Windows 10: Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Discus and support Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that caused it to crash. Anyway, I installed Windows 7 then used the media creation tool to update to windows 10. Now, whenever Windows 10 boots it makes the old Windows 7 startup sound which I do not want. Another issue is that when I turn on the PC, after loading up windows, the screen will stay black and not show the logon screen until I move the mouse. Like if I just hit the power button the computer will either never show the logon screen until I move the mouse or will take a while to show the logon screen.

I don't believe any of this is spec related because I have pretty good specs

Specs:
    iMac 21.5"
    Intel Core i5 2.7GHz
    16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram
    1.12TB Apple Fusion Drive

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Bill A57 Win User

Windows 10 Startup Sound reverted to Windows 7

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Bill A57 Win User
    Windows 10 Startup Sound

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  4. mpalomba3 Win User

I have solved the start up sound issue, I checked sound settings and there was a checkbox to turn windows startup sounds on and off, I thought they removed that feature entirely with windows 8 but I guess not. Still haven't solved the black screen issue

mpalomba3, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - startup sound

2. Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...: I followed a tutorial on the web but it did not work. I cleary applied the sound but i think it was for the wrong thing. Heres a link to the tutorial i followed : https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-change-startup-sound/#SnippetTab...
  3. Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello! I really wanted to change the startup sound of my laptop when i turn it on. I...: I followed a tutorial on the web but it did not work. I cleary applied the sound but i think it was for the wrong thing. Heres a link to the tutorial i followed : https://windowsreport.com/windows-11-change-startup-sound/#SnippetTab...
  4. Submission for Windows Startup sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submission for Windows Startup sound: I'm dabbling in music composition, and created a rather unique startup sound, and thought you guys might want to hear it. So, here it is, as I want to help out somehow. Here is the sound I created.I decided to go with a sound that pays tribute to the past, a tritonal BING, a...
  5. Submission for Windows Startup sound

Submission for Windows Startup sound: I'm dabbling in music composition, and created a rather unique startup sound, and thought you guys might want to hear it. So, here it is, as I want to help out somehow. Here is the sound I created.I decided to go with a sound that pays tribute to the past, a tritonal BING, a...
  6. Submission for Windows Startup sound

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Does the Windows Vista/7/8/10 startup sound take the ending verse from the song Living on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the Windows Vista/7/8/10 startup sound take the ending verse from the song Living on a...: I was wondering because, both the beginning verse of said song, and the ending verse of these startup sounds sound similar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-vista7810-startup-sound-take-the/1a184343-ec26-45c7-b82a-637ae98ff9ba
  8. Does the Windows Vista/7/8/10 startup sound take the ending verse from the song Living on a...

Does the Windows Vista/7/8/10 startup sound take the ending verse from the song Living on a...: I was wondering because, both the beginning verse of said song, and the ending verse of these startup sounds sound similar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-vista7810-startup-sound-take-the/1a184343-ec26-45c7-b82a-637ae98ff9ba
  9. Set default volume for system sounds on startup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set default volume for system sounds on startup Windows 11: When i turn on my notebook the system sounds app volume is at 100% and it sounds really loud and bad, is there a way to set default volume for system sounds on startup like 50%...
  10. Set default volume for system sounds on startup Windows 11

Set default volume for system sounds on startup Windows 11: When i turn on my notebook the system sounds app volume is at 100% and it sounds really loud and bad, is there a way to set default volume for system sounds on startup like 50%...