Windows 10: Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Discus and support Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10?

Hi, I'm having a strange issue with my new install of Windows 10. I had Windows 10 installed previously but I had to delete it because of a virus that caused it to crash. Anyway, I installed Windows 7 then used the media creation tool to update to windows 10. Now, whenever Windows 10 boots it makes the old Windows 7 startup sound which I do not want. Another issue is that when I turn on the PC, after loading up windows, the screen will stay black and not show the logon screen until I move the mouse. Like if I just hit the power button the computer will either never show the logon screen until I move the mouse or will take a while to show the logon screen.

I don't believe any of this is spec related because I have pretty good specs

Specs:
    iMac 21.5"
    Intel Core i5 2.7GHz
    16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram
    1.12TB Apple Fusion Drive

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Bill A57 Win User

Windows 10 Startup Sound reverted to Windows 7

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Bill A57 Win User
    Windows 10 Startup Sound

I recently updated my sound card driver. Now the windows startup sound is a Windows 7 startup sound. how do I get the Windows 10 sound back?

Bill A57, Aug 21, 2015
  4. mpalomba3 Win User

I have solved the start up sound issue, I checked sound settings and there was a checkbox to turn windows startup sounds on and off, I thought they removed that feature entirely with windows 8 but I guess not. Still haven't solved the black screen issue

mpalomba3, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 7 startup sound in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - startup sound

2. Windows 10 startup sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup sound.: I miss the startup sound Windows used to give when system came up. I've learned that Windows 10 defaults to no sound and it has something to do with fast startup. I've tried to enable Windows Startup Sound in control panel for sounds. It didn't work. I just miss it...
  3. Odd sound played at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd sound played at startup: Hello! For the past couple of days i've been hearing this odd 8 bit style sound playing at startup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vns0l258g2b6jpo/odd__sound.mp4/file Does anything know what is causing this ?...
  4. No Battery detected and startup sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Battery detected and startup sound: Good morning community team. my laptop is not detecting my battery. I fixed a new one is still not detecting it but rather is saying battery not detected and another time is saying plugged in not charging. what must I do to resolve this abnormality Thank you. Secondly, my...
  5. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.: Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275
  6. Sound and Etherner connection not available at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound and Etherner connection not available at startup: Sound and Ethernet connection not available after power-off and normal startup. Then I do a RESTART and everything works fine including sound ann my Ethernet connection?...
  7. Computer automatically mutes sound at startup

Computer automatically mutes sound at startup: My work-issued laptop (HP ELiteBook 840 G3) automatically mutes sound whenever I log in. Running Windows 10 Enterprise, with whatever update my employer has "pushed out" to it -- I don't have user rights to run Windows Update. I can manually turn the sound back on, but if I...
  8. Windows 10 Startup sound Tune

Windows 10 Startup sound Tune: Should there be a MS Windows sound tune at start up? If so, It's not happening on my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-startup-sound-tune/86a0d4b6-875f-4c74-9a70-4966f277d003
  9. Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound): I experience a delayed detection of usb storage at startup (device connected sound) with uefi + ultra fast boot I didn't have that issue at all when my win 10 had been booting with MBR/BIOS + ultra fast boot. The process was slower somewhat, and, I guess, the enclosure had...
  10. Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows 10 Have the Windows 7 startup sound as default and how do i change it?: Hello! I was wondering why my windows 10 laptop plays the windows 7 startup sound rather than the actual windows 10 startup sound. And how can i change it?...