Windows 10: Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Discus and support Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that caused it to crash. Anyway, I installed Windows 7 then used the media creation tool to update to windows 10. Now, whenever Windows 10 boots it makes the old Windows 7 startup sound which I do not want. Another issue is that when I turn on the PC, after loading up windows, the screen will stay black and not show the logon screen until I move the mouse. Like if I just hit the power button the computer will either never show the logon screen until I move the mouse or will take a while to show the logon screen.

I don't believe any of this is spec related because I have pretty good specs

Specs:
    iMac 21.5"
    Intel Core i5 2.7GHz
    16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram
    1.12TB Apple Fusion Drive

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Bill A57 Win User

Windows 10 Startup Sound reverted to Windows 7

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Bill A57 Win User
    Windows 10 Startup Sound

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  4. mpalomba3 Win User

I have solved the start up sound issue, I checked sound settings and there was a checkbox to turn windows startup sounds on and off, I thought they removed that feature entirely with windows 8 but I guess not. Still haven't solved the black screen issue

mpalomba3, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - startup sound

2. I set the startup sound to the interval signal of Moscow Radio but it still the Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set the startup sound to the interval signal of Moscow Radio but it still the Windows 7...: I tried to restart but it stills the windows 7 startup sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-set-the-startup-sound-to-the-interval-signal-of/43f65294-fc21-4731-80ed-630edb4cd807
  3. I set the startup sound to the interval signal of Moscow Radio but it still the Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set the startup sound to the interval signal of Moscow Radio but it still the Windows 7...: I tried to restart but it stills the windows 7 startup sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-set-the-startup-sound-to-the-interval-signal-of/43f65294-fc21-4731-80ed-630edb4cd807
  4. I set the startup sound to the interval signal of Moscow Radio but it still the Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 startup sounds comes way earlier than the screen turns on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 startup sounds comes way earlier than the screen turns on: Since yesterday i realized that my computer is taking longer than usual to turn on the difference is of seconds but still you can really feel the change in a negative way. The main thing is that when i turn on my laptop the startup sound comes almost inmediately after...
  6. Windows 11 startup sounds comes way earlier than the screen turns on

Windows 11 startup sounds comes way earlier than the screen turns on: Since yesterday i realized that my computer is taking longer than usual to turn on the difference is of seconds but still you can really feel the change in a negative way. The main thing is that when i turn on my laptop the startup sound comes almost inmediately after...
  7. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  8. windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows startup sound even when all windows sounds are disabled!: hi all these issues after a fresh install!no sound enabled from config -sound -sounds -no soundsbut still every time i startup the system i get the startup sound.just pisses me off. so far windows 11 seems to turn many things on even you have it off .i found "fixes" for other...
  9. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...
  10. Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...

Windows Startup Sound not playing after changing it; Plays default startup sound instead of...: HiI have an issue with startup sound..Windows startup sound. I wanted to change the windows startup sound, so changed it with the new one. But after restarting to hear the sound, I still get the old windows startup sound..I tried several times to change and fix it, but still,...