Windows 10: Windows 7 should be Windows 11

Discus and support Windows 7 should be Windows 11 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Oppsie! I responded to the wrong post. sorry! *Redface Lol. That's a relief. I was actually quite shocked by your remark, and thought my world view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mousegolf, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Mystere Win User

Windows 7 should be Windows 11

Lol. That's a relief. I was actually quite shocked by your remark, and thought my world view had changed *Wink

Mystere, Dec 9, 2014
  2. Mystere Win User

Except that you don't have a single-user computer. You have a multi-user computer that only one human user is using.

Multi-user is not an option, and every user of windows, including you is currently right now running multiple users (at least 5 of them) on your computer simultaneously. Just not multiple human users. As such, you are dead wrong when you say "a very large number of people who are never ever gonna have more than one user on their computer", because it's impossible to NOT have more than one user.

Don't confuse Human beings who sit at a keyboard with operating system accounts called users.

Mystere, Dec 9, 2014
  3. Rickkins Win User
    Well now you're just being deliberately obtuse, and my morning gallon of coffee has yet to kick in...

Rickkins, Dec 9, 2014
  4. Windows 7 should be Windows 11

Lol. That's a relief. I was actually quite shocked by your remark, and thought my world view had changed *Wink I'm telling you, old age sucks!

Lady Fitzgerald, Dec 9, 2014
  5. H shouldn't. I should pay more attention o which post I'm responding to. Haaaaa - no worries. Hey, it's all good.

Jody Thornton, Dec 9, 2014
  6. Except that you don't have a single-user computer. You have a multi-user computer that only one human user is using.

Multi-user is not an option, and every user of windows, including you is currently right now running multiple users (at least 5 of them) on your computer simultaneously. Just not multiple human users. As such, you are dead wrong when you say "a very large number of people who are never ever gonna have more than one user on their computer", because it's impossible to NOT have more than one user.

Don't confuse Human beings who sit at a keyboard with operating system accounts called users. Well, just to be complete, he could have a single user computer. OS/2 and Win9x allowed such configurations. But the way I see it, that represents a poor and unsafe quality level of computer use. That's like saying, "We used to smoke in restaurants, and I wish we could go back to those carefree days", but now that's considered in most jurisdictions to be operating below safety code.

Jody Thornton, Dec 9, 2014
  7. Mystere Win User
    Well, what I meant by "impossible" was not that it was impossible for a computer to be single user, but rather that the design of windows is such that it's impossible. It's been this way since Windows NT was first created in the late 80's (and current Windows is based on this early NT design).

Windows would have to be completely redesigned to make it single-user.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 7 should be Windows 11

1. Windows 7 should be Windows 11 - Similar Threads - should

2. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  3. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  4. I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...: Settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-tableau-but-cant-open-to-work-with/121c4b99-5e38-405d-9e9b-dac5d738882d
  5. I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...

I downloaded tableau but can’t open to work with it.error saying I should check settings...: Settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-tableau-but-cant-open-to-work-with/121c4b99-5e38-405d-9e9b-dac5d738882d
  6. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  7. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  8. Getting weird emails! What if anything should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting weird emails! What if anything should I do?: I’ve been getting these ofd emails for the last 24 hours, its not me trying to sign in, what if anything should I do?“Hi **********@gmail.com,We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.Your single-use code is: *******If you didn't...
  9. Getting weird emails! What if anything should I do?

Getting weird emails! What if anything should I do?: I’ve been getting these ofd emails for the last 24 hours, its not me trying to sign in, what if anything should I do?“Hi **********@gmail.com,We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.Your single-use code is: *******If you didn't...
  10. I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...

I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...: I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now kindly help me i use this web through mn mobile huawei...