any 'organization'. Is there a way to get around this roadblock? 119674