Windows 10: Windows 7 Starter is detected as Enterprise!!!

Discus and support Windows 7 Starter is detected as Enterprise!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm stumped as I have a Samsung netbook with Windows 7 starter on it and after running and rerunning the updates to try and get the Windows 10 upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by subwoofer, Aug 3, 2015.

1. subwoofer Win User

Windows 7 Starter is detected as Enterprise!!!

I'm stumped as I have a Samsung netbook with Windows 7 starter on it and after running and rerunning the updates to try and get the Windows 10 upgrade going, nothing has worked.

I've done the 'updatenow' trick which worked on a windows 8 tablet - nothing.
    I've attempted to manually install the KB3035583, but it fails with error 800700d8
    After checking my windows version which is confirmed by the slmgr /dli command as Windows 7 Starter Edition OEM_SLP channel - licensed
    I've then run the Microsoft tool to detect problems and it says the windows version is not eligible and says it is Enterprise.

How do I get round this? It seems like a dead end.

:)

subwoofer, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Siddly Win User

Windows 7 starter is detected as windows 7 enterprise during getwin10 check

Sorry but I do not understand the instructions. Could you explain in more detail?

Siddly, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Windows 7 starter is detected as windows 7 enterprise during getwin10 check

Hi Siddly,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) What is the exact issue your are facing related to Windows 10?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be happy to assist you in better way.

Kindly reply to us, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Aug 3, 2015
  4. subwoofer Win User

The microsoft 'Get Windows 10 app' says you need Home, Professional or Ultimate to use it, so despite Starter being included in the editions that get the upgrade, this app won't do it. Why it says the edition is enterprise is still worrying, especially as I've tried everything else to get it upgraded.

Anyone know if Starter is being delayed?

subwoofer, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Superfly Win User
    The Media Creation tool has built-in support for Starter to Home upgrades - best to use that instead.

Have no idea why Enterprise is being detected on your installation though.

Superfly, Aug 3, 2015
  6. alphanumeric, Aug 3, 2015
  7. bogey1 Win User
    Have exact same problem with Asus netbook. Media creation tool won't work with enterprise edition

bogey1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Starter is detected as Enterprise!!! - Similar Threads - Starter detected Enterprise

2. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  3. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  4. Windows 7 starter "missing operating system"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 starter "missing operating system": I was running Windows 7 starter on an Eee PC Asus, tried resetting the computer thankfully I did perform a backup beforehand!, Cancelled during the restore and now I'm getting a "missing operating system" on a black screen. Problem is I can no longer download windows 7 from...
  5. Windows 7 starter "missing operating system"

Windows 7 starter "missing operating system": I was running Windows 7 starter on an Eee PC Asus, tried resetting the computer thankfully I did perform a backup beforehand!, Cancelled during the restore and now I'm getting a "missing operating system" on a black screen. Problem is I can no longer download windows 7 from...
  6. Need to activate Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to activate Windows 7 Starter: Hi team,I have a Dell mini netbook which came with XP. To upgrade it, I have downloaded and installed Windows 7 Starter from a website. This has a trial license which expires after 30 days. Can someone please tell me where I can buy a real product key to activate my Win 7...
  7. Need to activate Windows 7 Starter

Need to activate Windows 7 Starter: Hi team,I have a Dell mini netbook which came with XP. To upgrade it, I have downloaded and installed Windows 7 Starter from a website. This has a trial license which expires after 30 days. Can someone please tell me where I can buy a real product key to activate my Win 7...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter: Hello, I have a Acer Aspire One that has the Windows 7 Starter. It was out of commission for a while and I got it working again. I am trying to update to the new Windows and I am unable to get this started. Can you please direct me to the correct download that I need?...
  9. windows 7 starter netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 7 starter netbook: spec below, will it take W10? THE SPECS Pricing Part Number NP-N110-KA01US Processor Processor type Intel Atom N270 Processor speed 1600.0 MHz Display Display size 10.1 inches Resolution 1024 x 600 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical...
  10. Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Starter to Windows 10: Hi guys, I was just wondering if Windows 7 Starter will upgrade to Windows 10 of any sort. I've read posts about this and it says that it will. I've been waiting and have gotten most of the updates already. However, the Windows icon has not appeared in my notifications...