Windows 10: Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window

Discus and support Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Using windows 7 SP1 - fresh install, and using windows update to update the windows with the latest updates. At some point (can't tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Orfischer, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Orfischer Win User

Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window

Hi All,

Using windows 7 SP1 - fresh install, and using windows update to update the windows with the latest updates.

At some point (can't tell when) a mysterious window start to flash for a fraction of a second very randomly (maybe once an hour or half an hour).

1. Tries to view all windows event log that happened at that exact time, but couldn't find anything.
    2. I don't have Microsoft office installed - and already saw the solutions suggested with office updater - I don't see a folder like that on "services.msc"

I got to capture this on camera:

Any suggestions?

Hi All,

Using windows 7 SP1 - fresh install, and using windows update to update the windows with the latest updates.

At some point (can't tell when) a mysterious window start to flash for a fraction of a second very randomly (maybe once an hour or half an hour).

1. Tries to view all windows event log that happened at that exact time, but couldn't find anything.
    2. I don't have Microsoft office installed - and already saw the solutions suggested with office updater - I don't see a folder like that on "services.msc"

I got to capture this on camera:

Any suggestions?

:)

Orfischer, Feb 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 monitor problem

Update, now there is random pixel lines appearing on my screen, its just a flash of random pixels.

Xenochilla, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Ever since I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 (from WINDOWS 7) several months ago, I've been getting constant "flashes" on my screen.

<Original title: Screen "flashes">

Ever since I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 (from WINDOWS 7) several months ago, I've been getting constant "flashes" on my screen. These flashes look like a new window screen trying to open but only lasts a fraction of a second and then disappears. They occur at
    regular intervals (every 30 seconds) and in the same spot, and during the micro-second they appear they disrupt any computer activity. If I create a new user account, the flash will not appear at first, but eventually the new account will develop the same
    problem, although at a different rate and in a different spot on the screen.

I would appreciate any suggestions on getting rid of this problem. I've enjoyed the new features offered by WINDOWS 10 and EDGE, but if this problem continues and can't be resolved, I will have to return to WINDOWS 7.

MarchingAnts, Feb 26, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Download Autoruns and see what is running in the background that you don't recognize.
    You can also go to the Task Scheduler and see if there is a program that supposed to run at certain intervals.

spunk, Feb 26, 2018
  5. Orfischer Win User
    Hi,

Went through all windows scheduler - nothing is scheduled to run in this frequency. although it doesn't seem like running at the exact time every time.

Orfischer, Feb 26, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    In addition to the above you could place the computer in safe mode.
    Does it or does it not flash in safe mode?
    If it does not flash in safe mode then place the computer in clean boot.
    Does it or does it not flash in clean boot?
    If it does not flash in clean boot then you can identify the problem by using selective boot.
    So in addition to auto runs see if you can check the results for safe mode first and then clean boot second (if it does not occur with safe mode).
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Tutorials
    What are the antivirus and firewall software products that are in use?
    Can you run a full scan and post the results for both unsafe and unwanted items.

zbook, Feb 26, 2018
  7. Orfischer Win User
    So we found out what runs in this window is a process called ReadonSetting.exe - anyone have an idea why this may happen?

Orfischer, Feb 26, 2018
  8. RickC Win User

Are you sure it's not RadeonSettings.exe (part of AMD's graphics driver)?

If so, it's apparently started fom a scheduled task called StartCN. Using AutoRuns, check the Scheduled Tasks tab.

RickC, Feb 26, 2018
  9. Orfischer Win User
    This problem persist and repeated over other several computer builds we have done. Not sure yet what causes this, but we will try to escalate it with AMD support and keep you posted if we find out the reason it happens.

Orfischer, Mar 13, 2018
  10. Steve C Win User
    The OneDrive update process does the same but I guess you don't have that on Windows 7.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 7 random flash appearing/disappearing window - Similar Threads - random flash appearing

2. Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11: I would very much appreciate any help related to this issue.I have a laptop OMEN by HP 15-dc0xxx with a hard disk Toshiba KBG30ZMV128G with 2 partitions, one of C: 119 Gb for Windows 11 and D: for DATA, the remaining 900 or somethibg GB.Since a couple of month ago, D started...
  3. Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition randomly disappears and appear after restart windows 11: I would very much appreciate any help related to this issue.I have a laptop OMEN by HP 15-dc0xxx with a hard disk Toshiba KBG30ZMV128G with 2 partitions, one of C: 119 Gb for Windows 11 and D: for DATA, the remaining 900 or somethibg GB.Since a couple of month ago, D started...
  4. Window flashes/appears then disappears periodically after Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window flashes/appears then disappears periodically after Windows 11 install: Just installed Windows 11. Now, a window keeps flashing up and disappearing immediately. It's very fast. Nothing has time to appear inside it. Happens maybe hourly. Have tried rebooting, updating, SFC, scanning for malware...
  5. Window flashes/appears then disappears periodically after Windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window flashes/appears then disappears periodically after Windows 11 install: Just installed Windows 11. Now, a window keeps flashing up and disappearing immediately. It's very fast. Nothing has time to appear inside it. Happens maybe hourly. Have tried rebooting, updating, SFC, scanning for malware...
  6. Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network randomly appears and disappear on the connection list.: I've lost a complete day to this utter nonsense. Ever since the morning my pc wasn't connecting to my mobile hotspot and not showing up in the connections list. Even if it did show up it wouldn't connected to the internet saying it can't connect to the network. Then out of...
  7. Audio appears and disappears randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio appears and disappears randomly: Hi all, For no apparent reason audio from my laptop's internal speakers appears and disappears. As I was troubleshooting I noticed random fluctuation in the audio levels in Windows Stereo Mixer. Take a look at this short video here demonstrating both the audio loss as well...
  8. Window flashing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window flashing and disappearing: A window keeps flashing up and disappearing immediately. It's so fast that I cannot see what it says or any details. It happend when using any program and several times a day. I have a ran a full antivirus scan and nothing has been detected. Please can you help?...
  9. usb flash keep appear and disappear and so on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb flash keep appear and disappear and so on: my usb flash drive was working fine until i scanned my Adata c003 usb flash using avg , it says it find harm files and it move it to quarantine after that every time i put the usb flash in the pc it keep shows in the explorer and disappear and so on when i go to device...
  10. bitadmin popup appears and disappear randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    bitadmin popup appears and disappear randomly: in the last few days some cmd screens just pop ups my screen for about a second and then disappears.. causing a lot of inconvenience..after reading many articles i used powershell giving admin rights and using bit maps commands of removing bitmaps and more nothing is changed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window flashes and disappears windows 7