Windows 10: Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Discus and support Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that caused it to crash. Anyway, I installed Windows 7 then used the media creation tool to update to windows 10. Now, whenever Windows 10 boots it makes the old Windows 7 startup sound which I do not want. Another issue is that when I turn on the PC, after loading up windows, the screen will stay black and not show the logon screen until I move the mouse. Like if I just hit the power button the computer will either never show the logon screen until I move the mouse or will take a while to show the logon screen.

I don't believe any of this is spec related because I have pretty good specs

Specs:
    iMac 21.5"
    Intel Core i5 2.7GHz
    16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram
    1.12TB Apple Fusion Drive

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Bill A57 Win User

Windows 10 Startup Sound reverted to Windows 7

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Bill A57 Win User
    Windows 10 Startup Sound

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  4. mpalomba3 Win User

I have solved the start up sound issue, I checked sound settings and there was a checkbox to turn windows startup sounds on and off, I thought they removed that feature entirely with windows 8 but I guess not. Still haven't solved the black screen issue

mpalomba3, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - startup sound

2. Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please: I have followed multiple guides to try and change my startup sound. I have even edited my registry. I changed both values to 0 on windows log on log off sounds and nothing has changed the menu option did not show up inside the sounds configuration. Looked all over for...
  3. Windows 10 startup sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 startup sound: How to change the windows 10 start up sound from the sounds list ? Because the log on and off dosent appear in the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-sound/3a5bbdae-b308-44e2-8f0b-6473cf1f93f4
  4. Changing Startup Sound

Changing Startup Sound: I have navigated myself to the System32 file and found the imageres.dll however, when i open the copied file in resourcehacker, the file doesnt show me the expanded version such as the wave. how can i allow this to be modified?...
  5. Startup/Login Sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup/Login Sounds: So I've found a few articles online about how to enable the log in/logoff and startup sounds in 10. I've followed them, enabling their registry options and setting a sound for each in the Sound dialog box. The option does appear, along with the horn icon. Clicking "Test"...
  6. Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lags and freezes on startup, emits usb connecting sound then screens flashes.: This began suddenly. Everything was normal and one day I left the computer on for some time, and when I came back It was frozen. I Powered off the computer and this issue began. Sometimes after going through many painful iterations of that, it stops and I'm allowed to use...
  7. Strange Windows Vista Startup Sound on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange Windows Vista Startup Sound on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I just experienced something a bit weird on my device. When starting up my device, on Windows 10, an unusual Windows Vista startup noise can be heard. I find it annoying and can't find a way on how to change it. I have went the sound profile and found...
  8. Windows 10 startup sound not changing

Windows 10 startup sound not changing: I'm trying to change the startup sound on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps playing the default sound even after changing it. I went into Registry Editor and changed ExcludeFromCPL value data to 0 on both WindowsLogon and WindowsLogoff. Then, I went into change system sounds,...
  9. Windows Startup, Logon, Logoff and other sound issues.

Windows Startup, Logon, Logoff and other sound issues.: Greetings, everyone. Some questions here ! 1. Why does Windows 10 not get settings to CHANGE the START-UP AND SHUTDOWN sounds not about turning that sound on/off and also not about changing the logon and logoff sounds ? In the earlier days, it used to feel so good when...
  10. Sound doesn't work at first startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound doesn't work at first startup: Hi, A week ago I reinstalled my windows 10 on a new SSD. But, since this day, when I start my computer the sound doesn't work. I went and check in the control panel the sound devices but everything seems to work ( device in control panel ) Right now the only real solution...